It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making the case for NON-Disclosure...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Has2b

You know what, I posted something in a breaking news thread yesterday about this. After Bush41, the gov't doesn't have the info nor can any sitting president be brought into the loop. Rightfully so, especally as partisan as this country is becoming. Cheney was the last insider to know the truth. And I'm sure he'd tell you while you guys hunted for deer...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Sorry I didn't post to this earlier IB ( if I may call you that), yes you are very correct. Where does it stop? They have given you a bone but do you now want the whole cow? Religion, everyday daily lives could potentially be upended. I will use the HARDCORE Believers as an example. Would they quit thier jobs? Would they be so enamored and vindicated that they wouldn't do anything until they are face to face with the beings from this homeworld? I know most believers are not like that and I am not making that deduction. Just like any topic there are crazies however. I keep imagining the movie Contact where they are driving through the desert to reach the facility and all manner of nutters are there.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sometimes it's good to examine the assumptions that underlie a discussion like this. Everyone, broadly, is looking at a vague conglomerate of the various narratives that inform UFO discourse. Now we don't know which, if any, of these narratives are true, and some of them appear to contradict each other. So in a discussion like this, we take a core set of details: Roswell, back-engineered craft, etc.

And one of the major assumptions as far as I read was that it would somehow be "full" disclosure, except for the bits to do with technology that we want kept secret.

Sometimes, when caught in a lie, governments revert to a fallback position, and it could be the case that, for example, the USG "disclosed" that UFOs were real, that they posed a threat from some quarters, and that we had contact with the "good guys".

There's also the distinct possibility, supported by the testimony of several whistleblowers, that most of what we see as alien interference is government-conducted: the greys we see were manufactured by us.

One thing I can guarantee is that, in the unlikely event that disclosure happens, there will always be some people saying, "You think they told us everything?"

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Power, or the loss of that power rather, is only one of the two main reasons for the covert manner of operations with UEs(Unknown Entities) and the disclosure of them, their technology, and philosophical doctrines in my opinion. If indeed it is true the government has been hiding this all from the population for at least over 60 years then I think they would realize that there is no way to keep this secret forever, I also highly doubt what ever species they are in contact with (again, if they are in contact at all) would want or allow the truth of a interstellar community to be hidden for too long. So I really do not think it is totally in our hands.

I personally think that there was a first contact made in the modern era, around 1954, possibly earlier. I also think that it is logical that any type of first contact would be contained within a small group of individuals(similar to what the aliens said in the movie Contact, about that being only "Phase One") from a planet that is being exposed to the cosmic community for the first time. Good choices would be heads of government and scientist, which is who were reportedly there during the rumored first contact event. It also makes sense that the integration of an "cosmic community" would happen in stages, with progressively more and more information being released over a period of years until finally through this "slow drip" preparing the masses of a "non-exposed" planet until finally a mass contact is made.

I also do not think the USA is the only country to communicate with these beings. It is my opinion that every major country on Earth have had and still are in contact with these beings in some way or another(that includes China and Russia). So appropriately, I do not think the OPs theory of a world crisis over the US hoarding technologies is correct, although it was laid out very good and could be possible, I just do not think that is the case at this point.

Back to the loss of power, that goes for military, religion, or anything that has massive influence over what the masses do or think. That also can be applied to a less malevolent scope as well. The loss power is driven by fear, now that fear may not be based upon evil intents, rather the fear of the unknown, of drastically shifting our paradigm to a way never before seen. The fear of "would this result in the collapse of our society and species in the end?". Well likely so in the past, and still possibly today, although I feel we are coming closer to a point were we are ready to take the next step in our species evolution.

So in conclusion, I believe that the reason for no disclosure yet is two fold. The first and primary reason likely being that 'this is just how it is done' for obvious reasons. It could be VERY disastrous if an alien civilization just 'dropped everything on a unexposed civilization at once', there are just too many things that could go wrong, potentially ending in the extinction of a species.

Secondly, I believe that there are indeed factions within the government that do want to wait of a lot longer than is needed and may be taking steps to delay or prevent a disclosure, for both their own personal reasons and skewed outlook on 'what is the good of all'. Basically the power of society is similar an addictive drug, once you are immersed in a certain way of life for so long you become terrified to change it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think the only reason our entire country hasn't been reposessed by the rest of the world that we owe money to is because we used all that money they lent us to develop weapons beyond what they can compete with... so now, the debt is staved off at 'gunpoint'

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Greetings,Smoke Jaguar!
(I have a stele replica of a Mayan Ruler from guatamala named "Smoke Skull")
If I can figure out how to post a pict,I'll post it here. 29"x30")
The HM factor is one Jorge'(I'll get his last name ) in Brazil has been covering for twenty-five years or more. Linda Moulton Howe is the cattle Mute expert with lots of cases under her belt.In `89 I met Jorge' and saw his pictures of the victim of a mutilation the police called unknown cause for death.The man's body was worked on just as the cows were.
There was cauterization around the wounds that were surgical in skill,unlike the cut and burn torture/murder photos I've seen from Nicaragua in 1979.
Some ETs are no doubt exploitive of life here.Which re-confirms my belief that this planet and ALL it's life are property of someone unseen.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MAJIC 12

Thank you for responding though I think our conversation is in danger of taking us off-topic and I apologise to the Op, this was not my intent at all.

I will send you a u2u

top topics

<< 1   >>

join