It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity SUNDAY - Sunday - sunday: Obama Media Blitz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Change the Channel Sunday - You'll Still See the President

President Barack Obama is undertaking a media blitz to win public support for his health care proposals with appearances on five Sunday talk shows and another on a late-night comedy program.

On Sunday, Obama is scheduled to appear on CBS's "Face the Nation," ABC's "This Week," NBC's "Meet the Press" and CNN's "State of the Union" programs, according to the shows' websites and the White House. He will sit for an interview on the Spanish-language network Univision to air that day as well. Obama also is booked for "Late Show With David Letterman" on Monday night.

It seems that Republican Strategists are revisiting the "Obama is a Celebrity" idea, according to an interview I just overheard on TV. I haven't been able to verify this. But I was wondering what everyone thinks of this charge of possible overexposure...

Obama Over-exposure?

Republican strategist Kevin Madden says it’s too much.

“I think the worry is it’s gone beyond over exposure and now we have what I would call the ‘Obama omnipresence.’ You almost can’t escape this president,” Madden said on ABC News’ “Top Line.” “It goes beyond just cable news and it goes into whether or not you’re flipping on ESPN and you’re seeing him talk about basketball or you turn on the Lifetime channel and you hear what Michelle Obama is wearing this week. And I think that begins to wear on a lot of people.”

Do you see a problem with having the President appear so much? What is it? What is the problem? How does it wear on people?

I personally don't understand the concern, but I'd like to.

new topics

join