It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These words belong to the man who threw his shoe at Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Do what you like except stand up for yourself, God forbid you do anything to help yourself huh. Someone else will come along and take control for you.

You want to throw me on the ignore list because you know I am right and you can't do or say anything to the contrary. Instead of saying outright that you are to much of a chicken **** to do anything, you rather act as if I am the one that is wrong.

Typical.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I thought about this when it happened, it immediately made me think about knife throwing, i am very good with throwing knives and its not a hard skill to learn. A trained person with a concealed throwing knife (say concealed in a boot sole) could have EASILY killed bush from that close. And if one was so inclined they could avoid all detection by carring a ceramic knife or glass knife or stone knife or even a plastic knife.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by jd140

Dude, I have been on ATS for over a year and you are officially the first person I have EVER put on ignore.

No, you know what. I'm not going to put you on ignore. I don't like to silence opposition. But I sure as heck don't have to respond to you.

From here on out I never will.

You bring such a bad vibe everywhere you go.

Take care now.

Didn't you hear, down with the federal government, we don't only hate Obama, we hate Bush too, but it just so happens we are baking a pie and/or suffering from ten broken fingers at once.

No worries, just so happens I got a spare one right here

Where you guys at???

fight the fed but not so much A???

[edit on 18-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Star and flag and thanks for sharing this with us. Yes, this guy is a hero in my book. It's a pity GWB dodged the shoes, would have been hilarious if he got hit on the head.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

JD I tend to agree with you more often then not, He made accusations about torture I would like to see him name names...

He is an Assclown if he would have thrown a shoe at a world leader when Saddam was in charge, I wonder what would have happened? He disrepected the President of the Untied States of America, last time someone throw some at a leader it was Archduke Feridand and It started WWI.

He went to jail for an assualt on a leader, as he should have. But if he was tortured it goes to show that the Iraqis are a bunch of cry baby liars, the BS crap they did when a few soldiers at Abu Garib and now they do nothing... Some hero this guy is.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

JD I tend to agree with you more often then not, He made accusations about torture I would like to see him name names...

He is an Assclown if he would have thrown a shoe at a world leader when Saddam was in charge, I wonder what would have happened? He disrepected the President of the Untied States of America, last time someone throw some at a leader it was Archduke Feridand and It started WWI.

He went to jail for an assualt on a leader, as he should have. But if he was tortured it goes to show that the Iraqis are a bunch of cry baby liars, the BS crap they did when a few soldiers at Abu Garib and now they do nothing... Some hero this guy is.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What a load of absolute Crapola. This guy makes it sound like Iraq was all wine and roses before the war. Where was he when they were gassing their own people, murdering innocent Kuwaitis and fighting Iran? Oh this poor patriot and his shoe of defiance. Give me a break!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Well, it was better before than now.

I wouldn't live in Iraq if you gave me $1 million.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

it is an unfortunate thing that this poor man had only two legs, and two feet, hence only two shoes ...

at least the secret service detail demonstrated through their actions and behaviors where their thoughts on bush were ... (hence the long time between the assult on the president and their intervention ... in a warzone ... no irony lost here)

if i were an iraqi, i would probably say something as simple as this:

dear president obama,
i fear that even if i were to be able to assemble all your lawmakers into one room with all the pens and paper they needed, that they themselves would not be able to provide a list of all your rules, laws, ordinances, ect, required by me to conform to your way of life.

i see america as a game in which souls are required to play by the rules that it is impossible to know. surely if conformity to the rules are required of your citizens, then your society should inform all the citizens of all the rules.

do you believe the supreme court justices could even dictate all the laws required from memory? yet a new born soul must comply to conform.

it's too much to ask of any life, let alone the babies in iraq.
perhaps americans would be better served if they abide by their own standards first, through demonstration, before imposing by force/fear/war that will upon our iraqi children.

thanks for your time president obama
sincerely,
an imaginary iraqi concerned citizen

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was very impressed indeed with what the man had to say. He wasn't just an idle shoe thrower. He had passion and reason, and still does, thank God!

As an aside, I know that the suggestion to add some kind of black mark to posts (and the poster) you find annoying or dissagreable has been turned down many times.

I would just love to be able to click a little "shoe" icon to indicate my displeasure with posts every now and again.

Wouldn't that just be great. I've got certain posters in mind right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
my heart aches for this man and for the iraqi people after hearing his words. how piercing, how true... when americans realize that we are not the victims but the agressors here (any war in america? look under the bed? nope not there, the couch? nope not under there...) its not americans that are dying by the hundreds everyday, its innocent iraqis, afghans, pakistanis, yemenis, somalis, algerians... ask yourself why? (better they die there than over here?) thats a very ignorant statemant... america is the empire here and if you paid attention even in high school history class you would know that empires, that the powers that be, are the agressors... if we paid more attention to the constitution and what we are doing, we wouldnt be doing it. we worry about americans, our armies would be at peace here in america, protecting americans... GW knew this was gonna happen..

"The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations to have ... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world"

if we werent in these countries, we wouldnt have these problems..
that guy is rightfully a hero in the arab world for being so brave as to protest with his shoes and suffer so much because of it all because he was trying to tell us that his people were dying...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I don't think that's true at all, most people I know have a "good for him" attitude about it.

Personally, I'd probably want to throw a shoe at Bush if I saw him too. He's responsible for tragedy here in America too.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I never heard about him being tortured for it. can anyone verify it?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I never heard about him being tortured for it. can anyone verify it?

not very familiar with prison life in an iraqi prison, are you?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
What a load of absolute Crapola. This guy makes it sound like Iraq was all wine and roses before the war. Where was he when they were gassing their own people, murdering innocent Kuwaitis and fighting Iran? Oh this poor patriot and his shoe of defiance. Give me a break!

It wasn't wine and roses but it wasn't the nightmare it is now.
Oh poor armchair diplomat and your sarcasm of defiance.
Give the whole freakin world a break.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I dissent from most of the opinions about this man being a hero. He had guts for using his access as an Iraqi media member to insult the president of my country. Call it ignorance or what you want but surely this man would have been tortured and killed, not to mention his family killed and raped had he been so "noble" and expressed his displeasure with Saddam. Respectfully I'm not going to get into the whole USA/Saddam partnership or Bush Sr's unfinished job or the hungry for oil debates as this is a great thread and I am just giving an opposing view. What is done is done and we are still sacrificing our young in Iraq, our men and women are still dying so this man can raise a family and live without fear for speaking his mind because we are trying to help establish a government where he doesn't have to be lucky to be alive. jm2cents

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Words never solved anything.

Except civil rights legislation, women's suffrage, the conflict between egypt and israel, a united germany...etc

In fact words have solved some of the many important problems of the last 50 years and whenever bombs were used in place of words things have gone disastrously wrong for everyone.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Funshinez]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You know wether you support the current administration or not i am appauled at you people he was a journalist and he threw a shoe at the president of our untied states i'm sorry but that act is undefencible you all should be ashamed at yourselves.

with iraqi customs throwing a shoe is a major offence , if he had thrown it at saddam he would have been hung , he is lucky he only got a bit of jail time and a beating he deserved worse, please no matter your political views be proud to be an american and stand against those who would destroy us!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
he threw a shoe at the president of our untied states

Blind nationalism has been the undoing of many superpowers.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
This guy was brave enough to stand up for his country. I may get some flack for this, but I think its admirable what he did. I can't imagine what it would feel like if some country came into America under false pretences and occupied our land. I do not pretend for a moment to understand the fear of living in a neighborhood that is turned into a war zone. If he was really tortured, and I have little doubt that he was, then hopefully he will find some peace after the ordeals he has suffered.

Some people feel that under Obama things like torture and war would slip into the past. I am of the opinion that he will only follow the same foreign policy that America has used for quite some time now. The same that Bush used.

You know I was going to give you a star for your post until I saw the second paragraph

Obama had nothing to do with this incident whatsoever. And he HAS so ordered the elimination of torture methods. So leave him out of it.

I think the Iraqi shoe tosser is a lunatic. It is admirable to stand up for your country but you are beyond nuts if you think you can slam a sitting US President in the face with a blood soiled shoe.
He is lucky to be alive. The secret service had every right to shoot him in the face.

edit spelling mistake

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join