It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush: 'We Need Segregated Buses'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I listened to what he said on the link posted on the first page and it sounds to me he wasn't saying anything racist.

He said if white america is to blame for the civil upheavel then give us our own bus with bars on them.

Sounds as if he, along with many here on ATS, is fed up with the race card being played and was venting.

The race card is being played a lot and if it is not burned then I think we are only seeing the tip of the ice berg. People use race as if it is an arguement stopper not caring about the repurcussions.

As soon as Obama was elected anytime someone here disagreed with what was done the race card was immediately played. Now we are seeing the monster grow and we are seeing it being played by politicians, commentators and the public.

We better check the overwhelming unfounded calls of racism or things will get very nasty, very quick.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John the Revelator

That’s horrible. I got to say, when I was in junior high school I used to ride the city bus home to a middle class neighborhood, but the bus had to pass through a poor, predominately black and Hispanic neighborhood.

Black and Hispanic kids, on more than one occasion, tried to jump me for no reason other than I was white. If the shoe were on the other foot, Al Sharpton would have had a march. Its a double standard. My ancestors were peasants in eastern Europe when black people were slave in the US.

People need to get over all of this black vs. white non-sense. The most talented and qualified person should get to go to school he or she wants and get the job they deserve. It shouldn't matter what color your skin is, if you beat someone up, you should be punished, and if you did it because that person was different, you should be punished more.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by thing fish

How is it hate to want white kids to be able to ride the bus without being attacked by a gang of thugs?

I road on a bus full of white kids and there were thugs on that bus too...

John Stewart said it best...

"When I was in school I was beat up A LOT by black kids... and white kids... and asian kids.... and Jerry's kids... OK! I was weak!"

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
[

Well the truth is no one should ever listen to Rush. Regardless of party lines, there is some idiocy that should not be fed into.

Standard govt shill rhetoric. "I'm opposed to censorship unless there's a good reason for it."

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This wasnt racially motivated...the same way Wilson coments were not racially motivated. Stupid, idiotic and moronic people are going to act with stupidity, idiocity and moronic, plain and simple. And that includes Rush too.

This happen between blacks and blacks, latinos vs latinos, white vs whites everyday in this country. Bullies are everywhere not only in school but in all walks of life. These two punks should be thrown in jail, the rest that where cheering and laughing expulse and the bus driver fired.

Thats how you set examples and prevent acts like these from happening again.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
the only thing that rush limbaugh spews out
is hatred, and ignorance.
a lethal combination. he preaches so much crap to his listeners
and the scariest part is, that people buy into it.
America truly is the dumbest country sometimes.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Dear God, Rush is not so much idiotic as he is retarded, and this is the crap people listen to ??? How evolved are we really ? People ask for disclosure, and the truth about this and that, .... and im beginning to see the governments side of things, ..... People are too stupid to handle the truth. If disclosure were to happen people would start mass suicides, rioting, and killing spree's.

So the fact that Rush is so freaking ignorant and stupid doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he's so popular.

Seems as though middle america is evolving backwards.

Exactly, so well said.

"So the fact that Rush is so freaking ignorant and stupid doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he's so popular."

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I don't understand how anyone can look at this and not agree that it was possibly racially motivated.

As the white boy tries to sit next to a black boy he tries to prevent him from sitting down with his leg, I can't be 100% certain but I'm pretty sure i heard someone say "You cant sit there" and "Back of the bus". Watch the video again and see for yourself.

A mob forms around the beating, count the number of white kids standing or cheering, for me please.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by inthisriver12]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Alright hunka hunka star for making me laugh.

The only thing I dislike about this video is that numerous kids were kicking his ass. Guess what, this was not a fight, it was an attack. He did not fight back.

Divide and Conquer. What happens when Obama gets kicked out of office-RACE WAR!

We have to stop this now.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Did a little research and came across this:
maaadddog.wordpress.com...

If that article is right, that quote is nothing more than a propagated lie which found it's start on Wikipedia.
Just curios if there are any sound bytes of the above quote?

I'm not saying he didn't say it, but I wouldn't trust everything you read online unless there's a source.

It seems to me if he did say that, it would be all over the news.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by TruthParadox]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
this fight on the bus had nothing to do with race,fat boy rush made it a race issue,and for him and people that think like him would have a rude awakening if they tried to pull something like his suggestion. This isnt the 40's-50's or 60's.

i face racist crap on a daily,and it's sad to see people so close minded and ignorant in the year 09'

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by DraconianKing

Well, in DC, children not having fathers, alcohol and drug abuse and gangs are why black children don't go on to college- not slavery. I take it DC is different than the rest of the country?

....still missing the point... from jump blacks were put in a position to fail and of not fail, VERY hard to make it even to be "mid class" its hard. that was the design from the begining when they were snatched from their home country and forced to be someplace they had no say in.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

the police said it wasn't racially motivated....maybe it wasn't??
so well, maybe it more like NO kid should have to get on a bus and get beaten by a mob!!

I mean, I think I've seen enough videos of the kids beating one another to know that most of them don't involve race. I am more apt to believe this one wasn't either than I am to believe we need segregated busing to protect the white kids!! We need to protect ALL the kids!

[edit on 17-9-2009 by dawnstar]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Rush was once again, demonstrating absurdity by being absurd. He wasn't actually calling for segregation. I'm constantly amazed at people who claim to be intellectual giants, who don't know sarcasm when they see it. These idiots in the MSM are constantly accusing Rush of racism, when anyone who listeners knows exactly what he was saying.

So many of you just sit back and wait for these left wing sources to tell you why Rush is so bad. None of you actually listen for yourselves, which is why you're all so easily manipulated. Rush wasn't saying what you all seem to think he was.

Look, he knows that hes being listened to! He does this sort of thing, because he KNOWS certain people in the media will misconstrue it and end up making fools of themselves. Just like the "phony soldier" incident.

reply to post by dawnstar

the police said it wasn't racially motivated....maybe it wasn't??
so well, maybe it more like NO kid should have to get on a bus and get beaten by a mob!!

Yeah, but they said the Akron beating wasn't racially motivated, even though the kids chanted "This is a black world", as they beat the family up. There is obviously apprehension to call black on white crimes, hate crimes.

The fact is Rush was pointing out the hypocrisy of rhetoric by the left, by making up his own ridiculous rhetoric. Thats what Rush does! If you people realized that, you would see the good points hes making.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Listen to the audio clip. Rush is merely illustrating a hypothetical scenario based on the overwhelming use of the race card since Obama was elected.

What happened on that bus was pretty clear. Was it race motivated? Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, based on what the average citizen is exposed to in the daily network news and daily newspapers. Everyone that opposes Obama's policies is a racist. Hell, Jimmy Carter said it himself in a national interview. (I still don't know why in the hell he was even interviewed to begin with). They are all fueling a fire that was almost extinguished. MLK is probably rolling over in his once restful grave.

This nation is now moving backward faster than it has ever moved forward on this issue. Now on is trying to stop it. They are merely trying to capitalize on it in order drive a massive wedge into the nation. Our leaders are dividing us by race and level of wealth. The real battle is yet to come.

If these kids see the message enough they will continue to act on it. Just like the "mob beating" of the man in Akron Ohio. His assailants said "this is a black world now". Kanye West and his buddies clearly believes this.

BTW. The victim on this bus should have picked up his backpack and laid his assailant out with it. The poor kid just sat there and took a beating. He should have put the 5 minute fury on the little punk who started beating on him. A swift punch to the throat would have calmed things down. Until of course the rest of the kids piled on him.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 17-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
All of this race crap is getting old and tiring!

Kids fight, white kids, black kids, hispanic kids, they are teens who are feeling the rush of testosterone for heavens sake. It could have been about color true, but it could have been about anything...young boys fight!

We as a nation are getting fixated on this and it is just ridiculous! With so many things going on in the nation the media should find other things to educate the public about. One day it is Jimmy Carter screaming racism, then Beck, then Rush, then this one and that one! People are people, some are bigots, some are not. This is just getting old and by all this emphasis the problem is going to snowball.

rant over

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

The funny thing about that is that I have 2 African American friends and they are white, both came from South Africa, so they are the only true African Americans that I know of. The proper term which now is and would be considered racist is negro or negroid.

I found it funny when some news reporter described a black Englishman as African American, wtf, he was born in the UK not the US!

I am referred to as white, yet my skin is slightly tanish pink, the more time I spend in the sunlight, the darker I get...go figure.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debsturrs
the only thing that rush limbaugh spews out
is hatred, and ignorance.

I've listened to him for years (started out hating him like you) and over time have come to realize the MSM caricature of him is completely false. The guy is not hateful at all. You think that thanks to a concerted effort to smear his words at every turn. If you listen instead of being reactionary, you might even learn something.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

these people usually go over the edge for ratings, then they are fired. the edge has been moved back further, because obama, the first black president is in office. so the racists get more leeway because of the ratings. it'll happen eventually, they can't help themselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I read the title of this thread and it was so sad!

What are we to do? Seperate the Bluebird busses from the International Busses? The Trailways Busses from the Gray Hound Busses? Where will it end after that? Segregating the Cummings Diesel Engines from the Catipillar Diesel Engines.

Why can't busses get along? And why can't we just let the busses be to work out their own diferences?

Why must I be my fellow bus's keeper?

Oh the inbussity of it all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join