It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith Versus Preparedness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have to agree with the fact that its not fear of death.
For me it to make while I am still alive a tad bit easier, and yes, it is natural to prepare. I love the story of the grasshopper and the ants. We have savings accounts, even in this modern age of fast food and convenient store. Although I think those savings accounts are soon to be worthless.

I did have one question, do you mean by what you said, that things are going to get emotionally and spiritually dark as well?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The true Supreme Being is all love and all mercy. We are the same essence. No matter what the behavior here, no matter how awful it is, it is nothing but a perversion of love. Love is all that exists. If one has firm, sincere and genuine love and faith in the Supreme Being and relies on the Supreme Being then it is the duty and responsibility of the Supreme Being to take care of them and he certainly will do so in every way. However, how does one attain such a state of being? Blind or imagined faith or fantasy relationships are not usually a substitute. Ego drives most of those beliefs and is not true love and surrender. Still, to apply oneself as sincerely as possible and pray for greater sincerity and freedom from the ego and insincerity will certainly attract grace and mercy from higher planes and prove beneficial. Pretending, or aligning with lesser entities will have very mixed results.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have the same ongoing debate with my family as you have with your friend. To me it's not so much a "faith vs. preparation" as it is a "preparation BECAUSE of my faith".

Obviously, not everyone is awake and aware of the dangers we all are facing in the coming months/years. To be made aware is a great gift; an advance warning; an opportunity to prepare.

I figure if Yahweh didn't want me to prepare He would have just let me remain asleep.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I did have one question, do you mean by what you said, that things are going to get emotionally and spiritually dark as well?

The question You present I believe is objective to whomever is asked. I most definitely think the Elite will, and are currently trying to effect both are emotional, and spiritual well being.

In the general framework, the answer is yes; the Elite will be creating imho what most will consider a metaphorical dark time emotionally, and spiritually. It will be up to each one of us to support each other through the coming times. It is one reason I've done a few threads on what to do when the Your chips are down, and things are looking bleak......... It is by design.

Honestly I think the attack on Our emotional, and spiritual states began long ago. I don't think all the pollution, or unnecessary destruction of environment was by happen chance.

I really do think in the coming years especially for the organized religions the Elite will be releasing "new discoveries" of ancient history; which will in turn shake belief structures to the core............. Again by design.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ok, listen up people I am not going to preach to you but, There is a GOD he has a son named Jesus Christ. Now that said you know I am a believer.

I was alway taught from very young and I am very old now that God Helps them who help themselves. God is not going to save you from anything you must prepare to use your God given good sense to do it for yourself. God does not let people die or little children die, this is called life, thing just happen. My advise is to get yourself ready for what is ultimately coming, the total collapse of the economy. There will be chaos beyond your wildest imagination.
May I ask you why some of you out there think God is going to come and help you when this most beloved Nation of ours is all but lost. No thanks to all of us who stood by while 130,000 babies are being aborted each year and other thing we have stood by and let happen because we were afraid to speak out and stop this and other thing some almost as bad.

Prepare you and you family or close friends for the worst and do not rely on anyone but yourself to take care of you & your's when the SHTF.
God will bless you whether you want it or not , if you are deserving. KMG

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
God doesnt love you. Just like he didnt love the 50 children who died in the time it took to type this sentance. Its not good to warp your mind into delusional circular logic that might mean your "loved" by an cloud surfing genie.

Prepare as much as you want to ...... collect a mountain of supplies. Your still gonna be fighting back a horde of the needy if you want to keep any of it.

It's sad but true, and I agree.

If there were a God who cared, the World would not be like this. And as all good God loving people say, God helps those who help themselves.

You are right to try to be self reliant and stock up, but as the person I quoted mentions, there are going to be a horde of swine flu zombies busting down your door to take all your supplies. You will have to kill some of us. I say us because I will be one of the attackers, I have no other way to survive this. No money, supplies or weapons, I have become a zombie of the apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

You are right to try to be self reliant and stock up, but as the person I quoted mentions, there are going to be a horde of swine flu zombies busting down your door to take all your supplies. You will have to kill some of us. I say us because I will be one of the attackers, I have no other way to survive this. No money, supplies or weapons, I have become a zombie of the apocalypse.

Why don't you just ask if there's some work you can do for food if you haven't made any preparations rather than risking death and turning into a violent parasite?

The violent parasites with an entitlement mentality (that think they can take what you have just because you have it and they want it) are the reason I stocked up on ammunition. It wasn't for those willing to remain human beings.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I agree with you, I am not an overly religious person I do believe in a higher power but rationality tells me it's not so much the story we've been told.

My family and I are in agreement, I say were headed for the collapse of society, they say 'of coarse we are its the end times.'

I say we should prepare and try to save a little food, they say " god will take care of us"

Well did he not also say he helps those who help themselves?

In my opinion he did not write the bible for entertainment value. It's not very good, takes most people over a year to read it and longer to understand it. Its more of a guide of what has happen and what is to come. Why prepare people for the end times if you don't want them to prepare.

Anyway thats my take. God wants people to survive, he's give the signs to watch for, he's telling you there will be famine and weather disasters... so he must be telling us to get our crap together?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I am poor and have no money for a gun, but I have managed. $50 a month goes along ways when buying beans and rice. I've bought a few quality knives which were surprisingly cheap. I may be depending on home made weapons and explosives, but I'll do better than alright. It really doesn't take much money if you shop around look for the best prices, check your garage, get creative. Got a garden hose? a shovel? You would be surprised with what you can come up with for self defense with things you already own.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Bad thinks happen to good people.

He can put his trust in the Lord while preparing for an economic upheaval. I don't think that learning to take care of yourself, stocking up on supplies, and planting a garden go against any religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join