It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Austin, Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am a new member here in Austin. I look forward to getting down to brass tacks as they say with this forum. I am so looking forward to talking to all of you and I am so happy that this forum exists.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hello, from Dallas. Beware addiction.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hello from Round Rock

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hello!

Yes, I am fully aware of the addictive nature of these forums. I've been going through them and frankly I don't even know where to begin. There is so much information here. I'm glad that this place exists.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
hello from another country
-*------

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
welcome

Texans rock.

Enjoy the boards, and remember to listen to others
learn much
and have fun on BTS als...take time out to relax a little there.
www.belowtopsecret.com...
cheers
Zazz

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. After a while we'll forget you're from tejas and won't take it out on you anymore. :p
Nah, just kiddin. Born and raised, SA, D/fw..got a sis in austin. props.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Howdy from Rome Ga! I am a transplant, born in San Antonio!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Holy cow my HOMETOWN
, and I'll never go back

I loved Austin when I was young, and growing up. We lived just outside the Zilker Park area. I remember We would ride motorcycles on the Hike, and Bike trails, and shoot guns down at Barton Creek without any problems.

Things have changed; the place has grown into a regular metropolis.

I've got tons of buds in the topless club business, and they say business is hurting because of all the new regulations. Austin was close to being famous for those very clubs..........

I would dare anyone now to ride a motorcycle down the Hike, and Bike shooting guns at Barton Creek.....Oh, no the salamander!!!

Welcome aboard, and I hope Austin fits well

F

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the well wishes!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Yeah, the Austin of yesterday is over and it is quite sad. I still go out to Reds to shoot guns as much as I can but I found a better place out in Liberty Hill. Austin definitely would like to be the San Francisco of the South with the wrong kind of weirdos, over-regulation, and skyrocketing costs of living without any sort of adjustments in inflation. Really, the only thing we have right now is an inflation of a bunch of granola eating Oregon ex-pats. No offense to those people but yo, we didn't want your weird laws here.

Yeah, the Strip Club business is totally getting killed because of the smoking ban, raising the entrance fees (a new Perry tax), and the fact that you have the police in there all the time making sure no one is up "to no good". It's stupid.

I only stay here because my family is here. I tried moving away once and it just didn't feel right. I'm hoping that us "crazies" that hang out at Brave New Books can get some changes to go through. It's going to be tough but I'm hoping.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Welcome from Missouri .... I miss Texas. Grew up in the New Braunfels area. and the Spring Area. well heck all over Texas really...

Did I meantion I miss Texas

Welcome HERE

OMG YOUR A TRUTH SEEKER!

Hey Buddy! I'm a friend of Ron Avery at the Silver Eagle .. SUPER FRICKING COOL!

Hardly anyone knows about them folks... even here...

Well heck I guess that just Changed because now we both know!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by titorite]

new topics

top topics

join