It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Chair UN Security Council? Isn't that against the constitution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
www.un.org...

Barack Obama is set to become the first-ever U.S. president to chair the United Nations' 15-member Security Council when it meets later this month.

Section 9 of the Constitution says:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

I wonder why this ain't big news among Americans or on ATS.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Don't know a huge amount about the US laws etc. but if this is all legit then it seems worth noting and looking into...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hey man id love to think that you are right, however maybe the UN isn't considered a foreign state because we (America) are a part of it. If im wrong please let me know i dont know what the UN techinally is.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Do we know for sure that Congress hasn't consented?

They could get something like this passed in a couple of minutes.... wait.... no..... it is the Federal Government I am talking about.

You never know, maybe they introduced this to Congress in 1999 and they already consented.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I dont think he really recieved any permanent title or anything, I thought it was just this months meeting, and they have someone else chair the meeting every month, Not saying that I agree with us bieng involved with all of the un resolutions, just saying I dont think its a permanent thing,

In my personal opinion though I think our president should be more worried about us instead of UN bullcrap, just more wrong government priorities, what else is new??????

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

If you ask obama about following the strict Constitution of the U.S. it may not mean much to him. If you ask obama would he like to be Emperor of the U.S. it might mean a lot to him. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Obama's name is unconstitutional my man didn't you hear?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well actually as long as we are in a state of emergency and at "war" the constitution is "suspended" while we deal with the "threat" at hand by whatever means necessary, giving the executive office extreme powers only "temporarily" to protect us from the "threat".

At least that's what a professor said yesterday during a speech on constitution day.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

We're at WHO Level 6 .....the UN is in charge anyhow.

The SHTF soon.....

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Actually it should be constitutional since the US is a signatory to the UN charter with the advice and consent of the senate since the founding of the UN.

Charter of the United Nations; June 26, 1945

[edit on 9/18/2009 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I think you missed the most important part in the quote from the constitution, namely "... from any King, Prince or foreign State." The UN is neither a King nor a Prince nor a foreign State. I think it's a good thing that he will be presiding there. Where I live we call the President of the USA "planetarch", i.e. planet leader, anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I just don't understand why this subject isn't getting as much attention as it should be, well actually I kinda have my suspicions. Did we all wake up this morning, to find this nation that was in the middle of an economic recession and is currently engaged in an all out political war somehow corrected itself and we are all riding high now. In my opinion if President Obama wanted to hold this chair he should have respectfully waiting until he is unseated from his current position of acting commander and chief. I expressed a suspicion that he actually never ended his campaign after winning the election and was trying to take a pole position seat as the figure head of the world, since so many see him as a savior I can see him taking the CHANGE idea all the way to become the head of the NWO(just crazy, I know).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The only thing that come to my *Snipping* head is - ANTI- CHRIST! For real. This is crazy. My hair stood up at just the thought. This is prophecy, and I'm not into religion like that.

I don't want to hear it. He is the Best. The mark is already here, and now this? Disease, famine, and war. S#it is getting real.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I notice no one has jumped all over this in the MSM.

Obama brings 3 yrs state senate exp. , 1.5 yrs US Senate exp., and 8 months Presidential exp.

And He is made HEAD of the UN SECURITY COUNCIL!!!!

1.Secret Service nicknames his car "The Beast"

2. Farrakahn calls him "the Messiah"

3. He woos the U.N.!

And people wonder why devout bible believers think theyre seeing the Anti-Christ. Things dont look good from my angle either. 8(

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoundTheory

1.Secret Service nicknames his car "The Beast"

2. Farrakahn calls him "the Messiah"(
Is that true?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Why is this not big news?

Just asking..

new topics

top topics