It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush reportedly called McCain 'a five-spiral crash,' said Palin 'not remotely prepared'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"According to a new book -- excerpts of which are to be published in the next issue of GQ Magazine and detailed Tuesday -- former President George W. Bush was incredulous upon learning that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was having trouble drawing a crowd and called his campaign a "five-spiral crash." He also asserted that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was "not even remotely prepared."

rawstory.com...

Bush seemed to feel considerable unease with the choice of McCain as well. I think he liked Romney best. (The rumor was that so did Karl Rove.) My guess was the president hadn’t so easily forgotten the endless slights he’d suffered, but there was little he could do. To him, McCain’s defeat would be a repudiation of the Bush administration, so McCain had to win... I was once in the Oval Office when the president was told a campaign event in Phoenix he was to attend with McCain suddenly had to be closed to the press...

men.style.com...

This is the first word I've heard from Bush in quite some time and I agree with him on this one

Mod edit: External tags and source added. External quote trimmed.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well there goes the idea that Bush was a dummy. Either that or the McCain-Palin ticket was so bad that even a dummy could see it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is not a good time to be rooting for the republican party! The more I read about what went on at the end of Bush's term the more it makes me wonder how we survived. Talk about a #$%@up, I don't think things are any better now but at least the recession is showing some "green shoots " Not really but they paint it that way for us all to sleep better at night.
It's time to be looking for a third party fiscal conservative.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Please contribute to the ongoing discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You. Thread closed.

top topics

join