It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black military budgets are unconstitutional

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Hey, I basically agree with you. It's all about (sem)antics. Finding the "black budgets" from the treasury is relatively easy though:

www.wired.com...

And of course you have to add the billions that directly come from the illegal drug trade supported by factions within the military. Why are we in Afghanistan? But this is a topic that no man with a healthy family should ever do research on

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm very glad they do have the black budgets. The Manhattan Project was a black project and it eventually saved an estimated one million American casualties and several million Japanese casualties.

Living near two Air Force Bases, I've seen a couple things that literally made my hair stand up.

Things not in the literature.

Apparently reserved for emergency.

Just as the products of the Manhattan Project.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I'm very glad they do have the black budgets. The Manhattan Project was a black project and it eventually saved an estimated one million American casualties and several million Japanese casualties.

Sorry, but this statement makes my hair stand up. The 2 bombs killed close to 200'000 people. That is fact. It is pure speculation how many soldiers' lives would have been saved.

Source: www.atomicarchive.com...

The two nukes have caused unspeakable anguish and pain. I talked to a Nagasaki survivor last year. She was an innocent teenager when the bomb dropped.

IMHO the US should have given a warning shot by dropping a nuke on an uninhabited area in Japan first. The military supremacy of the US would have been proven without all the civil casualties.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

No. No, you're absolutely wrong, and have apparently been exposed to a load of crap from nuclear apologists who don't know their asses from strawberries.

In the 81 days of fighting on Okinawa, more lives were lost than both atomic bombs killed.

Put that in your little calculator.

Now extrapolate those numbers in an invasion of the Japanese mainland, and you'll calculate 1 million American casualties, and roughly seven million Japanese casualties.

Those atomic bombs saved millions.

Fact.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

May I point out that your fact is based on a statistical projection. It is speculation and it never happened, so we don't know. What we know for sure is that 2 nukes killed at least 200'000 people. Bombs do not save lives, they kill ...

I politely disagree that I was spoon fed by any nuke-apologists. It is my humanity that questions the action of the US at that time. As I've stated above a warning shot would have been the right way to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join