It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweeteners - What is the US view?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rickster01

The problem with EU labelling is that "Natural" is an allowed word with no real meaning. It's meaning in labelling is "of this universe", so can be anything from vegetables to something made in a lab.

It's getting pretty difficult these days to buy anything without sweetener isn't it? My family just buys raw ingredients from local suppliers and we make everything.

I saw something a while back that proclaimed "New - Original Formula" which is a bit of an oxymoron. Looking at the ingredient list showed they has replaced some sugar with sweetener. I can't remember what it was though!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic
reply to post by Rickster01

The problem with EU labelling is that "Natural" is an allowed word with no real meaning. It's meaning in labelling is "of this universe", so can be anything from vegetables to something made in a lab.

It's getting pretty difficult these days to buy anything without sweetener isn't it? My family just buys raw ingredients from local suppliers and we make everything.

I saw something a while back that proclaimed "New - Original Formula" which is a bit of an oxymoron. Looking at the ingredient list showed they has replaced some sugar with sweetener. I can't remember what it was though!

oh i looked at the ingriedents etc and there was no mention of sweeteners that i could see. I think here in the uk they have to put it on there somewhere if they use it. i cant help but find myself reading the labels of everything im gonna buy. lol

new topics

<< 1   >>

join