It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe VS US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Europe- Population 803,850,858
USA- Population 304,059,724

Lets say a war breaks out between Europe and America like the game Endwar.

European Forces.

Active Service Personnel

Reserve Force

Total

Tanks
12,687 Not including other armoured veichcles

Jets

Transport aircraft

Budget of all countries combined

USA
Total Active
1,445,000 Not including enlisted, officer, females.

Reserve Force
850,000 ^^

29,900 armored vehicles

Cant find jets!

Spent on military
Budget $651 billion

time to rant people!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Crap Navy compared to ours... little ability to field troops on our soil, facing a fully armed populace as well. Europe has a larger combined military but not truely under one leadership and the chaos of having armed American forces already on their soil to cause havoc, genuinely united under one leadership with nukes in theater

If that is over come, we launch thousands of Nukes...

There are no real wars anymore

Police actions and Armageddon scenarios

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

US would win.

We have Chuck Norris.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Europe without a doubt

nah lets hope this never happens. in this case this thread will get responses of not who would win but who the people of ATS want to win and its mainly americans here so..

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well you are putting an entire continent against a single country.....The numbers of course will be higher for Europe
since its a continent with many countries in it. I think anyone could win, depends on many factors.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That you have to pit a continent against us is telling. That it is a valid question is even more telling, lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Remember, the USA ALWAYS goes hand in hand with Israel and the UK... so they got that goin i guess....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Europe could be the ultimate superpower if it got it's act together.Whether that's what we want is another matter.Britain is naturally closer to the English speaking world.Most European nations are generally none aggressive.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think you will find that us Brits are part of Europe, that taken into account and the fact that our armed forces are the best in the world! period! combine that with the rest of Europe then I think you will find that the good ole USA gets their bottom smacked. unless of course you wanna go nuclear!!!!

then you win.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hmmm... It's tough to say. I'd probably have to give it to the US though. It would be a long, deadly, devastating war - the worst in human history. It would probably dwarf World War II. But, in the end, I think America would win. America has a much higher military budget (like 49% of all world military spending!), and so they have a much larger arsenal (weapons, naval fleet, air force, etc.). The technology in America is cutting edge, and although Europe is right up there too, I believe the US is a little bit ahead of them in military technology. Europe does have more troops in service though, so they have an edge in personel.

The main reason I believe America would ultimately win, though, is because of the US citizens. Every single citizen would become a soldier if invaded, and would fight and defend themselves and their country until they die. So the 300,000,000+ figure you gave for the US might actually be pretty close to representing those who would fight (as militia), and would give the American armed forces an insurmountable advantage. No enemy would be able to gain too much ground on US soil, because they'd be fighting guerillas on a scale of nothing ever seen before. American citizens are allowed to be armed, and there are well over 300 million firearms owned by US citizens. Many of the European nations have very strict gun laws, on the other hand, so a civilian resistance would be much smaller in comparison to one in the US. For this reason, I give the victory at the end to America.

This is provided no nuclear weapons, or highly advanced black projects we do not know about, are used. This would change everything, and most likely there wouldn't be a winner. Only mutually-assured destruction. We'd all be dead...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Then the Invasion will begin, for they who arent nice are waiting for humanity to slip into this form of war.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Nice avatar you have a NICE STAR OF METATRON THE SUPER ARCH ANGEL IN IT, I like.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There are no winners in war!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by j04j07e71

It's comparable really. When you talk about special operations units like the SAS, SBS etc. for Britan or the Navy Seals, Army Rangers, etc. for US you will probably find that the training is of comparable efficiency and tactical knowledge not to mention combat training. As much as some Brits hate America we are still allies after all, no need to bicker over it.

As far as special technologies go, I think the US probably has Europe beat. We tend to horde awesome weapons of power for later use. Personally I don't think any country on earth is dumb enough to launch a nuclear weapon. I'm sure we all agree that it would be literal suicide to do so. As far as the US launching a nuke, well, I don't think we would need to.(I think the next nuke will be by some terrorist organization, and not necessarily middle eastern.) We usually kill far more than we loose, plus our Marine corp is trained to the level of special forces only there is more of them.

The United States is filled with deer hunters. I know you're thinking hick but what you don't realize is that we are raised marksmen. We have a knack for stalking animals that have a better sense of smell, sight, and hearing than humans plus we can take them down the precision. Basically a country full of rifle hunters is a country full of snipers.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LetTheTruthBeTold

I agree, and as I already said, Americans are raised marksmen. Most of us have more than just a little experience with firearms. We wouldn't even have to be trained to shoot. That training has been going on since we where small children. (I know I was 10 when I started shooting) We hunt animals that have better senses than humans, plus it would be on our own wild vast turf (if invaded). Plus the American people are already heavily armed.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Only humans can feel proud over being able to kill and threaten as many fellow humans as possible.

We are such a messed up species.

But dont let me get in the way of your debate over which side would kill the most.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Well, personally, I think wars are a waste of time, but I'm sure you can agree that if attacked one must defend him/herself to the best of their ability. Mostly what I've been trying to say is that America is more ready to defend themselves than most. I feel sorry for anyone that thinks they can take us by force. All they would be doing is awakening a sleeping dragon.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Oh come on, its imaginery fun!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Haydn_17

US would win.

We have Chuck Norris.

We have Jason Stratham who's younger and fitter.
Ps And he's a better actor!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spannera

Jason Stratham v. Chuck Norris. Now that would be something to watch! Love Jason Stratham btw. Freaking awesome actor!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join