It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Sneezes the Wrong Way in Front of Secy Sebelius

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Reporter Sneezes the Wrong Way in Front of Secy Sebelius

blogs.abcnews.com...

At a briefing just now, NBC's Chuck Todd just sneezed into his hand, rather than his arm, prompting the joking disapproval of Health Secretary Sebelius and press secretary Robert Gibbs.

Gibbs pointed out that a print reporter had just sneezed the correct way. Your humble correspondent noted that his 2-year-old did it the correct way this morning, prompting Sebelius to offer Chuck an Elmo video.

See video

I suggest,

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I was just asking my wife the other day where and when did this crotch of your arm sneeze thing come from? When I was in grade school (a mere 20 or so years ago), we were taught to cover your sneeze with your hand and (if you had one) a tissue or handkerchief. We used to catch hell from parents and teachers anytime our sleeves came near our nose or mouth: "That's a sleeve, not a tissue or napkin, young man!"

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, you sneeze on your hand. And then you touch something else.

Brillant isn't it? You conveniently move the virus from your nose to your hand, and then transfer it to a surface or another person.

Personally, I try to cough or sneeze into my shirt.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That was cute.

Thanks for posting. I hadn't heard of this new sneeze technique. Of course I don't touch anybody either.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I was just asking my wife the other day where and when did this crotch of your arm sneeze thing come from? When I was in grade school (a mere 20 or so years ago), we were taught to cover your sneeze with your hand and (if you had one) a tissue or handkerchief. We used to catch hell from parents and teachers anytime our sleeves came near our nose or mouth: "That's a sleeve, not a tissue or napkin, young man!"

The arm sneeze is kinda nasty.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Am I the only one that loves a good sneeze?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

You could be one of those people who has some cross wiring. My fav are the people with sneeze/orgasm cross wiring. Awesom.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

You could be one of those people who has some cross wiring. My fav are the people with sneeze/orgasm cross wiring. Awesom.

LOL I never knew that, it must be my alien DNA.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hehe, yeah because those germs will be trapped in your arm forever. It doesn't matter where you sneeze, once they're airborn they'll not be stopped by your hand or your sleeve. It's just something more for the population to focus on.

This is from 1942

[edit on 17-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Hehe, yeah because those germs will be trapped in your arm forever. It doesn't matter where you sneeze, once they're airborn they'll not be stopped by your hand or your sleeve. It's just something more for the population to focus on.

This is from 1942

Okay, do you mind if I sneeze on your face then? Since there is no difference?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
someone didn't go through the proper sneezing protocol and now the world has to know about it. said individual will be damned to hell. jesus do not forgive those who cover their mouth with their hands when sneezing. planet killing asteroid has been launched towards earth from an alien race to punish mankind for this action. the sea is boiling over and hell is about to unleash an army of demon to devour the flesh of the living because he did not sneeze correctly.

are you effing serious? i see people sneezing everyday in my goddamn life, why is this so special? can you effing tell me? WHY IS THIS FLIPPIN THREAD EVEN HERE!!!????

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Probably for the same reason that people die less from diseases than they did in the middle ages.

Because HYGIENE is an essential human issue, and the lack of it is a serious issue.

Out of all the important things in the World, hygiene is one of the most basic and most important.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
someone didn't go through the proper sneezing protocol and now the world has to know about it. said individual will be damned to hell. jesus do not forgive those who cover their mouth with their hands when sneezing. planet killing asteroid has been launched towards earth from an alien race to punish mankind for this action. the sea is boiling over and hell is about to unleash an army of demon to devour the flesh of the living because he did not sneeze correctly.

are you effing serious? i see people sneezing everyday in my goddamn life, why is this so special? can you effing tell me? WHY IS THIS FLIPPIN THREAD EVEN HERE!!!????

Cause I thought you needed a good laugh.

You do remember how don't you?

and a star, lol

[edit on 053030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is from 1942

Yes, because I have been conditioned to be repulsed by anyone else's saliva other than close loved ones. If you were my girlfriend/boyfriend it wouldn't be too bad, still pretty gross but nothing mega dangerous. Yeah the germs would be directly in my face but in reality we are discussing sneezing into a hand compared to sneezing into your arm. Keep it in perspective.

If you read my post you will surely understand.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This is from 1942

No, because I have been conditioned to be repulsed by anyone else's saliva other than close loved ones. If you were my girlfriend/boyfriend it wouldn't be too bad, still pretty gross but nothing mega dangerous. Yeah the germs would be directly in my face but in reality we are discussing sneezing into a hand compared to sneezing into your arm. Keep it in perspective.

Do you go wash your hand after coughing or sneezing into it?

No?

So now you have a virus that is contained in its environment for spreading - body fluids.

You proceed to put your hand on the door to leave.

Now, your viruses and your body fluids are on the door.

You go punch the elevator button. Same thing.

etc. and so on.

What's the difference?

You don't touch anything regularly with the pit of your elbow or the inside of your shirt.

How is this less than clear to people?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Sebelius is a witch. It was obvious she was being groomed for a post higher than Governor. She was a joke as Governor and often put her foot in her mouth. She's a joke, and I wouldn't trust anything she says or does. Watch her like a hawk folks.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There is no evidence to suggest germs will stay trappped in your sleeve.

It may disgust you but I don't wash my hands in public toilets, I know you don't mention them but it's for the reasons you say. I try and do everything (door, flusher) with my feet. At the same time I try not to breath in much because I know the germs are in the air and not just on the knobs.

I know what you're saying, I'm just not convinced germs will stay trapped in your sleeve, it's no way to keep them contained.

If I'm honest I hold the old fashioned view that a bit of dirt will make your immune system stronger.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yuck - the non-hand-washing-bum-touchers advice on germ safety.

Brillant.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
My wife was watching The Doctors yesterday and they had this new thing on for sneezing.

I forget whats its called so I will call it the elbow condom, but you slide this thing over your arm like an elbow pad and when you sneeze you sneeze into it. Afterwards you slide it off and discard.

What happened to carrying tissues or a hankerchief?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join