It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush: 'We Need Segregated Buses'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
www.thesalliemaefund.org...

An African American only college funding site from Sallie Mae

eduinconline.com...

The EDU, Inc. Application allows you to apply to 34 black colleges at once and pay a one time fee of only $35.

www.blackstudents.blacknews.com...

This Week's Top Black Scholarships:

It makes me furious to see crap like this. Where are the whites only scholarships? Where are the whites only colleges? How do they get by with getting scholarships just because they are black? If their was a scholarship for someone just because they are white the world would explode from the screams of racism.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Why are BLACK Americans always referred to as African-Americans?
They are Americans and have little to do with Africa.
Nobody refers to me as a European-American.
If you were born here or have adopted this country as your country than I believe you should just be an AMERICAN, regardless of where your ancestors came from.
Or is this a politically correct method of identifying a person as being black? If that's the case, it sucks.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
www.thesalliemaefund.org...

An African American only college funding site from Sallie Mae

eduinconline.com...

The EDU, Inc. Application allows you to apply to 34 black colleges at once and pay a one time fee of only $35.

www.blackstudents.blacknews.com...

This Week's Top Black Scholarships:

It makes me furious to see crap like this. Where are the whites only scholarships? Where are the whites only colleges? How do they get by with getting scholarships just because they are black? If their was a scholarship for someone just because they are white the world would explode from the screams of racism.

Black people get special privileges because of what your ancestors did to them and because even today it is a struggle for them to make it in life. What qualifies you for special treatment? You want an all white University? Just go to any major University and play spot the minority. All these scholarships and what not are a means to leveling the playing field.

Black people started with nothing and even after slavery white people have made it so that there are only a few places they could afford to live. This means that today many can't afford to send their kids to college because their parents couldn't afford to send them. So in order to break this cycle we need to provide a good education so that when these now well educated blacks have children of their own they will be more able to send them to college.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by DraconianKing]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I guess I see Rush's diatribe on this issue a little different. It appeared to me that he was using this incident to bring up the MSM's recent rash of "race card" playing.

What I got from that is....

If you think Rush is an idiot for saying what he said about this incident then you should also think the Obama cheer leading media teams are a bunch of idiots as well.

Now, I think most of his listeners may miss his point unfortunately.

I don't think Rush is an idiot, he is self centered and self absorbed that is for sure but he does what he does very well; lining his pockets.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie

Or is this a politically correct method of identifying a person as being black? If that's the case, it sucks.

Mmm perhaps, but it doesn't suck as much as calling someone black who isn't ...

Unless you're either colorblind or only see in black and white.

Btw, a word in your ear, African American doesn't refer to someone's color, it refers to their heritage ... much like Italian-American, Greek-American, etc.

Nice rant though.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Well, in DC, children not having fathers, alcohol and drug abuse and gangs are why black children don't go on to college- not slavery. I take it DC is different than the rest of the country?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Well, in DC, children not having fathers, alcohol and drug abuse and gangs are why black children don't go on to college- not slavery.

Not a fan of history, sociology, or causality?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I actually believe in personal responsibility, rather than looking for one to blame for one's own failures. Slavery has nothing do do with 15 year old's getting pregnant and ending up crack addicts and prostitutes with 5 kids by 5 guys by the age of 20. It is just an excuse.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It is hilarious watching all the clucking going on here over simple hyperbole.

Way to go ATS!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I actually believe in personal responsibility, rather than looking for one to blame for one's own failures. Slavery has nothing do do with 15 year old's getting pregnant and ending up crack addicts and prostitutes with 5 kids by 5 guys by the age of 20. It is just an excuse.

I assume then you have never taken a stroll through a crystal-meth infested trailer park.

I am hoping that you are confusing race with class structure, education, and socio-economic context inadvertently.

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
It is hilarious watching all the clucking going on here over simple hyperbole.

Way to go ATS!

You know the funny thing is, if I told you what I really think of your disingenuous statement and called it hyperbole, I would get banned.

Crazy right? Some folks just don't have a sense of humor, or at least, your sense of humor.

[edit on 16 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I was referring to DC. The issue is about slavery and blacks not going to college, not white trash.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Rush never ceases to surprise me, and what I mean is that it is never a surprise that he thinks the way he does. What an ignoramous.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I was referring to DC. The issue is about slavery and blacks not going to college, not white trash.

You might want to make up your mind what the issue is about then because:

Well, in DC, children not having fathers, alcohol and drug abuse and gangs are why black children don't go on to college- not slavery.

Slavery has nothing do do with 15 year old's getting pregnant and ending up crack addicts and prostitutes

So is the issue about slavery or not? If it is, then you must acknowledge that the current situation a lot of blacks are in is a direct result of slavery, which includes your 15 year old crack addicts, whether you like to admit it or not.

If you say slavery has nothing to do with it, then you're just taking an opportunity to spew your prejudicial view towards blacks, much like that moron Rush.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Cry me a river.

I got into it with you a few months ago over Beck saying something totally off the wall, and you libs took what he said WAY too seriously.

Here is a little hint for you . . .

Talk show hosts are not always serious

I listen to Beck regularly.

I used to listen to Limbaugh regularly, until I started having some issues with him.

I know how they both operate. Levin has that same sort of humor as well, from the little I have heard him (he grates on me real bad).

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Oh, I forgot a comma after slavery. Put one in and re-read the sentence.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I am so sick of hearing this we are disadvantaged BS that we need special rules to level the playing field.

My parents immigrated to this country in 1972. Between my mother, father and sister, they had ONE suitcase with all their worldly possessions. They barely spoke English. They moved into housing projects in New York which were predominately filled with black residents.

My father went to dental school while my mother worked in a textile factory.

Dad graduated the same year I was born, 1976.

Family history since:

Parents have run a successful dental practice for over 30 years, my sister and her husband run a food distribution business. I went to college and law school and now run my own law practice. My nephew just graduated from Penn State University, my niece is in the CUNY system.

This all came from the drive of two people who barely spoke English, who had no family here in the US, and had NO MONEY.

The opening line in the movie the Departed is pure truth:

I don’t want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me. Years ago we had the church that was only a way to say we had each other. The Knight of Columbus were real head breakers, true guines. They took over their piece of the city. 20 years after an Irish man couldn't get a f------- job, we had the presidency, may he rest in piece. That’s what the n----- don’t realize. If I got one thing against the black chappies, it’s this no one gives it to you, you have to take it.

Warning: Foul language in the clip below.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here is the video of the bus incident from Belleville....all I can say is if this ever happens to my little boy you will be able to come visit me in prison. Promise...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-9-2009 by John the Revelator]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Segregation sound good to me. This muliculturalism talk is just propaganda from the globalists. They want us think race, religion, and culture don't matter. We're all the same so lets have a one-world govt. With them in charge, of course.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What I find most appalling is that people actually listen to this idiot, and will even DEFEND his divisive and sophomoric rhetoric.
3rd line cut due to excessive potty mouth.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

If you don't understand that, then you have never listened to Rush.

Well the truth is no one should ever listen to Rush. Regardless of party lines, there is some idiocy that should not be fed into. The fact that some people can't see that is rather sad really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join