It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is my first day off cigarettes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
lets hope i can do it this time.
when i met my ex wife i quit for almost 6 years. as soon as we seperated the first thing i did was go by a pack and have been hooked again ever since.
i don't enjoy smoking but it has a hold on me.
i am trying to quit as of right now. cold turkey.

i'll keep you posted on how it goes.

man this is going to be tough

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
giving you positive support buddy.

I have watched you go through many changes over the past couple of years and I wish you all the best.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
All I can say is... WAY TO GO!
Been smoking since I was 12.:shk: I trained my self to resist and use mind over mater. It's been a long battle and I've cut down a LOT. Went from a pack a day, to my new record I set the other day, 2 smokes.

I now gag when ever I take a puff.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
OH you poor thing. That is one hell of a battle. I quit almost 3 years ago. I will never touch another one. Ever. If for no other reason than to not have to go through the hell of quitting again.

I like my head where it is so I wont give you a "you can do it" pep talk.

I will offer some advice if you would like. Get yourself a block of wood - a chunk of 4x4 is great - a big box of nails, and a hammer. When it gets too tough, start hamering. It is really quite stress relieving. Keeps your hands busy too. Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I need to quit too, been watching so many people quit recently, man I wish I had your strength.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Quittings for quitters!
Now wheres my lighter

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You can do it man, it's all about mental willpower.

I'll be watching this.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

So, how ya doing?

Give me inspiration, PLEASE!!:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Best wishes...

It's the right move...

A little inspiration from a guy who's only actual addiction in life, only substance that ever really made me Jones was Cigs and struggles with that every day honestly.

Here are some things I like to think about when taking a puff

1: Impotence, your going to shrink your wiener at the least because of circulation loose it entirely in the functional manner perhaps if your not an active person and regardless your going to drop your Natural testosterone levels like a stone in water for sure.

2: Heart Disease, Circulation Diabetes... Liver, Kidney, Bladder Damage, all of which also can cause (see no #1) in addition to kill you too soon maybe young

3: Cancer all sorts of Cancer

4: Loss of circulation will speed up nay hair loss you might have and age your skin faster, it makes you look old, you also smell, your teeth go yellow, your clothes stink, your going to put holes in your clothes. Put that together and even if you get by #1 allot less people will want to indulge you in the actual act. Old and Ugly is what you will be much faster at least

5: teeth, they will degrade your teeth, a full set of crowns can cost 50,000 bucks (no one has dental ins unless your really lucky)

6: Cost

a pack a day at 7.00 a day is 56 dollars a week or 224.00 a month, you can make payments on a second car for that or insure a really nice Car

In a year you'll spend about 2,700 enough for a small vacation

Put that in the bank and add up Interest over 30 years... wont bore you with the math you could Retire on it

7: Overall Circulatory, respiratory

Slower, you'll have very little energy for a good roll in the hay, maybe you could be a...Ten minute man even if some one will and even if you can, running out of the question which means you will get Fat or Fatter adding to...all of the above

It's a terrible picture... just visulaize numbers 1-7 with 10 yrs more accumulation and what life will be

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Man i can give them up all week come Thursday evening or Friday catching up with friends Iam hopeless. A couple of beers and Iam a sucker for a cigarette.

I dont drink at home but love a social drink.

If you have the will power to give them up you will be ok.

for me iv made a decision to give them up but in my head it was during the working day which I have done the problem is when i drink.

I hope u as I will endeavor is to give them up all the time
as that is my next focus .

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join