It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Storing Comments Posted to Its Web Pages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

White House Storing Comments Posted to Its Web Pages

www.foxnews.com

The White House is collecting and storing comments and videos placed on its social-networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube without notifying or asking the consent of the site users, a failure that appears to run counter to President Obama's promise of a transparent government and his pledge to protect privacy on the Internet, the Washington Times reported.

Marc Rotenberg, president of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, said the White House signaled that it would insist on open dealings with Internet users and, in fact, should feel obliged to disclose that it is colle
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is a real gem!

asking a private contractor to "crawl and archive" all such material

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/16/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It wasn't that long ago that the WH wanted to see who was "mis-informed" regarding the Health Care program. Now comes word that they are rounding up comments on these social websites but for what purposes?

Perhaps previous administrations did this and the word didn't get out but in any event, this administration was supposed to be about change. Still waiting for that to happen I guess.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is an ATS post regarding the WH asking for you to turn in those that were misinformed.

WH violating 1st Amendment

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 9/16/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I can't really say this surprises me with obama. You can see it when he talks, he's major PO'd that he's losing his glamor on the masses. Anyways, I foresee BO coming up with an Internet czar (if their's not already one).

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
These threads remind me of those a year ago and older about the former administration. It should be obvious by now that there is not much difference between the two when it comes to limiting the freedom of the U.S. population.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
These threads remind me of those a year ago and older about the former administration. It should be obvious by now that there is not much difference between the two when it comes to limiting the freedom of the U.S. population.

Great point. My question is, why, why did so many people believe that he would be different? I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Great point. My question is, why, why did so many people believe that he would be different? I don't get it.

I can't speak for everyone but I believed at least a small percentage of his campaign promises, knowing how few of those can be kept, and how many are made in bad situations of as concessions to gain some footing elsewhere during a campaign.

But King Bush was a terrible dictator who took us to two unnecessary wars, destroyed our entire economy, provided a false flag terror incident which cost innocent lives, and changed this country's progressive direction under Clinton to an oppressive direction under Cheney and Rove.

So I didn't so much BELIEVE, as I did HOPE, and Obama sure can sell some hope.

Of course both were controlled by or are currently controlled by the NWO; some power is simply to great to deny.

The truth is just as we see in Britain; they have a Royal Family, a Queen, a series of Princes, yet they are nearly powerless, only figureheads, spokepeople, at the basest, salespeople, who are the middlemen between the Power and the Masses.

Our government is a house of cards, and the real power is elsewhere.

But the reason people believed in changing this country is because they had no say when it got changed this way in the first place.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The intentions of an information gathering system such as this is extremely nefarious at best.

It seems to me that this is exactly how you would start or enhance an individual data file or ultra accurate profile on every person. Who needs a chip, or microphone or camera when the info is given freely and for the most part ignorantly.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Look, if you're going to comment on the President's facebook or twitter you have to believe you're going to get "put on a list", it might not be a bad list but you're actively seeking the attention of the government and thats what the government does to everyone it meets.

I wonder how the owners of these sites feel about Obama stealing their content, as I believe, depending on their T&C, they own whatever content is placed on their site. (I mean the owners of Facebook etc)

What I want to know is, how do I get a job crawling and archiving the internet all day? I'm an expert with many years experience

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Who are you kidding Shadow? There is no "stealing", at least from Facebook, going on here.

techinsider.nextgov.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OmNishEnt

well, there you go lol

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whats the big deal, if someone posts a picture to my myspace profile, I can save it for later use. It's not like they're going through all your information, they're just storing their profile pages, so that if you happened to make a comment on his profile, it will be saved. Calm down people, sheesh.

top topics

join