It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congo: millions dead! ignored! *sigh*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Unless Isrealis' live there and have defended themselves from attacks during this civil war, not a word will be spoken.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Oh come on dooper, it's not quite that bad.

Israeli aid delegation in East Congo

www.ynetnews.com...

"East Congo is hell on earth," says Uri Amit, the emergency division manager of Brit Olam, the international Israeli-Jewish volunteer movement, when asked why the humanitarian aid organization is dispatching medical equipment to the area.

Hell on earth
A difficult story to tell / Itai Engel
'On the entire planet, there is no place more terrible at the moment than eastern Congo. Except now, after arriving and taking pictures, I am completely frustrated at the thought that maybe you can’t even hear this story. Everything here is just too much.' Itai Engel explains why it is hard, and sometimes impossible, to explain suffering and pain that are so far and so plentiful...

"We know about the atrocious situation not only from the news broadcasts, but also from the heartbreaking personal stories told by the Congolese refugees who are residing in Israel and with whom we are in close contact. Although the aid is just a drop in the ocean, at this stage every drop is crucial. The chance of saving even a single child or woman is what drives us," Amit says.

Amit, who in recent weeks has been working with organization members to recruit donations of emergency medical equipment and medicine, which will shortly be shipped to East Congo, is well aware of the terrible situation in the area.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Over 5 million people???

I would much rather support intervention in the Congo rather than the pathetic pointless wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Where are you now America??? Millions dead!

Freedom and liberty? Bringing peace???

Ha! Don't make me laugh.

Africa, Africa, your troubles have arrested my heart.

It's not America's job to police the world. We are going bankrupt trying though. The only thing we could do is broker peace but if both sides do not want peace then let them fight out their civil war. I have no sympathy for those corrupt governments in Africa. I do have sympathy for the women,children, and elderly.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Africa will not be saved until Africa itself wants to be saved. As cold as it sounds, and it is, we can't do it for them. We learned that in Vietnam, we're learning it in Afghanistan and Iraq. The people there have to do it. Outsiders become just another enemy.

Yes, it breaks my heart to see these pictures, to hear the stories, see the results on a dear friends back where the machete hit him... I'm not heartless. But they, the Africans, have to want to do it. No other way will work. We're seeing the results of outsiders trying to "civilize" Africa.

The west needs to stay out. We'll only make the problem worse.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Africa has been exploited for centuries and now in the 21st century, we are going to make it right? No.

How about China or Russia intervene here and help stabalize Congo. Or Germany, France, Belgium, Spain or Great Britian....how about you guys go stabalize the place? Why is the US? Its a big sandbox. We can all play in it.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
I don't really care because it seems there's always some war going on in africa that i'm supposed to care about.
It was a couple years ago when i realized i shouldn't be concerned about things that i can't change.
If i wanna feel guilty about africa or any other poor nation i'll turn on world vision in the morning. lol.

Seriously tho people have their own problems here and i think that worrying about the other side of the world is what's getting us into trouble. We need to solve our own problems first

I remember being told the same thing by the current ruling class in the U.S.A. back during Bush's Presidency. Wasn't it on the order of "keep your noses out of other peoples' business"? So, that's what we're doing. We definitely need to focus on internal problems before trying to mend the problems in the Congo.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This war has been going on for YEARS and your blaming Obama?

Next the anti obamo squad will be blaming him for WWII.

You are right in the fact we get a lot of minerals from the Congo. In fact, that is what is fueling the wars there.

The human atrocity in the Congo is even more mind boggeling. The rapes, pulling children to be soldiers, the burning of villages. It is horrible.

Why it is being ignored, I don't know. But I have always said that I think this is the one time the US can be a police state, to go get that country into order.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This war has been going on for YEARS and your blaming Obama?

Next the anti obamo squad will be blaming him for WWII.

Who?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i have heard about this situation and i couldnt believe it!

yet another forgotton holocaust to add to the list , that most people do not care about.

Nanking Massacre
Congo Massacre
Palestine

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Over 5 million people???

I would much rather support intervention in the Congo rather than the pathetic pointless wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Freedom and liberty? Bringing peace???

Ha! Don't make me laugh.

Africa, Africa, your troubles have arrested my heart.

america??? where is the rest of the freedom-loving world?? what?..you can't go in there yourselves? don't sit around waiting for us to do it...protest your own governments lack of guts. tell your own governments to get off their collective @asses

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Wasn't Belgium a major part of the Congo's history?

Belgian Congo

And now that Belgium is a member state of the European Union, I feel it is the responsibility of the EU to stop this war.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here is something that I heard a little while ago that I thought was interesting.
China is taking advantage of Africa and its resources.

Problem is, with giving any of these governments(I am sure there are exceptions) in teh war torn areas of Africa, they just use the Aide or or money to fuel the wars.

Congo and China

And I think this article is very telling:

China Congo deal

Congo is currently negotiating with the IMF over the forgiveness of about US$8 billion in debt. Western mining groups have also been put on alert as they are waiting for a government review of contracts signed during Congo's recent civil war.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It is a typical situation like Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini and all of the rest of the tyrant s who get citizen military to torture and control the masses through starvation, incarceration and mind bending cruelty.

It is NOT the innocent and gentle people who have simply decided their lives are not worth fighting for.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

The anti Obama squad as I call it. The people on these boards who go around and try to attach anything that happens as Obama's fault, even if it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Without using any critical thinking or research.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Where is Obama and his African pride? Shouldn't he be preventing this war? I'll call him a racist who hates ALL races, even his own. He's one of "them" who wants to reduce the world's population, if you didn't know.

Great, somebody wants us to get involved in ANOTHER civil war....

Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan [Northern Alliance and the Taliban] and many Americans were not aware of the Civil war brewing under Saddam in Iraq between the [Sunni and Shia] Muslims in Iraq before we invaded.

World Police. You realize that means either kicking both sides ass or choosing a side to support. Either way that means killing people for the greater good.

I just couldnt wait to see the worlds Opinion turn against the US after some dead poor black kids pictures show up on the internet proving American imperialism.

Originally posted by cloakndagger
It's not America's job to police the world. We are going bankrupt trying though. The only thing we could do is broker peace but if both sides do not want peace then let them fight out their civil war. I have no sympathy for those corrupt governments in Africa. I do have sympathy for the women,children, and elderly.

If we are going to help it wont be at the point of a barrel. We should know we keep trying it.

The world needs to step up as one and act more out of it's collective humanity. Africa has been a disasters since word GO. Either by European colonialism or American exploitation and now the Chinese are having a go at them.

In my life I have met countless "Africans" all seem smart and have a very level head on their shoulders. Maybe I simply have only met the ones who have been able to raise themselves up above the troubles and were able to create something out of themselves regardless of the strife in their home country.

Africa's problems IMO would be a whole lot better with less interference and more support and education.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
PEOPLE ....REALLY, JUST STOP AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

(sorry for caps...but this post has got stupid)

this is about 5 million people dieing through war ..why the HELL has this became an obama topic? fact is, theirs alot of external influences on this situation.. but to put obama in to the mix is wrong!

concentrate on the topic, not on obama! the world dont revolve around him!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The anti Obama squad as I call it. The people on these boards who go around and try to attach anything that happens as Obama's fault, even if it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Without using any critical thinking or research.

How are the anti Obama squad any different than the anti Bush squad was back during his Presidency trying to blame everything on him?

I know Obama isn't responsible for the war in the Congo. But I also know by popular opinion during the past election, the U.S. should keep out of other country's problems. And this means the Congo. I also feel that Obama not pulling immediately out of Iraq and Afghanistan and closing Gitmo were key indications of his hypocrisy on the campaign trail. And yet people still defend him unabashed. Who are the one's without any critical thinking or research?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Originally posted by nixie_nox

How are the anti Obama squad any different than the anti Bush squad was back during his Presidency trying to blame everything on him?

I know Obama isn't responsible for the war in the Congo. But I also know by popular opinion during the past election, the U.S. should keep out of other country's problems. And this means the Congo. I also feel that Obama not pulling immediately out of Iraq and Afghanistan and closing Gitmo were key indications of his hypocrisy on the campaign trail. And yet people still defend him unabashed. Who are the one's without any critical thinking or research?

The people who blame Bush for every little thing are not any better. And equally as annoying. No, I never believe Bush was going to become emporer. *laughs*

To say that we should immediately pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq is just ludicrous.

In a far fetched hypothetical situation, lets say Obama did. As the taliban and other terrorist or warlord groups take over, and the mid east now totally destabilizes and civil wars break out all over the place, the anti obama squad would happily blame it all on his incompetence.

There in lies the problem and the title, no matter what you are going to try to find fault.

It is just silly to think we should just leave those wars. Those areas need to be stablized.

And it shows your complete lack of understanding of the situation.

We are pulling out of Iraq. Our troops that are there now are handing over the reigns to the Iraqis, They are training their military and their police. And as they are trained, we are leaving. And a timestamp of 2011 has been placed. Giving our troops a year and a half to wrap things up.

It would be a national scandel that the US would never live down if we left those regions in turmoil. Regardless of why the wars are started, they need to be handled accordingly. They are also unprecendented wars, started under and continued under weird condtions. You can't end that quickly and there is no rule book on how to handle it.

As for gitmo, the timeline isnt even up yet. And there was the problem of that states are acting like a bunch of babies saying they don't want the terrorists(indeed if that is what they are, most haven't even had trials or have been proven anything) in their jails.

Each detainee has to be reviewed and found a new home. There are 223 of them. Not an easy task.

Many have been moved already.

And Obama said by January. He didn't say by February 09.

Since Obama has come into office, there have been no new detainees brought there.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So first you decry American intervention in other countries and then it's suddenly America's sole responsibility to be the "World's Policeman".

Notice anything strange with that train of thought?

Take a look at who caused the problems in the first place in the Congo..........

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like I live in a world of Zombies and Robots who can’t take in, or retain any information that hasn’t been punched into them by their controllers.

Almost everybody in this thread is spouting off about how the U’S. should “intervene” in Africa.

Now it could be that the propagandists, who believe the West should move in and take over Africa for colonialism again, just swoops to these kind of threads.

Then again—the ignorance could be legitimate.

The fact is, there is not a single Nation in Africa that the U.S. and the West does NOT intervene in—in every little way there is to intervene. There is no African election where the West isn’t pouring in money to influence the outcome—no Nation that they don’t keep divided in case of the need for a civil war they can benefit from.

Africa’s problem is not nonintervention from the West--it’s way too much intervention.

The U.S. just paid and helped Ethiopia invade Somalia for Christ’s sake.

In Zimbabwe, one half of the inclusive government that was put together to bring stability to the country—the Western sponsored and paid for half—pulled out of the coalition—threatening to throw their entire Nation and people into more poverty and turmoil-- over one white man; a white man who had spent his entire life killing and torturing Black Zimbabweans in an effort to thwart majority rule; a white man who was arrested and charged years ago for plotting terrorist acts. Fled to avoid arrest so had never answered the charges. And these people—who want to rule their fellow Black Zimbabweans-- are going to pull out of the coalition because they don’t want one white man to even be brought to court over outstanding charges. Want to force a terrorist upon the whole Nation; force them to let a terrorist serve in one of the highest offices in the land. Don’t even want the rule of law to take its course; going to risk throwing their whole country into a civil war just to keep a terrorist from going to trial because he’s white and greasing palms with money given to him by the West.

That in a nutshell…is Africa’s biggest obstacle to better progress.
On a lesser scale—the entire world’s problem

The U.S. and France and Spain and the U.K, are all over that war in the Congo.

The CIA assassinated the first Leader that bought stability to the Congo after the Belgians—who were the first to slaughter millions of Congolese(mainly out of vengeance)-- were kicked out.

Why don’t you people quit lying, or inform yourselves before you comment like experts on every thing.

That’s why Africa will never improve; the lying that allows Western Nations to continue to go about the business of destroying the African people with impunity.

I also blame the African Leaders and the African people themselves.

It’ time to stop living on this earth like sheep and treating everybody else lighter than you like gods that holds the key to your salvation. Killing and raping for the white man is not going to earn you a spot in heaven, but a spot in hell.

I just read a story the other day about how women in the Congo were being raped with rifle butts. And that story was nothing but sick propaganda from demented animals who want to keep up the image of Africans as savages, and take a racist shot at African women at the same time. Few women can be raped with the butt of a rifle.

Anyone who knows the history of the Whites in Africa knows that all that kind of sick behavior was taught to African sheep by way of example by their white masters—including throwing burning tires around people’s necks

One white man can go to Africa—and he doesn’t even have to be anybody important. Some wino off the street and within a week he’ll have ten thousand Africans fighting and dying for him like he was Jehovah.

You still have old white mercenaries who think ten of them can go to Africa and overthrow small governments. The thing is they can, because it’s so easy to get Blacks to join them and do their bidding, and there is no risk in them trying. A mercenary caught in Russia, China, or Cuba—and most any place else—trying to mess with their governments, would be buried so deep, in so many pieces, the worms wouldn’t be able to find him. In Africa they go through the charade of arresting them. Two week later, a little money change hands and the mercenary is back trying again.

They used to be able to do that to other non-white people too. But most everybody else has wised up and put an end to that mess.

Until African Nations do—which some of them have--we are going to continue to have genocides on that continent.

Even though the tribalism and bickering among different Africans groups is ridiculous, African Nations don’t attack each other. It’s always a civil war that destroys in Africa. On the rare occasions they do cross borders, it’s always the West’s bully boy instigating and paying greedy despots.

What Africa need is what all other successful non-white Nations have.
That’s freedom form Western(white) intervention in their lands and political affairs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join