It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manitoba chiefs furious after Ottawa sends body bags to flu-stricken reserves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
www.thestar.com...

This is VERY disturbing. Are we seeing a genocide of Native People in North America with this vaccine crap?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Crap like this makes me disgusted with my own government and country.
Don't give me some lame brain excuse that they were put there accidently either , cause that's about as accidental as small pox laced blankets.
After a century we are still seeing the same things.
Same "gifts" wrapped in different packages.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Am I reading this correctly,,"Aboriginal leaders in Manitoba".
There's Aboriginal's in Canada
is this true.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The strangest thing about the shipment of body bags to some reserves, is actually that they were not sent to all the reserves. That would imply that it is not part of a standard kit or standard shipment. The bags were specifically sent to those reserves.

It could be that the reserves that got them had none in stock. If the reserve uses a central stock keeping system, this could have triggered a request for the bags as they became available in the central warehouse. And keep in mind, they sent 50 bags. It's not as if they sent enough for a large percentage of the population.

What does raise a red flag with me is the reaction of the chiefs. They immediately start a fear mongering campaign. And it works. They seem to use this to stress the point that they want priority with the inoculations. The best way to get people to shove a needle with questionable content up their arm, is to tell them 'the other guy doesn't want you to have this'.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Good Lord... Its only 50 bags that were sent to some very remote locations. Better to have them just in case. Winter is coming fast and people can die from a variety of ailments and injuries during the cold and ruthless months ahead in Canada.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminottie

is this true.

Technically, an "Aborigine" is any indigenous person from anywhere. Of course, in Australia "Aborigine" always mean Indigenous Australians, but in Canada it means their natives, which are related to the Native Americans of the United States.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by Illuminottie

is this true.

Technically, an "Aborigine" is any indigenous person from anywhere. Of course, in Australia "Aborigine" always mean Indigenous Australians, but in Canada it means their natives, which are related to the Native Americans of the United States.

Thank you for clearing that up, I had no idea

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Good Lord... Its only 50 bags that were sent to some very remote locations. Better to have them just in case. Winter is coming fast and people can die from a variety of ailments and injuries during the cold and ruthless months ahead in Canada.

Hows about I call my local member of parliament, and put in an order for you?
50 bags enough?
you know..cause winter is coming and all, and you just might need them.
Lord knows up here in Canada where it is cold and ruthless we have lots to spare and are used to people dying in winter.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with that but of course it's blown out of portion
anyways i can say more but i have to let this one go.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

50 bags enough?
Lord knows up here in Canada where it is cold and ruthless we have lots to spare and are used to people dying in winter.

Does your parliament ship oversees? In that case: Yes please! Body bags are great for storing stuff.
You really shouldn't overreact. Normally a shipment of Body bags this size would go completely unnoticed. But in this case some people decided to make a fuzz to get media attention. And it worked obviously.
And to compare body bags to small pox laced blankets? Come on! If they had sent them early batches of untested vaccine or placebo's, then I would probably agree with you. But as things stand, this whole thing stinks of fear mongering and we should be looking at who is to gain by all this.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

50 bags enough?

Sorry I touched on such a raw nerve.
Send the body bags back and ask for some Hefty bags in return. Save your concerns for when they ship one body bag for every resident in these remote outposts.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DorflCome on! If they had sent them early batches of untested vaccine or placebo's, then I would probably agree with you. But as things stand, this whole thing stinks of fear mongering and we should be looking at who is to gain by all this.

One must consider the backstory here...upon the initial outbreak, the government refused to send hand sanitisers because some bright spark thought they natives would abuse the alcohol-based product. The tribal reps had to go to Ottawa to get the government's attention on the issue.

Never mind the fact that sanitation on reserves is a huge problem.

To compound the cluster# by sending bodybags is simply a matter of not getting it. They screwed up once...quite deliberately. To do so again, even if by error or insensitivity, shows us that they are beyond the learning curve required to handle the situation.

Indian Affairs needs a kick in the arse, and it's up to Steve to make sure it happens...and not just by scapegoating!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorfl

50 bags enough?

Does your parliament ship oversees? In that case: Yes please! Body bags are great for storing stuff.
You really shouldn't overreact. Normally a shipment of Body bags this size would go completely unnoticed. But in this case some people decided to make a fuzz to get media attention. And it worked obviously.
And to compare body bags to small pox laced blankets? Come on! If they had sent them early batches of untested vaccine or placebo's, then I would probably agree with you. But as things stand, this whole thing stinks of fear mongering and we should be looking at who is to gain by all this.

My end of the spectrum Your end.
You don't live in Canada..and I do.
I do take this seriously.
What if you lived in a remote town that experienced a flu outbreak and these were sent to you along with precautionary supplies, but not sent to other communities?
Would that not make you feel singled out..angry?
I'm not making this into an issue of just native versus non native..this could be anywhere.
It's disgusting to presume that body bags are even needed, much less wanted. It makes people feel disposable..like garbage.

'Don't send us body bags. Help us organize; send us medicine.'—Grand Chief David Harper

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

50 bags enough?

Sorry I touched on such a raw nerve.
Send the body bags back and ask for some Hefty bags in return. Save your concerns for when they ship one body bag for every resident in these remote outposts.

I'm sure you have better use for Hefty bags where you are.Much more trash to take out.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

"What kind of message does this send to our fellow citizens of aboriginal descent and what kind of message does it send to other Canadians, other Canadian families worried about the swine flu epidemic, worried about their kids going to school?"

"When I heard the news, I was in a state of shock. it was as if someone had taken a knife and driven it into my heart as a woman," she said. "How would you feel if you were worried about being infected with H1N1, and what you were sent was a body bag indicating that your family was going to die?

news.ca.msn.com...

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
UPDATE:
Health Canada's Apology

news.ca.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

join