It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My grand father was a Worshipful Master????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

IG = Inner Guard

Asst DC = Assistant director of ceremonies

(I get to salute the district/grand officers before the risings and lead the perambulation at opening/closing)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Fitz, I think you misread.

He said junior steward, not junior deacon!

No, I caught that. It's just that in our Lodge (and I presume others) the Junior Steward has some floorwork involvement in the Ritual. Maybe we're a tad different that way.

Mind you, Ksig seems to have had a Masonic rocket tethered to his hindmost.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

No, I caught that. It's just that in our Lodge (and I presume others) the Junior Steward has some floorwork involvement in the Ritual. Maybe we're a tad different that way.

Maybe it's different in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. Here in the USA, only Master Masons can be installed as officers, including Steward.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Maybe it's different in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. Here in the USA, only Master Masons can be installed as officers, including Steward.

Same here in the Great White North©. By the direction of the Master of the Lodge, one of the Stewards preps the Candidate and the other preps the Lodge. Bit difficult to prep the Lodge if the Lodge is open in a degree higher than you've attained. That's why I was scratching my head at bushidomason's progression.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Maybe these are some very small lodges that need "all hands on deck". I've heard of some small towns south of me that have barely enough to open a Masters lodge....and theyre all about 75-80.

I did have the honor to meet a very young mason the other day. He was in his early twenties. Theres hope.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join