It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Health Reform Rhetoric Reminiscent of Violence in '70s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Republicans are rejecting comparisons made by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who came near to tears Thursday when she compared anti-government rhetoric over President Obama's health care proposals to the debate over gay rights in 1970s San Francisco.

WASHINGTON -- Republicans are rejecting comparisons made by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who came near to tears Thursday when she compared anti-government rhetoric over President Obama's health care proposals to the debate over gay rights in 1970s San Francisco.

"I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw this myself in the late '70s in San Francisco," Pelosi told reporters, her voice catching in her throat at her weekly press briefing.

Without making an eponymous comparison, Pelosi was referring to the 1978 murders of Mayor George Moscone and city Supervisor Harvey Milk, a gay rights activist immortalized in a recent movie starring Sean Penn. Former San Francisco Supervisor Dan White was convicted in the case. He committed suicide in 1985

I feel sorry for this poor woman. She hasn't got a clue! I have more questions than answers. What exactly is she insinuating? A race war? Does she think there will be an attempt on the President's life?

This entire episode is so over the top. She needs to push her personal feelings aside, and learn how to regulate her emotions! She has lost sight of the issue, clearly this is not an emotionally stable person.

How on earth did this woman ever get elected to Speaker of the House? Her entire demeanor scares the heck out of me.

Seriously, What good has she done since she's been in office? She needs to go!! How do we go about getting her out? Who is next in line to replace her? Anything would be better than this!

As I stated previously, I have more questions than answers. Have you ever met anyone that thinks she is doing a good job? Does anybody have anything positive to say about her?

I do not wish to turn this into a left vs. right discussion. We are so past that point!
So please, I'm just trying to figure this piece of the puzzle.

link:[www.foxnews.com...]

I look forward to your thoughts,

Sincerely,
Paxnatus

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

It's right out of the democrat playbook.

They tried pushing unpopular legislation through, without debate.
Didn't work.

Then they played the race card.
Didn't work.

Now they talk of violence.

To me, this says that they will propogate any violence that comes our way. That way, she can say that she fortold of this, and wants it to stop.

But this is just my opinion. Personally, I don't trust the CO2 that she exhales.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

So are you saying that you think this is an act, or is she this emotionally unstable? You are absolutely right about not trusting her. I mean, don't you have to have some idea of how to do your job?

She has no boundaries whatsoever! What an embarrassment she is!

Thank you for your comments.
Pax

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

It's an act. Plain and simple. This atmosphere of public perception, opinion polls, and manipulation has reached quite a peak.

And I don't see it ending anytime soon.

Oh, and to keep it "fair and balanced"
I'm not absolving the republicans from doing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Yes, it's an act. Nancy Pelosi is a bad actor who wears too much
make up. It won't work. It looks like she won't be calling us
"unamerican" for a while. Apparently, that didn't work. Nothing
is working for Nancy.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
What exactly is she insinuating? A race war?

She was talking about the slayings of Mayor George Moscone and gay-rights activist Harvey Milk in 1978. She didn't say anything about race. She is concerned that the hatred being displayed today toward Obama and "the left" will bring about the violence that we saw back then, where leaders are murdered for their positions by hate-filled bigots.

I hope that helps.

Moscone-Milk Assassinations

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Too Funny......

She made no statements about Republicans, the GOP or Right-wing anything. She spoke of the degradation of the political tenor. BUT the Republicans protest, "She's wrong"....

Why did the Republicans feel so compelled to denounce her as wrong, when she made no statements about this being caused by the right or GOP in any way.

Me thinks thou dost protest too much"....... LMAO

Oh, and by the way, I lived in the Bay Area in the Late 70's and she is wrong, ithe attitude and language is not getting as bad now as it was then...

It's getting worse.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

When I saw the video, my first thought was that Pelosi is coming unhinged. Yeah, now that I think about it, she could be just a really bad actor. But I still lean towards she is coming unhinged.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Part of it is that "everything" is falling apart for her and Obama.
She is crying like an 8 year old.

Glenn Beck busted Obama low balling Cap & Trade thanks to FOIA!
ObamaCare has 55% opposition!
Add to all that! The roof is coming down over AcornGate.

Wait! I almost forgot! CzarGate! Democrats are joining Republicans!
Who are these Czars?!!!

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The Dems are going to have to do a fake or real assassination attempt against Obama.

The talk show hosts (for the most part) really love Obama and want him in the whole 4 years, best ratings they have ever gotten. They put down people who want him out or taken out because they have never had such great sound bites and reactions. Regular people who are against him don't want him dead, that would leave Biden & Pelosi in charge. So:

Would Biden pull a Johnson to become president or would Pelosi take them both out to become the 1st woman president.

Look how much power Johnson had after he got rid of Kennedy. He got to hush up his scams in Texas to keep from going to jail. He got a war and fame & taxes for his Great Society scam.

Remember, for a real attempt they would have to go through the SS.

new topics

top topics

join