It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President of the United States Replies to My Letter on Health Care!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by jd140
Would you rather get a piece of spam mail that doesn't begin to address your letter, which in turn shows that you were ignored or would you rather not getting an answer at all?

You miss the point entirely, it is not spam. It is not unsolicited. It is a returned form letter that is in response to a letter you sent. I can only imagine the results if nobody got anything back!

For crying out loud, I'm not generally defending any president, but this man can't win for losing. I despised G.W. Bush, but I would have felt bad for even him with this kind of ridiculousness. Send letters, you're wrong. Don't send letters, you're wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Here is what you might not be getting in all seriousness...six weeks to generate a form reply via a computer and email system?

What it shows in reality is a poorly run office with limited oversight and grasp of logisitics.

The actual reply I got since it was a form letter could have been auto generated in seconds...why a six week time frame to do what technology and the precise technology that was actually used would only take less than six seconds not six weeks.

The reality is I am sure if I really had to I could get the President on the phone within 6 hours to 6 days going through back channels.

Forget the lack of personal response, think about the overall effeciency of the response at a point in time when the debate and atmosphere being caused by the debate is critical.

The letter was written to a website officially set up for the very purpose of getting the health care message out there, it was written within hours of it going up on the very first day because unlike the White House I am on top of things.

The White House is not an underfunded endeavor. It has a huge budget, huge staff and unlimited access to the most up to date and effecient technologies.

There is no credible defense for the lapse in time if the lapse wasn't for the purpose of creating a personal response.

[edit on 17/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Thats the genius of it.

Its technically not spam, but it is.

Here is one definition of spam

(1) the recipient's personal identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients;

But they get around the term spam because a letter was written to them first.

Now this was letter the OP recieved was computer generated, didn't have anything to do with his letter in turn makes it irrelevant and was equally applicable to everyone else.

Now if everyone who writes the President is getting this same letter then although it isn't bulk spam, that is what it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hi proto!

I think Your letter had excellent points. The return letter was a joke..... As some pointed out, what kind of serf do You see Yourself as??? You actually expected some kind of response from a site which exists supposedly for such a thing???

Okay, in all seriousness I know it would be impossible for the barack Obama whether it is the President, or the many People who might share the same name, and be on the same pay roll, to write everyone back.

However, the site is there to supposedly give People a real voice, and have it heard. Does the form letter mean the site is really a joke, and only there to give the average serfs the illusion of power??? I personally lean towards that. Just as so many other things in Our society are false, or not real; so is that site.

The site, and responses sure could actually work; should the government really care. Just like ATS having volunteer moderators, the site in question from the OP could have the same. Instead of the many Barack Obamas having to respond to countless letters of repetition, the numbers would be drastically cut down by moderators sorting, and organizing topics.

It would work............. Many large corporations really do this exact thing in various ways.

I guess all in all I enjoyed the thread, and I got what I think was Your point.............. We are taxed without representation, and the voice, or outlet they give us to speak with them is a fake.

S&F

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

As always friend Sancho you are quite astute and correct. It is taxation without representation and technology and funding really would provide for a much more interactive user experience!

The reality is through directly and personally interacting with someone like me, and others like me, more specifically those that are opposed, they could in fact learn better ways to either overcome those objections or at least lessen how strenuous and numerous those objections are.

The reality is that they do not trouble themselves with this because they can in effect do what they want anyway.

If they were selling a car or a neck tie or a bottle of perfume, objections would be important to them, but since they are simply just ramming a genocidal health care program by eventual fiat and decree down our throats objections and those who voice them of are virtually no literally concern.

Most troubling indeed, we will need all your super hero powers before this offer Sancho my hero! Eat your spinach please! Preferrably organic spinach with no anti-biotics, chemicals or preservatives!

Thanks my friend.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

When We really stop, and think about what the site in question does, it ends up some kind of sick twisted bread, and circus affair.

Not only are they learning what, or how to deal with People such as us, but also how many People buy into the lies???? How many sheeple have written in, and actually believe in some minuscule form, they actually received a letter from the Pres.....?

I am no expert on Neuro Linguistic Programming, but look at the form letter You received is worded........... It really is plain sick. It wouldn't matter who is in the White House.......... They'd all make it real personal, on the almost intimate friend level; possibly I should spell out what I'm hinting at.

Quite simply they are trying to be thieves in the night. "They"(it is they as all those form letters are group compiled in many ways) are tearing at Our very sacred usage of language, by interacting with us at the level of a close Friend, or Family member.

I could go on, and I don't know how clear I am.......... let me try this finality.........example................ The dude who just broke into Your house who wants to hurt You, and Yours in every possible conceivable manner isn't Your Friend just because they talk nicely.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I understand what you are saying exactly my friend Sancho, as a friend in need is a friend in deed. For instance when you write me and say Proto I have posted this thread and I think it's important would you please take a look at it and add to it anything that you think might help this is how true friends interact.

Your friendship offers something and needs something at the same time, you give something as you are asking for something too.

Call it quid pro quo if you like, but the point is that it's interactive, it's mutual, you really are providing something to enhance the quality of life, you are really asking for something in return to enhance the quality of life.

The friendship works because it works both ways, by fostering a genuine base of two way communication and interaction that is addaptive to one another's genuine needs and one an other's genuine ability to be supportive and provide those genuine needs.

This is how all relationships that are productive basically work.

This though in the example of the President is deceptive in that it is really not two way. The President is not really personally responding to me or my needs, but is just pretending to personally address me, as he asks me to personally respond to his needs. The attempt to appear friendly in the endeavor isn't really friendly because he wants no reply, the letter came from a no-reply email address, the President is in fact asking for what he wants, while pretending to be my friend, while pretending that what he wants should be what I want to and in that fashion is actually giving my something, yet because it's not really a friendly or personal interaction it does not even address the fact that what I want is not what he wants.

So in reality this is a request for a friendship that is not based on a real friendship it's based on him inviting me to give him not only what he wants but not even offering me genuine friendship in return, not because it's in stark contrast to what I want, and it ignores that, but he doesn't even want to form a base of ongoing communication that establishes a genuine friendship.

You know that you can email me anytime and that I will read it, I know I can email you at anytime and you will read it. That's a basis for a friendship because we have an avenue of welcome and recipepricol two way communication.

So as you point on there is not even the offer of a basis for friendship, there is a blatant display that he did not even read or consider what his 'friend' asked for when I wrote, and all he did as a 'friend' was tell me what he wants, and why I should want it too, and then he said in essence, you are no friend at all even if you can and will do this for me, because there is no base for two way communications, and he does not welcome or invite that base for two way communications.

Now funny story and a true one if you are familiar with CNN and Jack Cafferty, years ago before I gave up watching TV I would watch Jack Caftery's segment on Wolfe Blitzer's Situation room and often email the show in response to Jack's Email Question of the Hour.

I did this for years in fact and every so often Jack would read one of my emails on the air.

One day I wrote the show in response to a question about Jimmy Carter and a Book he just wrote and his claim that George W. Bush was the worst President of all time. I thought Carter was a fine one to talk about this and wrote a scathing email to Cafferty about the Carter Presidency and it's many debacles. I knew it was too politically incorrect for Cafferty to read it, and he didn't.

Instead he plagerized it word for word, at the end of the segment when he renders his own oppinion after reading listener's emails to Wolfe Blitzer's horror, and Jack's own apparent shame...he said "Wolfe let me tell you about Jimmy Carter" and launched into word for word everything I had just written, Carter had not 10 minutes before been standing there on the show and Blitzer was mortified and Cafferty himself could not even bring himself to look into the camera almost as if he feared I was watching him plagerize my words through my own TV and if he looked up at the camera he might see me!

It was hysterical but I had literally shamed him into it by his reaction and Blitzer's reaction. No one expected it, even me.

Yet not long after that on another Cafferty Segment on whether the Government and people were doing enough to rebuild New Orleans on the two year anniversary after Katrina I wrote another scathing email admonishing him for how he was doing little himself and simply trying to exploit the situation for his own ratings and gain.

A few minutes later I got an email from a sender's address I had never seen before and opened it imagining it was spam, I started reading it and was dumbfounded as who ever wrote it was mounting a scathing personal attack on me, and talking as if they really knew me, and was intimate with me...I read it confused and a bit irritated and got down to the end and it was signed non other than Jack Cafferty!

He actually took the time to write me back during his own show on a personal and somewhat petty level that simply amazed me, here is this guy sitting in New York City on International TV, making big dollars, and I have rented so much space in his mind he finds himself compelled to let me know.

Over the next couple of hours we exchanged email after email assailing each other's charachter and positions until at last...

We decided we are friends!

Cafferty isn't easily influenced, but he can be influenced, even when his co-host and producers dissaprove...

How does this happen?

CAFFERTY HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO READ THE EMAIL HE INVITES PEOPLE TO SEND FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.

Evidently the White House and it's staff does not!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
simply put you can talk at it and not to it because we are stupid enough to elect these jackass's into office

if you want someone to listen to you, get the majority to vote for the right person

someone who will

and once the politicians start seeing that trend develop i guarantee they will start listening

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think I can shed light on the whole...there are multiple health care bills floating around...thing.

There are, but only two that matter at present and only two that anyone is taking seriously. The one that congress has been discussing that was posted online and Max Baucus's recent bill.

All of the other bills have never gone anywhere..No support.

The alternate bills, the ones being waved during the President's address to congress, do not have either industry support or even support within their own party.

They are nothing more than distraction. Even the GOP know this.

This article sums it up nicely..

There's No Market For GOP Health Care Bills
www.npr.org...

But many analysts say most of the Republican bills simply wouldn't do all that much to change the situation.

"Even if Democrats and Republicans do generally agree on things like curbing the ability of insurance companies to exclude people because they have pre-existing health conditions, Nichols says, legislation to do that by itself would be vehemently opposed by the insurance industry. And for good reason: Insurers don't want people to be allowed to wait until they're sick to buy insurance.

"You can't require insurers to take all comers, which is the fundamental linchpin of insurance reform, unless everybody comes," he says. "And the only way to do that is to have a mandate, and the only way to do that is to be willing to provide subsidies for the low income population."

And once you begin to provide subsidies, you have to either add to the federal deficit, or else raise money for them, which means cutting spending or raising taxes — all things Republicans are ferociously resisting.

In the end, says Nichols, with a few exceptions in the Senate, that's left even Republicans who know the health care system is broken without a way to seek much of a solution.

"I think they're trapped in a cul-de-sac of their own making. They really do have a problem in that no serious solution to our health system's problems can be concocted without some more government involvement," Nichols says.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Washington sure could use some honest politicians.

Now if the Powers that Be and the Media will just let one run!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

What ends up getting added in Committee at the last minute and rammed through before people have a chance to digest it always remains a concern to me.

What remains a larger concern is how amendments to existing laws are often put into other legislation that has nothing to do with that law and gets voted in to law as a package that the package itself doesn't even really signify by title what all is in the law.

In other words Tomorrow's Health Care Bill passed into Law can radically change not just as it is passing in to law, but then again a year later when some other unrelated massive bill is going through and includes burried in it amendments to the Health Care law that only law makers and not the public even know are in there.

I am forever opposed to Government in the Health Care business.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well you did better than I did on getting a response.

Last time I wrote my Senator all I got was several years of IRS audits.

Good Job on your letter

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Dramey

Washington sure could use some honest politicians.

Now if the Powers that Be and the Media will just let one run!

great way to put it, the ptb and the media are incredibly powerful, it would be great if an honest person could find a way to get past them

or if the people could find a way to enact law to find a way to limit the power the media has over elections

personally i wish we could take the msm out of the election process and leave it up to independent internet sites and grass roots campaigning to be the influence of the people when elections come around

we would have a lot more honestly if we didnt have as much money and media involved as there is

but how to go about making it all that way, i have no clue, maybe some genius can figure it out, hopefully

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A reply to a letter is not Spam. I also recieved the same form letter.

However, the below is spam. Every one of them was sent in July or after, so 2.5 months. I also have another 30 since July in my deleted mail folder i won't bother posting, plus all the others from before July which came at the same pace. The Obama people are out of control with email. I tend to igonre them all at this point. Disclosure: I still support Obama to some degree, but it is fading. I know one thing for sure is that McCain doesn't send me any emails at all

From To Subject Received Size
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com The tools to win on health care 6/11/2009 17 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Now, it's our turn Mon 9:03 AM 15 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Message for you from the President Sat 9/12 17 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com The real story of August 9/3/2009 21 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Power. 9/2/2009 15 KB KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com TODAY: OFA National Health Care Forum with the President 8/20/2009 11 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Time to set the record straight 8/19/2009 15 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Visit Sen. Nelson's office in West Palm Beach 8/9/2009 19 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Something unusual 7/29/2009 17 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Calling for reform in 2009 7/27/2009 17 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Your story, in your local paper 7/25/2009 16 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com An update - and a big new goal 7/25/2009 19 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com "It will break him." 7/21/2009 16 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Health care reform needs you: Call today 7/10/2009 16 KB
Mitch Stewart, BarackObama.com Can I run this by you? 6/30/2009 17 KB
From To Subject Received Size
Jeremy Bird, BarackObama.com Tomorrow night: Watch Party near you Tue 9/8 15 KB
Jeremy Bird, BarackObama.com One week 8/3/2009 16 KB
Jeremy Bird, BarackObama.com Reach out to neighbors in Lake Worth 7/31/2009 13 KB
Jeremy Bird, BarackObama.com "Inaction is not an option" 7/23/2009 15 KB
Jeremy Bird, BarackObama.com Small businesses in Florida 7/18/2009 15 KB
Jeremy Bird, BarackObama.com Walk and call with us in Florida 7/9/2009From To Subject Received Size
Change.org Action Alert End Discrimination in the Workplace 8/20/2009 15 KB
Change.org Action Alert Really? Death panels? 8/13/2009 16 KB
Change.org Action Alert Alaska national parks at risk from new mines 7/22/2009 15 KB
Change.org Action Alert Tell Congress: Repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" 7/15/2009 16 KB
Change.org Action Alert Tell Your Senator: Support Women and Girls in Afghanistan! 7/1/2009 17 KB
Change.org Weekly Change.org Victory: Department of Labor Releases List of Slave-Made Goods Sun 11:23 AM 21 KB
Change.org Weekly Women in Power; Confused About Health Care?; California Reduces Prisoners 8/9/2009 21 KB
Change.org Weekly America vs. Slavery; Veterans in Prison; Sarah Palin's Next Stop? 7/31/2009 24 KB
Change.org Weekly Born Homeless; Life in Prison; Nationwide Kiss-In 7/24/2009 21 KB
Change.org Weekly Sotomayor and the GOP; Evangelizing to the Homeless; Defending Animal Rights 7/17/2009 24 KB
Change.org Weekly Change.org Helps Negotiate $100,000+ Donation to Gay Rights Organizations 7/10/2009 26 KB
Change.org Weekly 24 Cities, 49 Days, 8598 Miles 7/3/2009 22 KB 14

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
. I know one thing for sure is that McCain doesn't send me any emails at all

Well I don't know how you ducked that mailing list.

I just sent him a question during the election and I DIDN'T get a response but I get emails from him at a steady clip asking for money...I got this one just last week. Too long to post but here is the excerpt.

John McCain [[email protected]]

As you know, the Democrats in Washington are doing everything in their power to push through their proposed reform full of political gimmicks. Your action today will send a clear message to them; we don't want government-run health care. Thank you, my friend, for your support and involvement on this very important national issue.

Thank you,

John McCain

P.S. The Democrats have pledged to "move forward" with their $2 trillion plan regardless of Republican support. But, it is up to us to do everything in our power to put a stop to the wasteful spending and enact health care reform in the right way. Please if you are able to, make a generous contribution to my reelection effort. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Thanks my friend, when I write my Senators I typically get a form letter response about 2-3 weeks later, and about the same time period for my congresswoman.

I can tell by the content of the responses they really don't read them but I send them ayway. I guess you could call me a dreamer!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
S&F for such well written letter that's speaks the truth. If they are going to have that website to begin with why don't they hire people to reply to those letters. They have their pick of tens of thousands of unemployed people to pick from, just please don't outsource the job. As a tax payer up until recently I would have been ok to see my tax dollars going to providing jobs.

Edit to add: I actually received a personal reply from my congressman today, and this is from a man who is currently being beat down and destroyed by the MSM. I was truly impressed that he took the time to tell me he thoughts on what I had to say and point out what he was or was not doing about each of my concerns.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
S&F for such well written letter that's speaks the truth. If they are going to have that website to begin with why don't they hire people to reply to those letters. They have their pick of tens of thousands of unemployed people to pick from, just please don't outsource the job. As a tax payer up until recently I would have been ok to see my tax dollars going to providing jobs.

Edit to add: I actually received a personal reply from my congressman today, and this is from a man who is currently being beat down and destroyed by the MSM. I was truly impressed that he took the time to tell me he thoughts on what I had to say and point out what he was or was not doing about each of my concerns.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by calstorm]

Thanks for responding and posting. I am glad to hear your Congressman takes the time for you to do his job. He's a rare good apple amongst a pretty bad bunch!

Why does it not surprise me the media would not like an honest man?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I would just like to point out to the Hope and Change crowd,

This was a really great thread until I saw that. I was interested in your view and the fact that you put all your hard work into a letter and got an ad for health care back. But this statement turned me completely off. From now on, when I see the OP of a thread say something divisive like that, I'm going to leave the thread and not come back. Good luck getting your point across.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But I have Kibbles and Bits and those yummy bacon treats 9 out of 10 dogs that want hope and change really think are bacon.

Lassie, Lassie come home!

Just who is the Grinch stealing Christmas here?

Anyway thanks for posting, stopping by, and working out a bit of the ongoing dissapointment of the hope and change crowd.

Don't stop dreaming about tomorrow, don't stop it will soon be here...
Yesterdays gone, yesterdays gone.
da-da-da-de-de-da-da-da-de-de-da

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join