It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown to Hypnotize UK on friday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Derren is planning a live hypno on the UK viewers at home watching on TV, he claims he will hypnotize audience by making them think they are stuck to there seat.

This kind of thing worries me, who know what he is telling us, "Buy my books" By my show tickets!

I am going to watch it just out of curiosity, i have told my family to force me not to buy books and crap.

Going to be an interesting watch.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Hi haydon

I lost a lot of respect for him over the lottery scam he pulled last week but i will record it & watch it later out of curiosity.
One thing that seems obvious is that if people want to watch it through they are not going to leave there seats so it seems a little pointless unless he does it inc a break & then you will always get the ones who say they couldnt move anyway.

Dont get me wrong i think this guys very clever & talented but i dont like this new direction he is taking.

Also that london cabbie trick with him knowing every squre in the a-z and whats in it is a trick done with a small speaker in his sleeve or watch, with someone giving him the info & if you noticed he held his head in his hands for every answer placing his sleeve right next to his ear.
Prob a high freq device that was filtered out by the sound engineers so his mic wouldnt pick it up.

[edit on 17/9/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don't "do" friday nights at home, so I'll be sky+ing it and watching it at a later date.

I'm looking forward to it, though, I want to be "glued" to my seat.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

naah, no mics IMO. He's just got the nack (and it is a nack) of influencing peoples decisions. Advertisers know this trick, and it IS a trick. It's not magick, but it is very very clever.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Dont get me wrong this guys a genius when it comes to NLP.

The trick i was refering to was when he asked a person to pick a location - anywhere in london & he would give grid ref/page number/square & what else was in it and every time he held his hgead in hands which is the giveaway, although he was very subtle with it.
That particular trick didnt i9nvlove any nlp and was just a straight forward memory one that he said he has been memorising the a-z for for a year or more.

Of course it IS possible he memorised it but its unlikely considering his commitments etc and the massive task that it would involve.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's very easy to memorise massive chunks of information, when you know how to do it. Again, it's just a knack in human awareness understanding. It's easy if you know how.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I think what Derren Brown is doing is a good thing, it might actually make some people realise the amount of influence television has on our lives. Sadly most will just look at it all as entertainment.

Dont know if anyone noticed but during the last episode there were subliminal messages appearing with numbers on his face etc.

I have read a lot on subliminals etc so maybe thats why I was noticing.

If anyone is worried about the effects its simple really...

watch it standing up!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I've not seen all the details about it, but I doubt he'd be permitted to conduct any kind of psychological attack on viewers. There are laws in place to prevent such blatant acts.

Having said that, any person who watches him is a dumb ass in all honesty. To submit to psychological tampering willingly is insane and those who do take part deserve everything they get.

Good luck giving up your free will even for a moment, if it is possible, or permitted. Personally, I wouldn't risk it, and I can't see why anyone would.

Wouldn't it be fascinating if he decided to go all terrorist on us and put those millions of people into a permanent coma, or convinced them all to end their lives?

Actually, that would be natural selection wouldn't it?

I doubt he'll be allowed to do something as the OP described. The ad for it suggests it's just a few puppets (read stooges) in a studio following instructions. Not the audience at home. But even so, I don't trust him at all, and if he is capable of it, his victims deserve everything they get.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

And just as you're sat there glued to your seat the power goes out and you're stuck to your seat indefinitely.

Cue psychological trauma.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Its voluntry, he cant force you to watch his show.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yes, I'm aware of that, thanks.

I have no problem with people being stupid enough to even risk allowing another person to psychologically influence them, by all means go ahead.

Like I said, if he does do it and something goes wrong, it's natural selection.

We could do with fewer idiots in the population.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

And just as you're sat there glued to your seat the power goes out and you're stuck to your seat indefinitely.

Cue psychological trauma.

lol, I can see it now, me whacking my foot on the table, trying to get my drink to bounce closer so i can grab it. (ala Homer Simpson in the snowed in shack)

I think I'd be ok if I was stuck in a chair for ever. It could be alot worse.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I used to watch this guy and his tricks and i even had the chance to be on one of his shows in the audience but i'm not going because i feel i will get hypnotised like i did once before when i went to see a hypnotist show... i'm not joking... those lights can have an effect on your mind!

I also wonder if he will be silently hypnotising people into taking the swine flu vaccine!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

its all about programing in it? dareen brown has announced he going to hypnotise so the viewers beleive there going to be hypnotised.......bingo the seed is planted and same difference with the swine flu apart from one difference the fear through media etc

ss

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
It's very easy to memorise massive chunks of information, when you know how to do it. Again, it's just a knack in human awareness understanding. It's easy if you know how.

Very true I can memorise large patterns of numbers due to a technique taught to me years ago by my Dad.

Basically it's all to do with rythm and pattern. For instance i can remember 14 digit store card numbers, my bank account details, door codes and the like just by creating a rhyme in my head. When i used to be able to recite my favourite retail store reward card number to the cashier i would get odd looks from them.

Rythm is the method greeks used to memorise one hour poems, or the aboriginies relate their vocal history.

Simply put a rythm is the best way to remember a sequence or pattern, even if you have to make a 'song' from it. No matter how crude, with a rhyming system you can remember huge sequences of info.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I can also remember tons of digits & passwords! Before the mobile phone came along i used to store almost all my friends, family and associates phone numbers in my head...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

I lost a lot of respect for him over the lottery scam he pulled last week

Sorry to pick up on one point... but what scam was this? The part where he predicted the Lottery Balls a year in advance or...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
He used to be great
Second line

top topics

join