It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Showing Sean Hannity for what he is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I was watching for some odd reason the Keith Olberman show the other day. I must admit that I dont like Keith or MSNBC by that matter I usually take my news from CNN and Fox News and then jump to the internet to weed out the garbage of both channels as I see them both biased.

But one thing is been biased another one is just making stuff up in an attempt to smear and instill fear in the heart of people by spreading misinformation.

Back to Keith show, so I was flipping through the channels and he was commenting on the WORST PEOPLE, and thats when I saw this comment by Sean Hannity who I used to like somewhat. (Please go to 1:45)

That is the true definition of a smear campaign. The one that has kept this healthcare debate move on in a positive direction.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What makes you think S. Hannity was referring to that quote, rather than the theme of demonizing the insurance companies?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Common, please some intellectual honesty here, you mean to tell me you are going to defend this blatant attmept to smear the President?

Watch it again and you will see that he was refering to the part of the speech that Obama talk about the CEO of the insurance companies.

Obama said :"They dont do it because they are bad people"

Hannity reported: " He said tonight that insurance executives are baaaaaaad people"

He even put an emphasis on "baaaaaad people"!!!!

I mean common...at some point you got cut your losses with these tool that call themselves "journalist". It pays the bills for them while make their audiences live in fear and misinformed.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You think S. Hannity played the clip on his show, then commented on it, after just watching it? K. Olberman showed the clip, then found a clip of S. Hannity talking about Obama demonizing the insurance companies. How gullible does K. Olberman think people are?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Man listen to the clip, he is refering to the speech Obama just gave on healthcare!!!

Believe what you wish but the fact that matter still stands. Sean Hannity and the bag of tools at Fox News of which I will exclude Shepard Smith and Bill O'reilly, are just out there to smear, misinform and play the politics of fear.

I dont have a problem about having an honest debate about healthcare, about Obama and his policies. I dont agree with all his doing. But the thing here is that an honest exchange of ideas in this country is not going to happen until these tools stop misinforming their audiences.

And trust me of I found one from the left I put it right here too and call them out on it.

I be the first one to say also tha 90% of MSNBC is garbage left wing propaganda, but this was the only source that I could find for the video. I guess Hannity forgot to put it in his website...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Sorry, even Hannity's own forum discusses this and says Hannity played the full clip and then said what he said.

But as one of the posters there said...

The fact is that Hannity played the clip in it's full context so that people could decide for themselves. Hannity thinks Obama was calling insurance execs bad people, and I think that Obama certainly imlied that. He said they treated people badly. Do good people treat people badly?

I think that makes a good point

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

He is referring to the speech, but isn't quoting Obama. Every other time he quotes Obama, he says , And I quote..." I'm sure you aren't the only one who was fooled by K. Olberman's trickery.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As much as I don't like Hannity's harping on things like some old granny... He's spot on most things.

Has a dry, stilted sense of humor ... mostly.

Some humor is better than none.

I'd give Hannity a pass as this seems like another Olbermann "even-more-nit-pickier-than-most-of-his-spiels."

Non-issue.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I find Sean Hannity to be wildly entertaining. He's like Ko-Ko the wild circus monkey that juggles bowling pins. He is nothing more. To discuss that he has any relevance outside of that is a laugher.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

I'd give Hannity a pass as this seems like another Olbermann "even-more-nit-pickier-than-most-of-his-spiels."

Non-issue.

Really? Nit picky?

Hannity is blatantly lying to his audience, and you think this is being nit-picky? As a member of his audience, are you not offended? How many other times has he lied to you? Do you even care, Or do you just lap it up like a good boy?

Olbermann is a joker, but Hannity is a joke. Neither one is my cup of tea, as they're both too one-sided for their own good. However, it is refreshing to see someone as despicable as Hannity being exposed for what he is, even if it did have to come from a left-wing kissass like Olbermann.

Remember the days when newscasters were actually held responsible for what they said on the air? Neither do I...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I guess I am the only one who has actually watched the real clip, without the Olberman edit.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The fact is that he is implying that Obama said that insurance executives are bad people and he DID NOT SAID THAT!. Obama was making a point when he that insurance companies without the fear of competition, like the way it is now, have the opportunity to treat people badly. And that is true in my opinion.

I dont know how you can fail to see the lie that Hannity is trying to pass. It cant even been called spin, ther is no spin in his attempt to smear Obama and lie to his audiences. It is what it is which is a blatant lie, this time he served it easy for his detractors like K.O.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Hannity said Obama called them bad people. Then he shows the clip of Obama saying what evil things the health care executives do. Obama was calling them bad people. Obama then said they aren't bad people, after pointing out all the bad things they do. The Olberman edit is the lie.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Obama said "...it makes it easier for insurance companies to treat their customers badly.' Olbermann plays the statement, but concentrates on the second half of it, which is where Obama does indeed say that insurance execs aren't bad people.

The problem for Olbermann is that by the time that Obama tried to smooth it over with the rest of his statement, the damage had already been done. Hannity is wrong on the precise wording, but I think he's correct on intent. Obama was very clearly trying to demonize the insurance industry and you can't do that without implied blame also falling on the people running that industry. Obama is trying to have it both ways.

So I have to side with Hannity on this one. He wasn't 100% correct, but he's close, certainly closer than Olbermann, who is really reaching for anything to tar his competitors here.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

FOX NEWS is good with car chases and female anchors with short skirts...i try and find the good in everybody.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
People defending Hannity and wanting to give him a pass, are the same folks who shout at others to "stop being sheep" and "Deny ignorance"...

Only on ATS can people who believe the Democrats be sheep, and those defending the GOP are just seeing things in their true light.

To be true to the cause you promote, you also have to possess the integrity to recognize ignorance and outright BS, even when it occurs on your side too.

Anything else makes you a hypocrite.

join