It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Failed at VISUAL TRUTH

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It would be a shame to promote Zeitgeist as a factual documentary- it is a film. Nobody's claiming Zeitgeist as the inerrant word of God, so I don't see the dogma.

It seemed to me like the point of the film was to show an alternative to what most Americans are raised to believe as the conventional wisdom, or more or less , truth: Christianity, the Fed, 9/11, etc all have a host of
misinformation that a lot of people just accept as true without ever questioning.

You won't hear me quoting Zeitgeist as the reason I believe something, however, I often ask people if they've seen the films so I know what they've been exposed to. So many people out there have no clue at all that they've been lied to on a number of topics throughout their whole lives. I was raised to believe in a chauvinistic, sadistic god who sent his only son( who was also the only god ) to provide a blood sacrifice for us worthless sinners. And America is the greatest nation on earth ( so I was taught ) because we're a Christian nation and our gov't of the people, by the people and for the people and has only our ( the citizens') best interest in mind. If you were raised in middle-america, especially the bible-belt, chances are your perspective is similar. Fortunately, I started questioning everything and my path of inquiry led me eventually to things like ATS and Zeitgeist. Both should be used as springboards, not final arguments.

<< 1   >>

join