It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wake The Dead!" Have I Disturbed a Spirit?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hi, Doc......any up dates on your ski spirit?? Did you try anything else?

(Bumping this thread out of curiosity and ALSO to remove that VILE name
( ____ meter) that was showing as the last poster to this thread! )

I have a feeling that particular low life was getting some satisfaction from seeing his name still on the 'Paranormal Studies' page.... He was banned of course, but his name lingered on my sub list, poking me in the eye every time I opened 'my ATS' .......
Much better now.....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Hi...

Yes, I would love an update too!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't get back sooner with an update — lot of holiday season housework, decorating, entertaining.

As has been suggested several times, I retrieved the skis and ski poles from the basement after my family's visit, I cleaned them up — even gave them a thorough waxing — and returned them to their original storage space beneath the main stairs. I was vocal while replacing the skis, assuring whomever that I was very sorry for disturbing their property and promising never to make that mistake again.

I thought, perhaps, the missing hinge pin to our basement door would be returned; but, no, the hinge pin has never been recovered. This, to me, was the the most astonishing part of the original manifestation. I mean, there is no way that pin could have been removed except by conscious effort — and it has never turned up anywhere on the hallway floor, on the basement staircase, or on the basement floor. To all appearances, the hinge pin evaporated into thin air.

Also, during my family's visit, one of my very expensive tactical flashlights — a $120 model that I keep on a shelf in my upstairs office — also vanished. Is still missing.

This takes the manifestations to a different level. Because, you see, nobody messes with my tactical flashlights except me. My wife will go down to the hardware store and buy a new utility flashlight before she would even think of touching my tactical flashlights. And my visiting family members (who are between 58 and 79 years old) never even knew I kept flashlights stored in my office.

High up on a shelf, in a secure part of my office, I keep these flashlights standing on their bezels, in a neat row, from largest to smallest, right? The missing flashlight originally stood dead in the middle of the group. I am very fastidious about my flashlights and other such technology, and I've never lost a flashlight — I always return them to their proper place on the shelf.

Yet, when I went for a flashlight a few days after the first manifestation, I was quite annoyed to see this one flashlight prominently absent from the collection.

Frankly, I was pissed, and the first thing I thought was tit-for-tat. I'm guessing that my ghostly guests are getting a little payback for my disturbing their skis and ski poles.

As yet, the expensive flashlight has not turned up anywhere, and I'm still voicing my displeasure where I'm sure the spirits can hear me. I'll let you know what happens next.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/12/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hi Doc Velocity! I stumbled on this thread today and really enjoyed reading it. It does sound like the entity hit you where it hurts...your flashlights. Very interesting. It knows you well. Spooky.

It's somewhere in the house. Have you checked the closet where the skis are? Hm. Sounds like that house has lots of nooks and crannies, and it could be anywhere. You'll find it when it wants you to. It will eventually turn up.

But I would love to hear more (I could get a cup of hot chocolate and read threads like this all night). Please update with any other news, okay?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It would be of great interest to the scientific community if you could get some actual, real scientists in to try to observe what you claim. If you can do that, you will be in a position to do something about this. Until you do that, you are not operating with all (or, indeed, any) substantiated information.

To get rid of a wakened spirit, first someone has to prove spirits exist, which no one has done up to now.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'd advise squashing that "miffed" feeling and asking politely for your flashlight back... yeah it doesn't seem fair since you returned THEIR stuff better than it was but any negativity (no matter how justified) will almost certainly make matters worse!!
Good luck and let us know whatever happens please!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'd threaten to break the ski's in half if you don't get the pin and flashlight back.
They passed on its not like they need the stuff
put your foot down!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
It would be of great interest to the scientific community if you could get some actual, real scientists in to try to observe what you claim. If you can do that, you will be in a position to do something about this. Until you do that, you are not operating with all (or, indeed, any) substantiated information.

To get rid of a wakened spirit, first someone has to prove spirits exist, which no one has done up to now.

.....and you would have to prove that spirits DON'T exist, which no one has done up to now.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

....Could be that your 'spirit' might not want the skis 'back'......there might be a connection between the two that's a bit more complicated than ownership....the spirit might even 'hate' whatever the skis represent. ( Ever find any info on prev owners?)

Or it might just like your fancy flashlight and be considering the exchange a done deal. Try offering some other item of value/interest....put it where the missing flashlight stood.

...Or maybe the spirit is trying to tell you to look for something that's hidden in the dark........something you could 'shine a light on'.....?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
this might sound weird..but talk to the ghost. your gonna feel stupid doing it but it works. Just say, your freaking me out can you please leave.

once i have posted enough here on ATS i will start my own thread about this matter..and my experiences with ghosts. We have had many strange happenings here. so stay tuned

i hope all works out
living with ghosts isnt that bad lol

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sell the skis on Ebay and the ghost will go with them and whoever buys them will also be buying the ghost. And mention in the ad that the skis are haunted and I gaurantee that they'll sell for more than there worth. People love that kind of stuff. And try cleaning your house more than once every five years for you might just have other stuff that is haunted as well. Or you can just Try burning them and daring the entity to do something about it. Finally you can have a little fun by putting the skis under your mothers bed and wait for the laughs.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

No, the burden of proof is on the person making the claims. Negatives can't be proven, only positives can. If you say these things exist, prove it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I respectfully disagree.

Opinions...everybody's got one. It's very abstract but not to those select few who have experienced....spirits. Do you belive these people? Can you trust others? If I told you I have three dogs and seventeen horses, would you believe me?

Have you ever seen an atom? Have you ever been to Bali? No?
Then how do you know for sure they exist?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I've not seen an atom, but I've seen the endless research of people in the field of atomic physics. I've not been to Bali, but I've seen countless records of people who have, satellite imagery of the place, read interviews with people from there, seen species of animals from there. And so on, and so on.

Experiencing something doesn't make it real. Anecdotal evidence isn't scientific evidence. These are ghost stories and nothing more.

You don't have to experience something for yourself to know it exists, and you don't know something exists if you experience it yourself.

The scientific method is your friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join