It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Euro Milk Dump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Belgian farmers sprayed 790,000 gallons of fresh milk onto their fields Wednesday, furious over the low milk prices they say are bankrupting farmers.

"It is a scandal to dump this, but we have to realize what the situation is," said Belgian farm leader Erwin Schoepges. "We need a farm revolt."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is good. Less industrial pasteurized zombie milk for Europe's children.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
America nees a farm revolt as well. We need to start embracing small family farms the same way we embrace small business start ups.

Maybe we should start paying farmers what they are worth and start paying a fair price for food. I love how people complain about how expensive food is. There is more labor that goes into farming and food than just about any other industry. If there more local farms prices would come down. But people don't support local farmers because they are obsessed with price. It's a vicious circle. You get cheaper prices EVENTUALLY by supporting small scale farming NOW! I say BULLDOZE all this wasted commercial real estate in cities and suburbs ans BUILD FARMS AND GARDENS. A cow here, a cow there, a few chickens there a few chickens here, some vegetable gardens here and vegetable gardens there.

It would improve the environment.....get rid of all that concrete, it would provide much needed jobs.......it would lower the cost of locally produced food and food products. Let's teach inner city black youth how to make cheese and milk a cow or plow a vegetable garden in the old run down abandon lot next to their house? WHY NOT I SAY??????????????

I envision a society where this is no such thing as rural vs. city or suburban. There are gardens and farms all over NYC just as there are all over middle Iowa.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What a waste. They should have instead given it away to people that needed it for free. Either way you shorten supply to the market and not lower demand.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Man, I don't know what prices are like over in Europe, but here in Canada I'm paying almost $7 before tax for a Gallon of 2% milk. That's more expensive than Gasoline for my car by almost double...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

The milk I buy is organic, no hormones of any kind, from cows that live in this region.. I pay more for it, but ever since I learned about hormones and all that junk I refuse to buy non organic or milk I know comes from large corps. Trying to convert to 100% organic, but its honestly a hard transition, and expensive I might add.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Isn't that going to really stink after a couple days?

The price of milk in Euroland is regulated , correct?

I pay almost $9/gal. for 2% organic.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I say BULLDOZE all this wasted commercial real estate in cities and suburbs ans BUILD FARMS AND GARDENS. A cow here, a cow there, a few chickens there a few chickens here, some vegetable gardens here and vegetable gardens there.

While I understand and agree with your premise, I disagree with your solution. We should embrace and support vertical farming. Use the empty buildings indoors and on the rooftops to grow crops. Use fiber optics to pipe in natural lighting during the day and augment the lighting at night as needed. Rather than destroy everything we've built and fill up land fills (albeit most of the debris would be recycled), keep everything in place and use it for food growth. The average skyscraper can have 1-15 acres of usable floor space.

[edit on 9-16-2009 by rogerstigers]

new topics

top topics

join