It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Fix Immigration

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't think it can be fixed until...
There is only one nation "global union"

Its just another arena for black market trade, and such, much like prohabition but with people , due to place of birth.

I also think thats the end game plan, and the reason its not being addressed.

TPTB are testing teh waters of "what can they get the human species to accept..world wide" rather than lets see what they can develope.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't think the issue is one of being able to deal with the problem. The issue is that the NWO wants the problem to be there.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted a new thread with Missouri's current laws that are far advanced and better than Arizona's. Check it out!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A little perspective on Immigration, LOL!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Stared and Flagged, a very good plan friend. Too bad the pundits want an open border so the drugs can get in, and the cheap labor keeps coming.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

No. Either the illegals and their anchor babies go home or their home country joins the Union. No Amnesty without Annexation!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Bumping my thread in support of Ron Paul's view on immigration!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I have a better idea. No Amnesty without annexation. Either all the nations with illegals in the US from North America Join the Union, or the illegals and their anchor children get sent back.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

No. Either the illegals and their anchor babies go home or their home country joins the Union. No Amnesty without Annexation!

I don't know if that's such a good idea. If conditions are so bad in their home country that they're fleeing by the millions, why the hell would we want it? Instead of having 5-10 million illegals, we'd be taking on tens of millions more. No thank you.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hey there .. thanks for linking me to your thread.

I like most of your idea. I'd like to add that as far as amnesty goes ... I don't think a blanket amnesty would be good. We should adopt part of how Mexico allows immigrants ... grandfather amnesty for those with critical skills and those who will serve in some helpful capacity. Serving in the military, coast guard, peace corps, etc ... would mean a 'fast track' for citizenship. Anyone with serious drug or weapons charges would NOT get grandfathered in. This should exclude the drug gangs in California from citizenship.

Then slam shut the borders. FAST and HARD.

A country can only absord so many new people at a time.
It's just basic economics.
I know a whole bunch of Americans I'd like to trade out.
Send them to Mexico in exchange for the Mexicans who want to come here and work.

It would make America a whole lot stronger.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree.

I don't think it should be "blanket" amnesty, but I do think there should be a period of time, about 6 months, where we dedicate a lot of resources and make it very easy to become legalized.

Of course, if they are wanted for crimes, or already convicted of crimes then they won't be able to get citizenship, and if they have those "critical skills" as you mentioned, then they should get buoyed to the tops of all the lists. Also, their overall contributions to our country since there arrival should be measured. If they have continually worked and followed the laws, then they should have no problem getting legalized.

I also do not think they should immediately get citizenship. I'm only suggesting they get legal status to be here, and then get into a program to become a citizen.

I also think we need to designate English as our official language for the US, and we should demand all government documents and contracts be written in English, and anyone renewing a Visa should have increasing comprehension of the English language each time they renew a Visa.

Overall, the long-term goal is to lock down the border tightly, and also streamline and simplify the process for legal immigration. Make the carrot more enticing and make the stick more scary and the problem should go away. We shift the risk/reward graph to make it a terribly bad gamble to try and immigrate illegally. All of the other stuff is just bandaids to try and repair the existing problem as painlessly as possible, but the end goal has to be a secure border and an increased amount of legal immigration.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know a whole bunch of Americans I'd like to trade out.
Send them to Mexico in exchange for the Mexicans who want to come here and work.

As for this part, I entirely agree!

I wrote a guest blog on someone else's site Here. It is under the name "MavvyPolitico."

In it, I declare boldly that we are deporting the wrong people. We should keep the hard-working Mexicans and deport our homeless people.
It is meant somewhat in jest, but it does make a lot of logical sense.

You should go check out the whole read, but here are the first couple of paragraphs:

We are deporting the wrong people!

There is a quick and simple solution to several difficult questions facing our country, and our political wannabes have not addressed it. Our “Greatest Country in the World” is turning away willing and able work-ers at the border. The papers are loaded with help wanted ads while we spend hardworking taxpayer’s money to send out unemployment checks weekly. We give dutifully and charitably to support the home-less in our communities, but their numbers continue to grow. We pay for more and more people and equipment to patrol our borders, but in the past 200 years, we never thought to build a more permanent barrier, and now there is no funding for it.

I was shocked and embarrassed to find out that we don’t already have a border fence. I guess many of us still think a river will keep our enter-prising enemies from crossing the border. The current state is ludicrous, but I have a solution

We can help our homeless population immensely by getting them into a friendlier climate, revitalize our working class by infusing hard-working, motivated individuals willing to take the most menial jobs and perform them with vigor, and convince Mexico to pay for the border barrier. And, we can do it all while saving administrative costs and taxpayer money.

When we find an illegal immigrant working hard at a construction, factory, or farm job, we should document that individual, help them get legal, educate them about American history and let them take pride in the long heritage of immigrants that have come and built our country. Then, in their place, immediately deport one homeless person to Mexico. Sure it sounds mean, but their weather is better suited for a homeless lifestyle, and it takes far less economic resource to support one’s self in Mexico. From a windy, wintry Chicago street to an Acapulco beach can hardly be considered cruel.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I would like for all persons illegally present in the US to become citizens. We must have more of them working on farms so millions of US citizens born in the US can be remote viewers for the FBI & CIA to locate missing people, violent acts of criminal behaviors, predictions of natural disasters so we can take precautions, etc.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join