It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Beneficial CEO Finn Caspersen Dies in Apparent Suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

www.bloomberg.com...

Finn M.W. Caspersen, the former chairman and chief executive officer of Beneficial Corp., was found dead from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, authorities said. He was 67.

Police, responding to a call to check on him, found Caspersen on Sept. 7 behind an office building in the Shelter Harbor community of Westerly, Rhode Island, where he owned a home, said spokesman Edward St. Clair. He died from a single gunshot wound, the medical examiner said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related ATS Thread

[edit on 16-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Another one...

What is going on here? Maybe he stashed some money somewhere, say abroad? This seems extra fishy in light of the fact that in the last 48 hours at least 4 other men have died under similar circumstances.

Caspersen sold consumer-finance company Beneficial to Household International Inc. in 1998 for more than $8 billion, His father, Olaus W. Caspersen, had joined Beneficial in 1920 and ran the company for 18 years. Finn Caspersen was paid almost $24 million in severance and other payments from the sale to Household, which became HSBC Finance Corp.

A graduate of Harvard Law School, Caspersen donated $30 million to the school in 2003 to help jump-start a capital campaign. He was also a graduate of Brown University.

An equestrian who specialized in carriage driving, Caspersen won three national championships and represented the U.S. in three world championships. He had been a board member of the U.S. Equestrian Team since 1982, was named president in 1990 and chairman in 1992.

“I don’t think you could find someone more philanthropic or caring,” said Tucker Johnson, an equestrian and a friend of Caspersen’s, according to a statement on an equestrian Web site.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Falling like flies aren't they....I think that these guys would not play ball with with someone or some group and they are being "assisted" with suicide so to speak in order to make room for people who will follow directions and play along

OR

Something is falling apart and they were all part of it, maybe knew to much about whatever was going on and wanted out.....who knows for sure but it sure is weird I think.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, either the CEOs have finally grown enough backbone to feel shame about what they've all been doing and decided to commit seppuku or there is something funny going on here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the head of Rockefeller & Co found with a "self inflicted gunshot wound to the head" as well? Is this a coincidence or a modus operandi for some operative?

It certainly seems odd to me, that we'd have a sudden rash of CEO suicides, makes me wonder what I should be looking out for.

EDIT: At least in this case, it seems no one had any idea he was going to kill himself because it says the police responded to a call to "check on him", like he'd been missing from work or something. Lends credence to the murder angle.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Yeah the President of Rockefeller and Co. had a "self inflicted gunshot wound to the head" and was also found in his car behind a building. I doubt they have grown a conscious, I'm thinking its either that they were killed for whatever reason (whistleblower) or the economy is going to take a HUGE dump.

Exactly, no one thought he was visibly depressed? Also, aren't wellness checks done at the home, there had to be at least a minor search for him if he was found in his car behind a random building (given it was in his neighborhood, but not at the home). Someone probably called on the car that hadn't moved in X number of hours.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Sense says...

Yes this does seem odd...
I wonder about the HSBC connetion there.
And HSBC is held in China...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am beginning to wonder if the men behind the mask are being eliminated. I am going to look to see if any of these guys have any CFR or other PTB connection.

Maybe the revolution has begun?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yes, he was...a self inflicted gunshot wound...

I am on muckerty now trying to see some of the possible connections...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I am beginning to wonder if the men behind the mask are being eliminated. I am going to look to see if any of these guys have any CFR or other PTB connection.

Maybe the revolution has begun?

I think these people are the lesser powers who know enough to know we're all boned, but aren't powerful enough to secure a safe haven or therefore, a future for themselves or their families.

Then they kill themselves feeling desperate.

Which, if my theory holds any water, would mean that these men and possibly women are well aware of a time and or date, and that time/date must be soon indeed if they have started already.

Which goes with what alot of threads say, which is, this month, next month and the month after, catastrophe.

So we will all see what happens, be it WWIII, global economic collapse, the fall of nations, the apocalypse, Nibiru, global warming, global cooling, climate change, regime change, etcetera, it was something bad to make them kill themselves. Something that will affect us all badly.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What is coming, that they would rather die, then experience?

Or..

Why, and Who are killing of the people involved in the greatest banking crash since the 30's.

One cant help but feel its started.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, it seems I might have proof that something "is going on behind the scenes" and they don't really want us to know what it is. This is from an article about the same story:

Caspersen's motives for apparently taking his own life are "part of an active investigation," St. Clair said. "We're not releasing any of that detail at this point. I'm not so sure we're going to publish or release that information as to what was going on behind the scenes."

source

Sheesh, they sure make it easy to formulate a conspiracy theory these days

EDIT: I searched ATS real quick and didn't find anything about this CEO suicide:

Richard Egan, the 73-year-old co-founder of tech company EMC Corp., was found dead in his Boston-area home late last week. According to various reports, Egan died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound

source

and this one for what it's worth:

French daily Le Figaro has reported that the head of Coca-Cola’s bottling and distribution company in France has committed suicide, for reasons that are, for the moment, unknown.

Source

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Shadowflux]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Caspersen's motives for apparently taking his own life are "part of an active investigation," St. Clair said. "We're not releasing any of that detail at this point. I'm not so sure we're going to publish or release that information as to what was going on behind the scenes."

source

Now that scares me...
I am thinking that this October is going to be like something out of a nightmare dream...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well it looks as if there was an investigation going on...
This news just hit the net an hour ago...

Report: Harbour Island developer Caspersen under investigation

Federal investigators were building a tax evasion case against Finn M.W. Caspersen, the developer of Harbour Island who committed suicide on Labor Day, according to a report in the New York Times.

Authorities asserted Caspersen might have owed as much as $100 million in back taxes and fines, or possibly faced prison, said the Times, quoting a source who was granted anonymity because of the delicacy of the case and the events surrounding Caspersen’s death.

tampabay.bizjournals.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Well, it seems I might have proof that something "is going on behind the scenes" and they don't really want us to know what it is. This is from an article about the same story:

source

Sheesh, they sure make it easy to formulate a conspiracy theory these days

Smoking Gun written all over that, great find and I hope you don't let that go and be forgotten in this and similar cases; something is going on, we're not supposed to know about the surprise before it happens, but the internet spoils their fun now, and it's harder for them to get away with it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've found this one too:

John Sheaffer, CEO of Sysix Technologies, a Lombard, Ill.-based solution provider, died July 8. Paramedics, called to Sheaffer's office, found him unresponsive and took him by ambulance to a local hospital. He never regained consciousness and died that afternoon, according to a former Sysix employee. After a six-week investigation, the coroner concluded Aug. 21 that Sheaffer had taken his own life.

Source

It would seem being a CEO is hazardous to your health.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes, these days...sad. Insider selling is at an all time high,
95% selling only 5% buying.

They know...but to them it is a two edged sword. Either way,
it cuts.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is just too many for it to be happenstance, period!

Having lost a family member to suicide, there are ALWAYS warnings that may be overlooked until the deed is done. I think that these guys are being killed personally, easiest way to fake a murder is to make it look like a self inflicted wound.

Could this have anything to do with those Swiss Bank accounts perhaps? Something certainly is up that is a fact, for now we can only speculate, but something is going on for certain.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Indeed, he is suspected of having money abroad...

Suicide Victim May Have Hidden Millions Abroad

What is known is that Mr. Caspersen, a longtime fixture in New Jersey political circles, had been swept up in a broad, federal crackdown on the use of offshore bank accounts by wealthy Americans. UBS, the big Swiss bank, divulged the names of nearly 300 of its American clients in February and agreed to hand over several thousand more last month.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I wish I could say I feel bad for these people but with what big business has been doing to this country I can't. The business world has become a vicious place, in the past few decades, where the bottom line is all that matters, not employees, customers or product and certainly not the economy.

Now, a few of the people who were living like kings while the rest of the country toiled day after day are being crushed beneath the same soul less beast they served just a few years ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

While it is sad to see a man end his life this way...I am sure there are untold storys of lesser know men and women.

The common man has been literally stomped on and still strapped to the yoke as the corrupt Congress, complicit with the Banking Cartel have robbed this country, looting the treasury.

Never making to the headlines people everywhere have been slaughtered by the corruption.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join