It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe (Season Two) Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy

Originally posted by Gazrok
It seemed the other Walter didn't have the window, or the gateway tech...although more handy at medicine it seems....

Remember the episode "The Equation" where Walter ends up admitted in Saint Claire's again and there was another Walter talking to him? I wonder if this was the alternate-Walter.

nice catch!!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I am usually a little behind on Fringe as I record it. Watched it tonight, thought it was a GREAT episode. I loved the retro titling and intro.

The retro thing was very cool...almost forgot about that...

I wonder how they made walter and super ceo lady look younger.

Yep, that was some great makeup work...downright eerie...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Next Episode: "Olivia. In the Lab. With The Revolver."

Olivia finds herself caught between keeping Walter's secrets and her loyalties to Peter. Meanwhile, the Fringe division investigates the case of a woman who mysteriously drops dead from a disease she never even had and the team must discover its origins before it can claim more lives.

The episode on April 29th is a musical.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Good episode, I suppose. It's about time they decide to start tracking down the other Jacksonville kids.

So far Olivia, Nick Lane (who had the contagious moods - currently in drug induced coma), Nancy Lewis (who had the pyrokinetic abilities) and the James Heath guy from today (also in drug-induced coma) are the ones we know that are still alive.

Helluva an X-Men team..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
At least it was a little (though not much) different than the threat of the week episodes we were seeing, and at least ties in to the overall story arc somewhat...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Problem is that it has been so long I can hardly remmeber who they were.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is Olivia's list of the Jacksonville kids.

Bold = Unknown, Italics = Dead

Cameron A.
Miranda G. - Miranda Greene (Olivia. In the Lab. With The Revolver)
Lloyd B. - Lloyd Becker (Olivia. In the Lab. With The Revolver)
Tessa E.
Timothy O. - Timothy Michael Ober (Olivia. In the Lab. With The Revolver)
Olive D. - Olivia Dunham
Rich N.
Alan D. - Alan Derosa (Olivia. In the Lab. With The Revolver)
Annie P.
Nick L. - Nick Lane (Bad Dreams)
Susan L. - Susan Pratt* (The Road Not Taken)
James H. - James Heath (Olivia. In the Lab. With The Revolver)
Lisa B.
Nancy L. - Nancy Lewis (The Road Not Taken)
Julie H. - Julie Heath (Olivia. In the Lab. With The Revolver)
Ken T.

*Twin sister of Nancy Lewis

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Next Episode: "White Tulip"

Passengers aboard a commuter train suddenly die, and the Fringe division discovers that all electrical equipment, as well as the bodies themselves, have been drained of power. Peter continues to be suspicious of Walter, who is still hiding a terrible secret.

Robocop!!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So I could only think of one thing after last night's episode, is Peck creating a new alternate universe every time he time travels?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes, I'd say he is, going from the mythology of the show...

Was kind of funny...before they even talked about wormholes or time travel in the episode, I was telling my wife about it in those exact terms (while she rolled her eyes)...based on the initial clues (like tachyons)...and equations... She then looked at me as if I was from Mars, hehe...
when they let the audience in on it...

Cool episode....and next one looks like some @#$% hits the fan....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So I think The White Tulip was one of the better Fringe episodes. I am usually not crazy about timeline stuff, but they did this mildly, in an interesting manor.

I cringed at the guys skin, and then cried when Walter got the picture.

Then you knew it was coming, Peter finds out who he is, and takes off. You hope that he comes back. No one has heard of the actor leaving the show, have they? I hope not.

But these great episodes are then followed by the stupid detective story. Which I think was just a stage to allow usually serious characters, sing. Which it surprised me what a good singer the guy who plays Agent Broyles it, he doesn't look the type.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

That is why he looked familiar! It is robocop!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Teh only thing I didn't get is that when he jumped again, they started over again. Without remembering. Yet when he jumped the third time, they didn't start over, they went to catch up with him. I didn't understand how that would work.

As for the timeline changes, if he ended up killing himself, nothing was ever changed. At least I dont think so. lol

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
An interesting point...if he killed himself in the past...then technically, Walter would have never had the conversation with him regarding Peter and the white lily, etc. (if you go with the already established changes to the past that did occur during the episode)...

Isn't paradox fun?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This weeks episode with Peter was fantastic. And you guys called it! alterwalter showed up! It is getting exciting!

Hello son.....

I was like: GASP!

Now we are going to have the walter battles I guess. Though obviously Alterwalter has the upper hand with technology.

Thing is, though you want our Walter to keep Peter, AlterWalter has a right to him. Actually they both do, our Walter saved him.I wonder how he figured out where Peter went.

And I liked how at the end there, they have you thinking that Peter is hallucinating Newton and just going out of his mind.They tricked you and had some weird stalker killing those people.

Brilliant.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yep Alterwalter has the technology, sanity, and memory that our Walter lacks!
Olivia and Walter will probably meet up with William Bell for help in the finale.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mentioned in the other thread...(Nemoy retiring)

That would be interesting...Zachary playing a young Dr. Bell....

can't wait for the Olivia vs. Olivia showdown...
:bash:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me about Nemoy. He is like 90.

I heard an interview with him last year when he started doing Fringe. He retired from acting a long time ago and was focusing on photography and other stuff.

It was only because of the interesting character of William Bell that changed his mind. He didn't even know if Bell is supposed to be good or bad. And then he decided to do spock for the ST movie one last time, as a pass the buck sort of thing.

I thought it very cool he came back just for JJ Abrahams, because he finds him as fascinating as I do.

But I guess now that we know Bell is on the good side, though I can't say that 100% certainty, maybe Nimoy got bored.lol

As for Olivia vs. Olivia, can't wait. and my first thought was: who is trained better and who is gonna kick ass?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
SPOILERS AHEAD (if you haven't seen the finale yet)......

Seems we got our answer...both were pretty capable, but our Olivia got the upper hand.

Explains why Walternate didn't want to see Peter right away...he just wants revenge it seems, and seems to be so bent on it, he's lost sight of the reason for his anger (losing Peter).... A bit strange...but ok.

Now we know why Walter's memories were removed....so that's cool.

Have to hand it to my wife, she saw right away that the otherside Olivia was the one who came back... I can't see her pulling it off for too long though....(Peter will likely figure it out first)..cool cliffhanger though....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I give the actress who plays Olivia a lot of credit. What a phenomenal job to play the same part with two slightly different personalities. Enought that you can tell it was alter-olivia that came back.

And Walternate is just evil.

But don't you think that FBI would of trained her to handle a torture situation?

So I take it we can assume that William Bell is dead.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by nixie_nox]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join