It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving to england?help?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i know its tough in england,and its probably better to go to nederlands or norway,switzerland,but still statfordshire or somwthing sounds like a too cool place,and as i sayd even if i clean the streets,ill be very happy,ill be with normal people,ill be with my best friend...in a beautifull place.
here i stay without a job whole day infront of my pc,going to ats or watching cartoons.like a nerd...im 20 for god sake!
its that i would work all my life as a janitor,i want to be a CEO or big stuff,but for a begginer immigrant i would be more then happy to cut grass and clean the streets,only to know that im in a nice place,where there are good people.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

i think you will find that life is very different around england, and most people do find birminghammers like this. travel more.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

You have the right attitude dude, that's the best start you can have. Anything can be done if you put your mind to it. You already seem to be under no illusion it will be hard at first, but like anything hard work does pay off. You just have to roll with a few punches sometimes.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I have travelled all over this country, Scotland and Wales too, I promote and tour with bands.

Don't cast judgement before you know where I have/not been.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
if i had lotsa cool friends,girlfriends and a nice childhood,i would probably stay here,but im kinda different... even though my family is great, i see only the bad stuff,and i want to be the member of my family who moves the whole family tree into riches...i want to succeed..i want to immigrate and such.
but i want to be good...and my talents to be appretiated
and here thats not going to happen,here if i go to UNIVERSITY after that
ill still be lucky to find a job for 400$ a moth,mr bob would you stay ina country
that pays you 400$ a month,and u have to give 200$ for rent and 50$-100$ for payment,u will have to eat cheese and bread to survive.
well mr bob will u stay or will u want to GET OUT into a better country?
where if ur a good pc wiz people will give u chance to work
instead of taking fat ugly people without competence

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
o its gonna be hard allright,im a "mommas boy" because of this i cant even fix my bed sheeds. im probably going to cry alot like a baby,couse i will miss my parents..but i will probably travel with my best friend and live with him,and knowing that i will take my parent too after a while...i will be good enough not to commit suicide.

i though that some works will be hard for me but not,i actualy prefer to be a waiter and work my a** off instead of being security and do nothing for 12 hours a day,or work with some rude idiot

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

i dont really care. you all have the same attitude.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

?? lots of people live like this in the uk. you dont know it very well.

Poverty is very bad in the uk do some research.

and i have lived like that .

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Wow your really that ignorant to think that!?!? Just because of where I am from you presume I think the same as ever other person in this city!?!?!

I am speechless.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

like i said i dont really care anymore. you are basicly inviting an him over here

"who cant even make his own sheets" putting stars in his eyes. he setting himself up for a world of hurt and dissapointment imho.

and i didnt say what you are reffering to exactly but, yeah every one i have ever met from birmingham i can safely say i wouldnt want to meet again.

i try and be nice, but its just bs. as soon as my accent is heard you are treated like a bastardo.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
cmon mr bob,were grown up enough people to get what ur saying,i know that its HARD to get a job and all,but im sure there are places,and with some good people to show me a little around,even without them,with little luck ill do allright.
u talk like u really hate immigrants...i know some people are lazy,and if u have hard time finding job couse of too much immigrant look on the other side..after all im an ATS member..were kinda like BROTHERS!or atleast i think like that.
u seem to kinda hate me from other threads as well,why is that? i tryed al the time to be inteligent and nice to you?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ok i didnt talked about my shortcomings so you can think i cants survive on my own,when i NEED FOOD,i will FIND work,even if i have to eat plants,im grown man enough to survive and to look after my self,sure i can be emotional and it may be very hard,but i can always return if i dont like it..ITS not th end of the world,and i wont return just couse some people hate immigrants
im 20,its the perfect age to take risks,i will work to make this money,and if i loose the money and return...its my lose,so many people especialy bulgarians immigrate,why should i stay in this bullsh*t?!
some emo girl can hook up a boy to take her to germany but i cant go to england? i dont think so

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Blanket assumptions dude, they make no sense.

Where are you from btw?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

i dont hate immigrants, the people themselves. I hate what they have done to the country. wich IS our goverments fault.

People come from war torn countrys , lives devestated, with the only hope of escaping. and will spend years in france, in tent citys. living off handouts. just to come here. why not stay in france! why here. we are small, and rainy.

and i dont get hwat you are reffering to with attacking you personally. to be honest i have only seen your avatar around. and if we have dissagreed before then that is coincidence.

about the ats thing. ok. what i can say is go to uni in your country. you can probably do student exchange for here. if you like it, then stay.

this is probably best thing to do.not go running here with no plan.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

ok ,but i have heard it many many times from other people. it cant be coincidence. evenpeople from other parts of the midlands

plus the weather always seems kinda gloomy.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i get the memo,that is a small country filled with immigrants,and il be sure to concider nederlands (being more opened)and blablabla but england just seems..the place. as for uni... it will be too expensive,and i will be working hard to make a good plan before going where is the most better

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

maybe save up a lot and visit. first. you might hate it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

about the ats thing. ok. what i can say is go to uni in your country. you can probably do student exchange for here. if you like it, then stay.

That is probably the best advice anyone has given yet in this thread. I could not agree more, lots of people I know have done this and have ended up staying. Test the water before you jump in, you know the score that way.

And yeah the weather is gloomy here, 52% of days are overcast I think. :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
well thats the plan,theyr alot of "tourists" trips that are really cheap and i get to stay in a hotel for a week,for the cheap price of tourism,instead of paying so much more for rent.i guess its luck,if 99% of the people on the streets arent rude and want to beat me up i guess ill be pretty ok with the city

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i tryed going to uni in my country,there are say in my country the expetments are REALLY HIGH,we like study advanced nuclear tech,my friend is a wiz at math,and he has troubles with his high school final exam,i got only a d- in my english exam ):
if unis in england provide work and shelter it will be cool,but the price is going to be very very high?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join