It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'will attack Iran this year'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
They were supposed to attack iran last year. And the year before that one, and before that.

yep and Iran was supposed to "wipe them off the map" last year and the year before that and the year before that..lol

Brinksmanship is stupid.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Please......somebody just call me when he shooting starts. I am so tired of "Israel to bomb Iran" or "Iran will wipe Israel off the map" or whatever the version is for this week.

I have been seeing this crap for 5 years it seems and date after date passes with nothing.

I will believe it when I see it, until then just stop with putting a time/date on it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
These threads are funny to read. Even more funny when you have someone thinking they know why these things are happening in the world.

Nobody on this thread knows what is happening or what is causing all this tension. Relgion isn't the problem.
or oil.

It's you not getting it yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I disagree WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

'let them duke it out' have you all totally lost your mind?

This deserves every ounce of our effort to avoid.

This is a government inflicted war, it has nothing to do with generations of land grabs and entitlements. It doesnt matter who you back, or who you hate, some of you need to be educated on Hiroshima.

Israel, DO NOT BELONG in Palestine.
Israel, DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to force Palestinians to live in squaller camps.
Israel, DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to a nuclear monopoly in the ME
Israel DESERVE to be punished, not applauded for there agressive actions

If this does got hot, and bombs do drop, America will inevitably be dragged into it. I don’t understand how people think they wont.

It is disgusting ATS at times, Disgusting.

None of you have ever experienced a day of hardships like these people, yet, you grow 'tired' of all this political BS and feel its better to just 'glass' the area.

shameful.

No wonder they hate us!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yes Israel will start it with American built warplanes and munitions. Of course Israel will start it. That's all it's good for, starting things. And, of course the big picture is America's involvement in yet another war. So ultimately, it will be America vs Iran while Israel laughs and makes yet another list of chores and errands for America to complete on Israel's behalf.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
Ponder this...Islam pays greater respect to Jesus considering him a prophet from God and had the ability to perform miracles.

en.wikipedia.org...

While the Jews don't even consider him a prophet but just some carpenter.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_view_of_Jesus

I dated some Jewish girl before and could never understand her point of view. She thought nothing of Jesus. And yet, Islam praises Jesus a lot more. hmm

The Islam doesnt see Jezus as "The Christ" thats a difference. Have you ever thought about the fact that the Jewish community never had the intention to convert other people to be Jewish ?[instead of Jezus for example who wanted to convert "his" whole religion across the world].Israel is a stable democratic country with a peacefull religion, instead of the orthodox shia muslims in Iran who spread hatred and terrorism throughout Iraq, Lebanon and the whole ME.
Israel stood for many challenges in the past and they will prevail again, no Russia or China willing to obstruct them.
Iran stands alone and many Soenni countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc would only applaud a strike on Iran. Too bad we didnt had a [peacefull]revolution in Tehran, one of the last hopes to avoid war, anywayz i whish the Israeli people the best of luck..

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I disagree WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

Good. Debate makes the world go 'round!

'let them duke it out' have you all totally lost your mind?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I probably have. Doesn't change the facts on the ground in the Middle East.

This deserves every ounce of our effort to avoid.

It's not "our" war. What's to avoid? Are you suggesting that the US should step in to police yet ANOTHER conflict?

This is a government inflicted war, it has nothing to do with generations of land grabs and entitlements. It doesnt matter who you back, or who you hate, some of you need to be educated on Hiroshima.

Nothing to do with land grabs? What, in your infinite wisdom, HAS it got to do with? What has an education on Hiroshima got to do with it? I thought Hiroshima was in Japan, not the Middle East?

Israel, DO NOT BELONG in Palestine.
Israel, DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to force Palestinians to live in squaller camps.
Israel, DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to a nuclear monopoly in the ME
Israel DESERVE to be punished, not applauded for there agressive actions

And your authority to make these determinations on national destinies is.... ?

If this does got hot, and bombs do drop, America will inevitably be dragged into it. I don’t understand how people think they wont.

It is disgusting ATS at times, Disgusting.

Meh. NOTHING is "inevitable". It's a mater of reactions and perceptions.

None of you have ever experienced a day of hardships like these people, yet, you grow 'tired' of all this political BS and feel its better to just 'glass' the area.

shameful.

No wonder they hate us!

'Zactly HOW would you know what hardships I've seen? Must not have done your homework on that one. Just like the rest of the post.

"Glassing" the area is what the Israelis appear to be trying to avoid by taking out Iranian nukes.

You have NO concept of how proud I am that you find me "shameful", nor can you concieve how little I care about WHO hates me.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

Originally posted by Stargate2012
Ponder this...Islam pays greater respect to Jesus considering him a prophet from God and had the ability to perform miracles.

en.wikipedia.org...

While the Jews don't even consider him a prophet but just some carpenter.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_view_of_Jesus

I dated some Jewish girl before and could never understand her point of view. She thought nothing of Jesus. And yet, Islam praises Jesus a lot more. hmm

The Islam doesnt see Jezus as "The Christ" thats a difference. Have you ever thought about the fact that the Jewish community never had the intention to convert other people to be Jewish ?[instead of Jezus for example who wanted to convert "his" whole religion across the world].Israel is a stable democratic country with a peacefull religion, instead of the orthodox shia muslims in Iran who spread hatred and terrorism throughout Iraq, Lebanon and the whole ME.
Israel stood for many challenges in the past and they will prevail again, no Russia or China willing to obstruct them.
Iran stands alone and many Soenni countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc would only applaud a strike on Iran. Too bad we didnt had a [peacefull]revolution in Tehran, one of the last hopes to avoid war, anywayz i whish the Israeli people the best of luck..

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Foppezao]

Right, Islam doesn't consider Jesus not "Jezus" with a "z" the "Messiah". But they do believe he was a prophet and performed miracles along with many other things that the Jews just don't believe in. I still can't really understand completely and grasp how the Jews think the way that they do when it comes to Jesus but WHATEVER I guess. They can believe in what they want, I just tend to avoid them.

True that the Jews have a peaceful religion that doesn't spread hatred and terrorism unlike extreme Islam.

And Iran might not have support of Saudi Arabia or Egypt, but they are in bed with a lot of other skeptical countries.

And by all means, Israel is not perfect. Some of their things they have done can be called appalling. But no country is perfect, and going to the micro level, no government politicians, military, or person is perfect either.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mind1universe

These threads just turn into Israel bashing and anti-Semitism from people who have clearly never studied history.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

either that of they turn into threads where people come in and call everyone an anti-semetic jew hater for having an opinion

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
duplicate

[edit on 9-17-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

They believe Jesus was a prophet, but subservient to Muhammad. Furthermore, they ALSO believe that Jesus will come again, just as christians do, but with the added twist that he will erase all the christians, and convert the world to islam.

In other words, they believe he will return to destroy his own followers. Go figure.

For a succinct summary of how islam differs from christianity in the matter of Jesus, research the 712 foot long inscription inside the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It's a quote from the Qur'an, and sums the difference up nicely.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
duplicate

[edit on 9-17-2009 by rogerstigers]

LOL, yeah seriously! Good point. Just seriously ponder this scripture passage. Makes you think huh?

The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

8 ¶ I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

It is like Jesus saying he knows the Jews works. He knows who have kept faith in him and who didn't deny his name. But for the ones that do, their church is Satan and do evil deeds. But they say they are faithful but they lie. So at the end of time, they will realize who he truly was and kiss his feet, and regardless of their transgressions he will still love them.

I guess that is how I interpret the passage and symbolism of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Stargate2012

They believe Jesus was a prophet, but subservient to Muhammad. Furthermore, they ALSO believe that Jesus will come again, just as christians do, but with the added twist that he will erase all the christians, and convert the world to islam.

In other words, they believe he will return to destroy his own followers. Go figure.

For a succinct summary of how islam differs from christianity in the matter of Jesus, research the 712 foot long inscription inside the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It's a quote from the Qur'an, and sums the difference up nicely.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting. I actually knew some of that. Yeah go figure with Jesus coming back as well, like the Christian belief but with the twist of Jesus helping to convert or erase all Christians and convert the world to Islam. hmmm lol

Personally, being a "mystic esoteric gnostic Christian" myself, I don't think Jesus will physically come again to earth and walk around. There might be signs and interesting things going on that shows the spirit of Christ again, but to see a physical form of him, I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It's not "our" war. What's to avoid? Are you suggesting that the US should step in to police yet ANOTHER conflict?

Perhaps you should become a little more educated.

A war between Israel and Iran, is actually a war for America.

Hardships? Your able to type and debate, youve obviously never experienced anything like the Palestinians.

Dont pretend to be a precious muff'n.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have worked with Palestinians before. Software developers. They were more than capable of typing and debating. They even have internet over there when their power stations aren't blown up or shut down by the IDF.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Oh yes, the Palestinians, used as the martyr and punching bag of the Middle East. They've suffered more from inactivity by their brethren than the results of IDF operations in the region. No Arab country, not even Jordan, would willingly open their borders to the Palestinians, because they would lose a moral high ground. You complain that Israel keeps them prisoner when the Arab World enforces that blockade. Pitiful.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

Israel won't be laughing this time. It will be the final straw. And that is all I can say on the subject.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So now we're blaming the Arabs for the Palestinians life style?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
With the current civil unrest in the US and UK, Isreal is missing both their trusted allies. We simply do not have the assets and the people would not stand another war. Not with the local issues and afganistan. Isreal would be alone in any military action. They probably will take action, Obama won't get all bushy on Iran and the UN is worthless. Iran would attack Isreal if they had the capability and the rest of the mideast would join in. Isreal will get pummeled before the end. They cannot bully their neighbors forever and get away with it.

I'm just waiting for the "disaster" in the US so the government and swoop in and save the day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join