It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wake The Dead!" Have I Disturbed a Spirit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
First off, I'll tell you that my wife and I live in a 100-year-old Craftsman Style home in the Appalachians, have lived here for 5 years with no problems. Okay, a leaky roof now and then, but nothing major.

Recently, my mother announced that she was coming to visit us — in fact, she'll be here tomorrow — sending us into a crash-cleaning spree. So, we're airing the place out, dusting things off, getting rid of a few things to make closet space.

So, beneath the stairs I discovered an old, old set of cross-country skis and poles, which were just taking up space. I figured they belonged to a previous owner. I gathered them together and started to take them to the basement and SMASH, my soft drink — which was 20 feet away in the kitchen — came off the counter and splattered all over the floor.

I yelled at my wife, asking if she'd done it, but she answered me from upstairs. So, nobody was in the kitchen, and my drink just committed suicide, right?

That was annoying enough, but when I grabbed the knob of the basement door, the door came off of its hinges.

Truly dumbfounded, I examined the hinges and found that one of the hinge-pins was missing... See, this is not possible. We come and go through the basement door many times every day. The hinges are solid. But now one of the hinge pins was missing. I searched the floor thoroughly — no hinge pin. It just evaporated, right?

So now I'm carrying these skis and ski poles downstairs into the basement and CRASH, a heavy 12-volt battery charger that was sitting in the middle of my work table somehow falls off the table down in the basement while I'm still on the stairs.

What. The Hell. Is Going On?

If I didn't think I knew better, I'd say somebody doesn't want me jacking around with his (or her) cross-country skis.

Does any of this sound familiar to the ghost-hunter types out there? Especially the part about the suddenly missing hinge pin?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

has anything else wierd happened since you moved the skis or did you put them back where you originally found them?

and prior to the cleaning day incidents, have you or your wife had any other "strange" occurrences that would cause you to suspect a ghost?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

No, like I said, we've lived here for 5 years and haven't even thought about ghosts. Until this afternoon.

And, no, nothing else has occurred, although I left the skis in the basement.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

If I didn't think I knew better, I'd say somebody doesn't want me jacking around with his (or her) cross-country skis.

That's what it sounds like to me!
Many times, houses that usually don't have paranormal activity will become active when the owners start to remodel or move things around. Maybe someone was really attached to those skis! If it keeps it up, just say out loud that you're only moving the skis and not getting rid of them. If you plan on putting them back where you found them, even say that you'll put them back in a few days. Yeah, you'll feel nuts for feeling like you're just talking to yourself, but it might work!

One thing that would be interesting to do would be to set up a video camera, aim it at the skis and let it run for a while and see if you catch anything! That's what I would do... if for no other reason other than to see if something cool happens, lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

One thing that would be interesting to do would be to set up a video camera, aim it at the skis and let it run for a while and see if you catch anything! That's what I would do... if for no other reason other than to see if something cool happens, lol.

Totally agree and would also suggest infra red recording equipment, would it be possible to set up a live web cam so we could all watch the basement 24/7?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Get a Ouija board out and talk to the spirit.

Tell him to chill out or ou'll call those annoyng kids on A&E from Penn State.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm not poking fun here.

But seriously, this entity has gone berzerk.

You don't want to get hurt man..

How the hell do you fight back against something like that? I sure don't know.

I'd be running for the hills... House for Sale!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Leave the Ski's alone and the spirits will be content to leave you alone..

or it was pure coincidence but as you said... Door hinge's don't just disappear

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

That does work.. when we renovated the attic we found a secret door where a bunch of old paintings and photographs were and every time we touched them the doors would slam and a gush of wind would hit us in the face like a strong breath.. so we just jokinglya round said "We are just moving them we aren't getting rid of them"

so we did(me,my dad and my older brother) move them, got them dusted off and put them on the walls as they were really nice(picture of a 17th century frigate, a knight in armor and a self portrait of a woman).. seemed the spirits like that as we saw a man in a top-hat examining a painting, turn round and smile then disappear and young girl no more than 13 run through my room giggling at me and into the next house

turns out the house used to just be one big house and it was sealed off and seperated into two houses.. really cool

Nothing to be scared off i see them as extra protection against evil spirits whow ant to destroy your home or soul.

Someone seems to be attached to the OP's Ski's though.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey Doc, thanks for sharing!
That is quite the story, it definitely sounds to me as if you've got a spirit/spirits freaked out about the skis. I would do as has been already suggested and verbally assure whoever it may be that you aren't getting rid of them, or putting them back under the stairs etc.

Whatever course of action you take, keep us updated! Very interesting, S&F.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

I agree with this guy...

Get vocal, and assure the spirit that all is well with the skis.

Maybe polish them up and stuff. It's worth a shot.

Better than scissors chopping off your pee pee when you're sleeping.

Do you have any tall grass near your home? lol

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
here's a cool video of poltergeist

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
stuff like this happens in my house all the time. not the random suicides hah but the missing objects.

Randomly i'll lose things. unable to find them anywhere, then anywhere from 1 - 3 days later they will be in a spot i had checked millions of times.

for instance I couldnt find my favourite hat for 3-4 days, woke up, had a shower only to find my hat sitting neatly on the coffee table. just random stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

Leave the Ski's alone and the spirits will be content to leave you alone..

or it was pure coincidence but as you said... Door hinge's don't just disappear

I totally agree. The ski's should just be put back. While I'd bet nothing that happened couldn't be chalked up to co-incidence there is no point in taking chances.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

When you have some free time.......give those old skis some TLC, hang them in a spot where they're 'safe', or maybe even on display.....

And before you start polishing, set up a camera or recorder for EVP's, then explain what you are doing, maybe ask a few questions....

If you are curious enough, do some research on your house. ( You've seen Valhal's thread about the activity at her house?) There's undoubtedly a story that goes with those skis.

Let us know what happens....

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Surely weird activity!
However as it was told before just leave the skis where they were.
There's a proverb: Do not change what's working well!
It seems before you moved the skis, all was just fine, so better leave them as they were and keep the good "relanshionship" before things get harder.... we never know exactly which kind of entity we're dealing....

Thanks for sharing. It proves these activities can take place in our own houses.... Yeah, great story!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Did you put the skis back, and see if it stopped? Seriously though, I lived in a house with my family in upstate Indiana for 9 ye4ars, and pretty old house, and at least 4 people had died there, one hanged himself in the upstairs bedroom, and three were killed when their car smashed into a big tree out in the front yard. We have all kinds of strange and unusual things go on there. One day all the spoons went missing. We searched high and low, and we found spoons on top of the door sills, in the flower box outside, stuck in a box of crackers in the cabinet, and two in the freezer. Then the coffee cups went missing, I found one in a field out back, and the others in strange places. The stairway door would open and slam shut on it's own, winter and summer. The room where the heating stove was was always cold, and one could not force a dog to go in there. The house stayed warm, but the room was always cold. The TV and stereo would turn on by themselves, and turn up loud, sometimes in the middle of the night. I unplugged them one night, only to have them both plug themselves in and turn on, as usual. We have an Irish Setter dog that got hit by a car out front, and I buried the dog in the back yard under a bush where it liked to lay on hot days. The dog barked for three night solid, and loud too. One neighbor called and complained that the dog was keeping his children awake all night, and when I told him the dog had died, he hung up on me. After we moved out, The house caught on fire, and by the time the fire dept. got there, the fire was out, and only damaged the roof a little. The last time I was through there, that old house is still standing. Haunted? You betcha!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by autowrench]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I would apologize to them. Then put those skis back right where you found them. then bless the place. Won't hurt.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Excellent thread, very interesting thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join