It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will it take an E.T intervention to solve the worlds problems

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Maybe we all need to be become a hero at some poin

If we don't make the change, we should assume noone else should.

I for one, don't depend on my next paycheck I prepare, as if it won't come (I know it will though) but you never know. That paycheck may not come.

So I have to act as if it won't.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Yes why did he say that. I think he was right to say it, at least he was thinking what we all should be thinking.

"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world"

I have made a Drum & Bass Track with that speech in it.
trig.com... check it out if you like dnb its called Unkown Universe on the playlist.

[edit on 17/9/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You've got to hope not really. To start with its kinda embarrassing to the human race to have to be saved from ourselves by 'outsiders' !

Also hoping that some kind of alien intervention will come and fix us is like leaving a kid in the middle of the street and hoping some nice stranger will come along and take care of them

Dont get me wrong I believe in life on other planets - intelligent life, but even if they had the means to travel here would they bother to do so just to help out a race that cant stop the fighting and hate and corruption amongst there own kind?

I do not think its time to give up on ...us, I dont think its time to 'die out' but it is time to make some positive changes and stop being divided up in to country's and within them small groups within smaller groups, all with their own agendas, own leaders and own problems. We are a race we should support each other and make the world worth living in together, yes ok perfect harmony is BS idea that will never happen ... but there must be a way the human race can co-exist with itself.

If aliens do take notice of out little blue planet I hope they do not see the mass divides and hatred for each other and realise that we are ripe for the picking and would be easily conquerable coz the way we are now, we would just fall.

Live Together, Die Alone as the saying goes!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The biggest problem the earth faces is over population. Every other problem is from that.. Wars are fought over resources like water, oil, & land just to name a few, and those are in short supply because of the population explosion in the past few hundred years. When you have 6 or 7 Billion people living on this planet and there's only so much fresh water to drink. oil in the ground and fish in its seas you can see why sheer numbers of people is what's tapping these resources dry.. I honestly don't think we'll make it 200 years at this pace..
So to get back to your point, It would depend on ET's "help" if they were peaceful and thousands of years ahead of us in science and technology it could change the world for the better unbelievably. I'm hoping it actually happens.. Even "they" must know we need the help Now.. and when I say "we" i mean Earth's inhabititants.

Good Topic.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I did say that once we have the technology to do so.
Soon as man has lived on the moon for say 50yrs or so then i would think it possible to live on other planets anywhere.
Obviously We would need habitats and a water supply. One of the reasons why Nasa is looking for water is for manned mission. I think we can find some water in our solar system without a doubt. If not then Nasa could send it in tanks through space to were needed i guess. Living in our solar system on other planets is a huge possiblity we just need to spend the money on that and not on wars.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Enril

Other countries in this world are saved by outsiders. Why should it be any different?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by Enril

Other countries in this world are saved by outsiders. Why should it be any different?

and yet there are few countries that support another for no profit or gain just the fact that they are lending a helping hand ..

Oh and if the solution is to spread virus like over other planets and moons then surely 'aliens' are gonna want to put a stop to that? We've already ruined one planet why should we be allowed to do that to others?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Enril]

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Enril]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Im not saying aliens are traveling here on a rescue mission or anything. If E.T happend to bump into us and see us for our potential our creativity and logic. i think our differences towards each other would change in an instance.

Even if they didnt give us the technology to help ourselves they would at least change the way we think and that would help a great deal knowing we could be visiting them back some time in the future.

Would knowing without a doubt that aliens exist as intelligent beings make a difference?

I think our differences towards each other would change in an instance just knowing they exist for real.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Enril

What makes you think that aliens have just stuck to one planet.

If they exist somewhere in the universe, are super advanced then they would of had to find resources themselves to get that far right?
So they would of had colonate other worlds no doubt about it.

They would then know what happens to an intelligent species at some point in its future. maybe they dont want this to happen to another race and would without a doubt give it the knowledge to not let it happen.

If they live in the same space as we do then they must have evolved as a species in a simiular way to what we are now and gone through wars to find new resources .

The only way to solve over population is to start looking to other local planets just like they may have done.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I think our politicians would rather we die than hand over the reins of power

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
e.t 's are real. in all shapes and sizes.
good ones ,beautiful ones,not so good ones,
bad ones and downright scary ones.
most of the earths problems,comes
from ignoring the good ones.
over population will poison the food chain ,
or whats left of it.pollution will be at crises point
sooner rather than later.even if mankind stops polluting
now,the accumulated crap in the oceans will
have along term affect on the health of all of us,
and those who follow us...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Et Intervention is closer then many know in this world.
First thing Humanity needs to realize it that Earth is not alone when it comes to Intelligent life on other Planets .

The second thing is that people need to get out of the mind that Et or Spiritual Men and Women cannot or would not want to help the People of Planet Earth.

That thinking prevails in many places .

Believe it or not This Planet is entering a window that is open where intervention will not happen in the way most think .

That Ets will save Mankind from himself.

If you believe that a great Ascension is coming to Earth in the very near future .

Then all will experience a Spiritual Awakening that will allow Humanity to enter into a new place and space where we will meet on level ground what I will call the Space Brothers or Spiritual Beings from other Planetary Worlds.

From my perspective will see this happen in the next few years not the next 2000 years.

Great question .

Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by heineken

Iv have not seen District 9 as of yet.

Did the Aliens in D9 come here by accident or did they have the intention on saving the earth/humanity in the first place?

in district 9, they came here by mistake...they lost a part of the spaceship and couldnt go home, infact their spaceship just stood there and they even didnt try to make contact until we drilled our way through and found them very ill and brought them down to earth in district 9

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Divine intervention is already @ play you make a very valid point. The knowledge tree runs so deep in the human bloodline you will always try to RULE OVER 1 another ALWAYS until you make it back to the KINGDOM OF LIGHT.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Iv arranged a day with the wife to go see it on thursday this week. Im looking forward to it.
Thanks for the info

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cmdraleon

I also like to think that intervention will happen sooner rather than later, its almost inevitable. I see the planet earth as an oasis in the vast universe and many space fairing travellers will have to pass at some point as a refuelling point. just like nomads travel the vast deserts with their caravans stopping at watering holes along the way.

Life is just a fractal within a fractal.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hi! We need to take responsibility for ourselves and our own actions.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Responsibility. If we make mistakes, we need to come up with ways to fix it. We have smart, talented people right here. If we work together we can solve our own problems. Bailing people out doesn't teach them responsibility or self-esteme. In the USA we are very
wasteful and polutive compared to other European countries. The wal-mart
etc. plastic shopping bags have got to stop. It's so easy to cary a recylabe
shopping bag tote(s) into the store. Keep them on the front seat to remind yourself when you go to the grocery store, donate used clothing, donate
your time to charities or volunteer work. Car pool. Pick up curb side trash. Don't throw away good stuff, donate it. Sell scrap metals for recycling money, don't put it in a landfill. I have stood at the dump
collection site in my county and watched people throw away good things.
I was horrified.... That's a charity tax deduction people have thrown away,
someone in need could have really used the items. Plant a garden, it adds oxygen and produces food and gives you exercise. There are tons of good ideas out there. Let's brain storm.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well when the ETs have landed know that the Return of Christ is in the coming years after that. It's not Maitreya or the "Master Jesus" either. When the ETs are here and Maitreya has his "Day of Declaration" ETA: NOW-12-21-2012 latest possible date know that we are living in end of the age as Bible Prophecy has described it.

Good day.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cmdraleon

You're trying to prepare the way to 2012 with lies. Are you from the Ashtar Command aka the fallen ones? Or are you a lackey? Maitreya will have his end.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hmmmm...

How many of you, who favor an alien intervention to "save us" profess a disbelief in God?

If so, why the pleas for help from an omnipotent alien race? Same thing, differing guise...

Stuff and nonsense. Man will, and should, live or die by his own hand. We have the means to do both at hand. One hand, the ability to render the Earth a veritable garden of Eden, or on the other hand; the ability to lay waste to it, and render it a Hell on Earth... The choice is ours to make, no recourse to Alien/God is necessary.

The sooner we come to that realization, the better off we'll be...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join