It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put Yourself Here

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Many here seem to think that they are prepared for what ever is to come. Some have made better preps than others. So much is emphasis is placed on wilderness survival, guns, supplies and what to eat in the woods. What about other scenarios? Lets play a game shall we? Imagine yourself here:

You are at home relaxing after work, watching the six O'clock news. When a news flash happens. A pair of children's bodies has been discovered in a bag thrown into a dumpster. They had been tortured and partially eaten. Along with this grusome discovery a key piece of evidence was discovered. A memory card with video evidence of the crime and the perpetrator. As you watch, and condemn the monster that perpetrated the crime, a picture is flashed on the screen. It is you as well as your name. As you stare aghast at this you hear sirens approaching your home.

What do you do? You realize that you have just been set up to be hunted down and killed by everyone in the nation. This is going to be an open discussion on evasion and escape while on the run. What to do and how to do it. Where do you go? Who can you trust? Lets open this up and see if you really are prepared.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would report my ars str8 to hell for ROLL CALL AND BEGIN MY DEMONIC ESCAPE again after I find the door AGAIN. Nasty scenerio tho I must admit.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

With the way people listen to the media it would definitely be a real life possibility. Look at the current frenzy over Alex Jones rape, And ACORN murder accusations. People are tried and convicted by the media. If you caused enough stink someone might just put a marker on you and there you go. Assassination by media. But how do you get out?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thats a really tough question.
I am assuming I would have 3 minutes tops.
What season is it??
Also would canine be coming with them?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, first of all, I'd finish my plate of child.

I'm sorry man, but that's a little too freaky of a scenario for me to even form an answer. If I knew I was innocent, I'm not so sure I'd not just resign myself to fight it out in court.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sounds like the beginning of a great movie.

Who could set you up like that?
Why would they set you up?
How were you selected"
What information do you have and how did you get it?

Personally, I'd have a glass of wine because I wouldn't be able to do much else.

There are times that you can't win. There are only a couple of roads out of my area. If the sirens are approaching I can't use my car.

Choices.... Mountain bike or foot? Bike.

Where to go, how to hide.... Realistically, I'm not going to make it. I'll have to leave it to the action hero types.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Since I already wrote this scenario, sort of, in a fiction short story for a contest here on ATS, I will not post more than the link to it.

Ripped From The Headlines : Another Day In A Christian Paradise? Part 1(LSWC)

Mine does not involve children being eaten, however murder is involved, and being set up.

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Struggling to open eyes that felt like lead, Wes woke up feeling
pain all over his body. Moving slowly, he dry scrubbed his hands on
his face, only to realize they weren't dry at all. Opening them
quickly, he realized they were covered in blood. "Where the Hell did
the blood come from?" Wes thought to himself.

Suddenly there was a loud knock at the door. As Wes looked across
the bed to the front door of his small studio apartment, he realized
there was a female lying in the bed next to him. Getting up from
bed, he quickly ran to the sink, he yelled out "Give me a second, be
right there."

After washing his hands and face then drying his hands and looking
at the clock before he looked through the peephole, Wes noticed it
was six o'clock in the morning. "This is too early for who
ever this is, knocking at my door" he said to himself. He rushed to
throw on a pair of jeans, almost falling on the floor.

I won that contest.

Great thread idea, keep up the good work, and do not eat any babies.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No escape nor Justice from this scenario. Bust out the 50 BMG.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ok first of all you have one sick and twisted imagination... I like it!

Ok these are the steps I would follow if I was about to be made an example of and I knew I was innocent with no hope that I would get any justice from the judicial system.

I would start by grabbing all of my gear. My BOB, my MRE stash, my weapons, and my hats and wig
(don't even ask cuz I will not answer) Then I would throw everything into my vehicle and speed off. Now from here I have two choices 1). Go North and kind of stick to the back roads 2). Go South and go for the main roads. I think I would choose to go North because I know the roads well enough to be able to go as fast I felt like going and there are plenty of off shoots to duck into. Ok once I lost the police, I would ditch my vehicle in some thick woods and steal another car from a house or parking lot. Hopefully this all would be happening in the morning because then I would go for a business parking lot. It would give me the most time before someone noticed their car was gone. After that I would make my way to my bug out spot, this is where the wig comes in handy. No in my gear I have some money that I would be able to make last for awhile, buying only things that I need. When I would get the supplies I would be wearing the wig, a hat, or both and the wig I have is good, you just have to play the part while wearing it.

If you have any questions or anything you think would not work let me know.

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would probably be dead from a shock induced brain aneurysm before the police broke down my door. That is a situation I can't even wrap my head around.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Woah Woah Woah... The one thing that I have kept with me through all of my years is a very good chunk of advice. This person was wiser than I am so I have kind of lived by this, "No matter what the situation is, THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY OUT OF IT. Assess the situation, come up with a plan, excercise the plan, and be ready to adapt." Being an action hero is not one of the qualities you must have to get out of something, just a calm and cool head!

Or have the name Jack Bauer

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would leave by foot. If they set you up they would know what type of vehicle you were driving. I would assume canines might be called. If you are not there when they arrive, they will not know what time you left. Let us assume it is fall, in the midwest. A suburban environment. The authorities may have the roads blocked. After all you just became on of America's most wanted.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

If that situation actually happened to most people here on this site, they would be in for a lot of trouble.

For the most part, I fly under the radar. No one notices me or my family. I'm not into conspicuous consumption. I'm not into joining strange tax revolts. If you put your mind to it, you could track me down but why?

The best way to avoid your situation is to not be noticed. That's me. '
'

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So here's what I would do. I'd grab my hand gun, concealed holser and grab my bag which includes ammunition, extra magazines, similar gear, first aid, a couple power bars, some water and cash and a change of clothes.

If I had two minutes. I would probably take the said gun, go out to a locked door, kick it in, and start shooting and making it look like I ran out the side of my house. If I had less, I'd simply jump over the back fence and run. It would allow them a little more time. Because it would make it look as though there is some vigilante running around with a gun.

At this point the only thing on my person that would be easily tracked is my cellphone.. I would try to find a dog, dial it.. attach the cell phone to the dog. They think they are tracking me and it may take them a couple hours to realize that it's a decoy.

Then it depends on how they are searching after that. If they pull out a helicopter, Im going to populated areas.. or Im going to grab something to mask my signature

Long term, I have no clue how I would evade the cops.

But most likely case scenario is I wont get a heads up and they end up kicking my door in. Why? Because the police wont release info on it that could cause me to run before my capture. In this case I would keep my hands in the air and follow instructions.

Immediately after being read my rights the only words from me would be "Yes I understand my rights. I would like a lawyer"

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
O.K. you have made an escape by being smart and getting out of town to your bug out location. You have made it through a midwest winter. However, the boredom is getting to you and you need to socialize. Yes it is a need. Please explore Maslow's "heirarchy of needs". What are you going to do? Live in the woods all your life as a hermit. I doubt that you would last long.

There are a number of options. First thing you need to do is break every routine that you ever had. Yes the profilers will have that figured out by now, and know more about you than you do. If you love the sea go to the desert, or vice-versa. If you are in shape put on weight. If have family forget them. No friends either. Get out of the woods and meet some people. What you say. The whole world is looking for you! Start a new life underground. Yes there really is and American underground. Become a bike gang hanger-on, get a job at a gay club, befriend some illegals and learn from them. Change every thing you can and break some stereotypes of yourself. You are no longer you.

Learn to work for cash. There is more type of this work than you might think. Learn to be transient. Travel quickly and cheaply. Avoid public transport. Hitch-hike, or hop a freight train. There a number of transient communities that will take you in. They are all around just ask. There is even a defacto city that has been taken over by transients in the Smokey Mountains. The city was moved due to the making of a lake. All the buildings were left in place, and it was abandoned. It is somewhat out of the way but can be found. Join a carnival, or traveling group. Become a migrant worker. There are a lot of places and people that ask few questions.

Healthcare can be found at free clinics. Banks wont be needed. Use prepaid cards for purchases where necessary. Get a trac-fone type cell phone for communication. Claim yourself as an illegal alien and get a drivers license from a state that allows it. Whatever you do , do not ever give a finger print, or some idea of who you might actually be. Do not settle down and let your guard down even after years. Learn to live freer and lighter. You will be amazed at the number of people out there doing the same thing. I once took a summer off from life and travelled toe East Coast on a bike working odd jobs. It was actually a better time of my life.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I woud use those three minutes to call the best lawyer I knew and tell them to immediately meet me at the police station and be present for any and all questioning.

But you are probably a screenwriter with writers block looking to brainstorm some ideas for your script. Mine is kind of boring. You may want to go with some of the above.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Violet Sky]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm having difficulty wrapping my brain around this twisted scenario as a means to exercise my survival skills.
I'd either turn myself in and hope for the best as I know I'm innocent, or find me a nice loaded Glock and off with it....
Please tell me this is indeed research for a story, or screenplay..because it's too far out in left field for me to play ball with, let alone hit a home run.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I did overdo it a bit. I thought it was necessary to get my point across. So many people here think they are prepared for the worst but in reality they have never put any of their "skills" to use. We are so caught up in the aspect of wilderness survival that we forget their is more to learning what you can eat and how to build a fire. What do you do after? I thought I would try to shock people into realizing that survival is more than building a shelter and living off the land. there are a lot of variables that need to looked into for long term survival in an operational society.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I look at the Eric Rudolph case [the abortion clinic bomber] and wonder if many here might not end up the same way in various circumstances. There was no preparation made for long term survival. in fact it is really learning a new lifestyle. I am not sure there are many that could last trying to change the way they live while under duress. It is much easier to become comfortable with said lifestyle first, so that acclimation is not such a shock. To forsake all that you have known and even loved for continued survival is not often a topic often discussed here.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's true, too much focus is on wilderness and long term survival, and not enough placed elsewhere.....
I try to focus on what I need to do for emergency preparedness, say natural disaster related.
Not very often do I view the glass as half full, but your scenario is total nightmare..can't even go there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join