It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with rude people and stress?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i want to ask you guis how do you deal with all of this.
i know u must be optimistic,blablabla law of attraction bla,but how can you be optimistic when all the time u meet some of the SOURest RUDEest people,and all gets in your nrves.....all that negative energy,am i just suppose to not be so sensitive or i need some tai chi exrcize to clean my chakras or something?
how can one get more buffed and shield his emotion strings from the bad behavior of such..monsters?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Edit: T&C violation removed.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Stay positive.
No matter what.

Meet every bit of inadequacy - (and that is what being rude and sour is - just an inadequacy in someone) - so meet every inadequacy, with an abundance of kindness and consideration.

Peace

[edit on 17-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just dont deal with them or it.

But I live just outside the middle of nowhere so it's easy for me to say that.

I used to live in a city and was perpetually surrounded by stressors and the most horrible people. I sent a lot of time at the range and hording every dime I could until I could afford to leave. Now I pretty much just sit and wait for the world to burn itself down. Happy as a clam.

I found that while I lived in the city most of my acquaintances would complain about the horrible people until they were assimilated into the horrible people lifestyle. So, you could just join them.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Generally speaking, I laugh at them. I mean, right at them. There is nothing that will get a person that is trying to goad you worked up more than laughing right in their face. Let's them know that not only are they not getting to you, but that you consider yourself above their pettiness.

Now, obviously every now and them, like anyone else, someone can get to me, but more often than not, I find this technique works.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just ignore them and keep it movin.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
In any stressful or tense situation, the very first thing you do is smile!

And, if that isn't enough and the situation continues to escalate, then find the irony or humor in it and laugh!

I can assure you that there is nothing in this world that can befall you that laughing can't put into the proper perspective.

If it works for the Dalai Lama...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If I might be so bold, I would like to give you some advice.
When someone is rude or sour, how does it ultimately affect your life?
It doesn't.
When you go home and have supper with loved ones, read your favorite novel, magazine, newspaper, or watch whatever your favorite movie/tv show.............
Isn't that what matters?
I've been around the block a couple times. And yes, I've been insulted by more than one, including loved ones.
Here's what you do. Go out and look at everything that happens around you everyday. A sunrise/sunset. Ever watched a spider spin a web? I hate spiders but it is cool to watch them spin a web. Listen to a cricket play his song. Enjoy a beverage of whatever you choose and relish it. A rude person has no bearing on your real life. If someone really is rude, then make it clear you want nothing to do with them in a class act way, then move on. Enjoy your life and don't sweat the small stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I try to avoid the rude people if I can, or ignore them. It's harder to be in a situation with people when you can't reasonably avoid them. I was raised to be polite when other people are not. I do think that in a lot of situations it is best to let things go. But recently I have learned that if I'm in a situation when I will have to be dealing with those people on a regular basis, it is best to stand up to them and explain that they are being rude while staying calm and not sinking to their level. This is not easy, but I am working on key phrases to call upon when confronted so that I don't have to come up with something on the spot.

For instance, "Why do you want to know that?" or "I'm not comfortable with that." "I'd rather you didn't make comments about my _." "I'm not comfortable discussing that with you." "I'm not going to share my opinion with you anymore, if you are only going to make fun of me." etc

When dealing with strangers, I think it is usually best to ignore their bad behavior or say "excuse me" in a non-aggressive way. It depends on the situation.

If you need help with a certain specific situation, get someone who isn't furious to help you come up with something to say. When dealing with anger, I find standing up for myself and meditation are the only things that have helped.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
im going to try to explain my problem.
1.im a very shy good fella,i hate people being rude or insulting me,i hate getting into fights,i would never start a fight without a reason or something.
2.so being emotional is tought,if someone says something bad or insults me its going to sour my mood the whole day
3. with sour mood,i get exactly like them,evil and revengefull.
4. im so pissed at drivers that i always carry a screwdriver on my seat,its just too much,sure i make some small mistakes sometimes,and all the rednecks start blasting theyr horns at me like im a CRIMINAL,and were talking about a next to nothing mistake,not a bad driving mistake.
5. the stupid rednecks on the other hand drive like babys and endager my life every day,i dont even have time to press the horn,couse im busy evading my death on the road driving couse of theyr stupid driving.
6. by rednecks i mean people in my town.
7. so i get this nasty feelng between my..am..boobs or something,like PAIN,like i need to be evil and hurt them or something
8.and i know thats a future pshyco ...i dont want to be a pshyco couse of these bastards!
8.so until i escape from this wretched place how do i deal with anger management? most of you atsrs are smart and know how to manage anger
thank you

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How do you deal with rude people and stress?

Usually I get all stressed out and start acting rude.

....I'm only partially joking there. Depends on the person pi$$ing me off. But I usually find that a rousing session of meditation brings about reality, warm feelings and forgiveness for the dumb bastard...

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
thansk guis,but i was raised too to be ultra good angel and polite,and all the people around me are like..demons.
im so good,i usualy dont get angry and remain calm when something hapens,and latter i get angry why didnt i insulted the guy back,or why didnt i hit someone....even for small stuff.
i though im a scared woman...but sometimes i see its like...i dont want to stood to theyr level,its like its stupid..why should i get ina fight.
but sometimes yea...some people really ned to be PUT IN THEYR PLACE,and that includes words and some times fists

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We were called out to a woman's house where she needed significant work done.

It was a gated community, the homes were all in excess of $2,000,000 each.

While we were busy unloading equipment, I got a phone call and stepped outside to speak. In my absence, the woman apparently began really talking down to my people, who I KNOW are some of the most polite, easiest going folks you could ever find.

There is a protocol in our business in order to not spread the contamination and to avoid having to repeat the same things over and again.

The woman told my people what they would do first, and when they tried to explain, she got her ass up on her shoulders and really started laying into them.

I saw my one female come out of the house, and it clear on her face that something was wrong.

After being illuminated, I walked back in and told everyone to start loading the truck. Get everything back on the truck.

The richbitch asked what we were doing, and I explained that we were leaving.

She jumped on me, telling me that we weren't going anywhere, that she was paying us good money, and that we were going to stay and do the job.

I told her, "Lady, you don't have enough money, your freinds don't have enough money, nor could all of you together borrow enough money to work one single minute for you."

"WELL! I've NEVER been talked to that way."

"Yeah, and that's your damn problem."

It's sometimes good to own the company. I will not tolerate anyone mistreating or talking down to my employees, who are solid gold of themselves.

Usually very wealthy.

Usually damned Yankees.

And I didn't know "damned" and "Yankees" were two separate words until high school.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by dooper]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Im in the Army, so I always deal with rude people. A long time ago, I found out that if you give in to the insults, it will just get worse because it makes them feel high and mighty. I get even by putting www.meatspin.com on in their laptops and look at the horror on their faces as they "meat" gaze.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I tend to let it go generally but if it is repeated, obvious and directed at me then I have been known to respond with a withering stare, a slow hand clap and a shake of the head. Most of the time this results in making them feel foolish because they have been called on it and put on the spot. Other times this action results in an argument.

If it comes to the latter I let them have it verbally with both barrels and take it from there with not a chance of backing down. This is rare that such things happen to me because I get on with anyone. However those who have been obnoxious to me on a whim tend to be much more in control of themselves on the next meeting because I just wont sit there like a melon and take it.

The point is I make a stand because no person has a right to inflict their negative energy onto me and when it happens I feel a sense of outrage and make sure they realise it.

The online environment is a different ball game but I objectify the rudeness as being nothing but words on a screen. I simply slap an ignore on them if there is no chance of adult discussion = problem solved.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Typically, I just ignore people who are rude.
If that is not possible though, I will become the nastiest meanest most annoying man you've ever met just to get them out of my face.
IF it came to blows, the ol' Dirty D headbutt usually does the trick.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
uk journalist,janet street porter says that in your life time you will meet 3 types of people. those who like/love you.those who will be friendly or indifferent,but ok with you.and those who will dislike/hate you even though youve done nothing to them.
never join a fly in the ointment.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Humour.

Two atoms are walking down the street.

One turns to the other and says, "I think I've lost an electron."

The second one says, "Are you sure?"

The first one says, "Yeah. I'm positive."

see? no stress.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

When I am at work, I simply tell the person to the best of my knowledge where the item is and if we don't have it then we don't carry it. Ignore the rest cause I have to.

Outside work is another story...
They get the bird and a few not so nice words from my mouth. Screw the law of attraction when it comes to rude, inconsiderate #.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Depends on who they are being rude to. If they are rude to me I ignore it. If they are being rude to a server, cashier, etc I get into their face. The cashier can't say anything or they might lose their job. They shouldn't lose their job or be harassed because of an asshat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join