It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by infinite
Jews and Muslims are routinely bashed on this board, I've seen Muslims members of ATS mocked and insulted for defending moderate Muslims and their religion.

Please be aware that nothing in the OP is limited to white and black.

Anti-Jew, anti-semite, anti-arab, anti-muslim, religious fundamentalist bigotry etc. are all for Ignorant Fools.

I'd also personally argue that blind partisanship also falls in that category.

That is good to hear gools, I was thinking about this when I went to bed last night, how much Christians and Americans get bashed on this forum and the large amount of topics started, that are anti religion specifically christian and Muslim.

Edit to say add Jews to that.

[edit on 113030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Did you know there is no such thing as REVERSE RACISM? Something either is racist or it is not.... What breed it extends to does not matter.

That is another way I view humans... as breeds. Yes like dogs. Can you unequivocally state which dog is the very best better than all other dogs?

Of course not. You may have one you like the best but all dogs are different breed for different reasons and to do different things.

So it is with us humans. different breeds but all the same creature.

Still reverse racism is funny... the one claiming it usually needs a suspicious cocked eye brow in their general direction.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I do not believe that they should be allowed to spew racist hatred anywhere.

to me that's the most important part - as nasty as it is - it provides everyone with the opportunity to say: "oh no you don't..."

[edit on 9/18/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Racism is a divide and conquer strategy that is used by those in power to separate us from each other.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Fully agree.

Those who have legitimate concerns with obama's policies should actively distance themselves from ignorant racists, just as many of us expect moderate muslims to actively distance themselves from and speak out against terrorists. The same goes for the other side of the coin, such as rev. wright.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I do not believe that they should be allowed to spew racist hatred anywhere.

to me that's the most important part - as nasty as it is - it provides everyone the opportunity to say: "oh no you don't..."

Wow, what intelligent responses. What other parts of the Bill of Rights would you like to trample on today? People should be able to say anything they want, and guess what, that right is guaranteed by our most important document, THE CONSTITUTION! What needs to happen is that we need to slap people who get offended by every little thing someone else says to them.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I haven't seen the racism or bigotry that much here on ATS. I've seen a bit of anti-semitism but all I've seen is a bunch of people who disagree with Obama, myself included. It's foolish to corner everyone who disagrees with Obama as a racist. I don't understand this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

FINALLY! Someone who knows what they're talking about! I get tired of being called a brown sellout because I'm a Republican. So many people tie conservatives up with the racists it makes me sick- Democrats have, historically used racism and racial exploitation to achieve their aims when on the other side of the coin it was conservatives who fought against slavery and it was right thinking people like John Brown and Abe Lincoln who died because of their abolitionist viewpoints. (I know this is arguable but just trying to make a point) It was also Republican senators like Gordon Smith (we'll mss him) who put his foot up some liberal embassy pigs' collective a$$es to make sure my kids got the US citizenship that was their birthight. They also got my wife into the US after she was almost killed in the Davao city airport bombing as she just had her visa denied for very minor technicalities.
At the end of the day people need to wake up and realize WE conservatives are NOT racist. The ones who are are simply phony coservatives who hide out in the hills with their guns and dream of overthrowing the satanic jewish conspiracy that is ZOG. These people don't speak for me or the Republican party.
Thank you for recognizing that hatred goes across political parties and having the courage to do your part in creating a world free of pigs.
GREAT POST!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Racism exists but you can't single out a few racist kooks and say that's the sum of political opposition to Obama.

No, you can't. But you can say that those "few racist kooks" have opinions that aren't fitting to a modern society where everyone is equal, and thats exactly what we're doing.

That's reducing his Presidency to race and as a black man I find that offensive.

The Presidency is about politics. Its not about race. The sum of political opposition to Obama should be about policies, and politics.

[edit on 18/9/09 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen
... It's when you use your head and act out of the respect, love and empathy for your brothers and sisters that you truly deny it.

The problem is not that we do not know how to act, or not be racist. The problem is that for sooo long we have Mis-Labeled who the racists are! The Black People in America are the Racists today. Racism rarely spawns from anywhere else except the Black Community! They are the accusers, they are the ones who yell and complain about it, they are the ones who we must walk on eggshells not to offend, THEY ARE THE RACISTS!

I know that can be construed as me being racist, but we need to be honest. We need to speak up, we need to yell, we need to begin accusing them! Racism can never die until THEY stop bringing it to the limelight or we point out to THEM that THEY are the racists. We will never do that though, white people have no spine or voice, we just want to make sure we never offend people. I say screw offending people, we need to fix the problem but it can never be fixed without us growing a pair.

Dude, its all in your head. There are no requirements for being racist, only ignorance. If you let it blow by you like a bad joke then it really is NOTHING. If people want to be racist, let them, they will be swallowed by their own ego and ignorance. We are all 99.9 percent exactly the same genetically.
I have friends of all colors, as do most people, and it really is nothing special or new. The MSM live racism, politicians love racism, good people don't even give it serious thought these days. You gotta respect other people's feelings my friend, and if you take an hour or two to really try to put yourself in anyone else's shoes then you can generally gain a healthy appreciation for their point of view, and gain an even better understanding of how to bridge artificial gaps.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

People should be able to say anything they want, and guess what, that right is guaranteed by our most important document, THE CONSTITUTION! What needs to happen is that we need to slap people who get offended by every little thing someone else says to them.

This is a privately owned forum, the owners can make whatever rules they wish. There are sites that you can go on and make whatever racist remarks you want. Also, you can go outside and shout whatever you want, depending on where you are at the time will probably determine the outcome of that, but you're free to do it. ATS isn't trampling on the bill of rights, people are free to make additional rules in their houses.

link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I haven't seen alot of racism either,unless people are talking politics or about Isreal.
I do agree with SO tho in that it needs to be curbed.
A place as intelligent as ats shouldn't have to even bother with racial issues...we should be a bit more civil in our discussions and leave the race type discussions to nascar.

link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

to me that's the most important part - as nasty as it is - it provides everyone the opportunity to say: "oh no you don't..."

How many times a day are we expected to do that with people who have no interest in the discussion?

It became an exercise in never ending hate polemics with no end in sight ...

People were literally lifting OPs from storm-front, if you don't believe me I'll send you the links A lot of folks, including myself, try to reason with such mentality but there's no reason to be found, and it was getting worse by the day. The only refuge was to ignore and not feed them but even that has it's limitations.

One can only tolerate so much hate and garbage before they fell compelled to speak up against it. And then it became a painful exercise in frustration and exasperation.

And I understand your point about not brushing it under the carpet ... but such discourse on all aspects of race, religion, sexual preference, politics, and society can still be had, just not by folks who just want to paint others with a hate filled broad brush.

And there's no apocryphal merits to have such participants here, it's not like we'll believe that these people don't exist just cause we don't let them bring their storm-front crap to ATS.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree. As a child, living in the coal mining camps of Kentucky, I played with Black kids, and ate at their table, and never thought one thing about it. When I was 7 years old, we all moved to Northern Indiana. this is where it got weird. The KKK was still in vogue there at that time, and Black people were hated. The town we lived in had a sign that said, "Don't let the Sun set on your Black Ass." The sign was taken down in 1958, but the feeling was still there.

In my way of thinking, Race makes no difference at all, it is simply skin color, nothing more or less. If we (humanity) could step out of our human bodies we would in fact all look the same, for Spirits do not have race, or any other difference that I am aware of.
In this forum, composed of members from all over the world, from every culture and every race, the least we all could do is look over a person's skin color, for it means nothing in the long run, or in the big picture. For myself, I am a mutt. I am part Egyptian, from my G.G. Grandmother, who was a Gypsy, and the Montauk Indian Tribe, mixed with German, English, and who knows what else, not even counting the genetics ET put in me. When i am filling out a form and it asks me for race, i always get confused. Why do they care about this? So, I just leave it blank.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
actualy ur right,its just racism,i guess people call it reverse racism couse we "the white guis" are considered normal,and all the other races are "blablabla" but in the end were are just the same funny guys.
black man loves chicken
white man drinks tea in england..in the frikkin 16:00 am xD
jew man has funny beard and a hat XD
japanse man has pretty cool fung shuei house and i am jellus of him>_>

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
and the truth is were all asian tribes,but the white people (very sexy) that lived in these lands,,bulgaria and the like,,,breeded with us,and slowly maked us white..so our real bloodline is half lost atleast,half of us are asian,and half of us are vikings..like the norwegians xD

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

People should be able to say anything they want, and guess what, that right is guaranteed by our most important document, THE CONSTITUTION!

As usual, people don't understand the basic legal framework of these documents.

They are in place to protect the people from their government.

ATS is not a government body, it's a private business.

Your "Free Speech" is limited here as it is with any other private institution.

The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

I personally find your posts deeply offensive.

link   
Someone once posted, racism is liking NASCAR. What's the problem.

*just thought I'd lighten the mood*

link   
Like I said, I think this racism stuff is overblown to gain a political advantage by wrapping liberal policies around Obama's race.

For instance, I went to a friends house to eat and they were serving spaghetti and fried chicken. I'm not crazy about fried chicken but one of the white females there said she thought I would like the chicken.

People at the table saw this as a horrible remark but I didn't. A lot of black people I know like fried chicken and she was just speaking on things she heard about the Black culture.

She also has a black fiance, so to yell racism over this is silly.

I went to a club with coworkers and there's a white guy I work with that's clumsy and awkward. At the club we were dancing with female coworkers and he could really dance. I told him I was surprised he had rythm and he laughed.

Nothing racist occured.

In 2009 we have to get past yelling racism for every little thing. Blacks, whites, Asians, Indians have different cultures and there's nothing wrong with that. We can share those cultures without yelling racism for everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join