It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Threads Revisited by Twitchy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Awesome I wish stars and flags actually counted for something so gonna add a big thanks, so much of the info is new to me, 9/11 is a huge area of research

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291460227&sr=1-1
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291460257&sr=1-1
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291460279&sr=1-4
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291460339&sr=1-1

Just some book links to books I've read that are linked to this area, media manipulation, real journalism uncovering shocking crimes,, US leading violent coups, Afghan 1980's to 1990's history - ya know fun easy reading. There are thousands of books that expand the envelop of investigation in regards 9/11, and there are thousands of threads on ATS, great work OP, I hope this is a series.

Peace

PS Thanks for the hollow mask video, that was great, have you seen www.youtube.com...

PSS have a great day

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I just did a site search for this thread and it doesn't show up in the results, at all. Can somebody take a look at this and see if this thread is under some invisibilty spell or if there is a bug in the system here, I seem to be having this problem alot lately.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This thread became increasingly difficult to work on as a lot of the older threads on here are from long gone members and a lot of the original links and pictures etc. are gone or memory holed somewhere. I plan on continuing this thread however, and would love to see some contributions from other members as well I revisiting what is a virtual repository of 9-11 related research material and a lot of our newer members would have certainly missed out on it.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: twitchy

There was a debate thread involving Schrodingers Dog that has stayed in my memory ever since. The main reason being he posted links that showed unusual activities in the stock market on the day before. This is now a pay-site so forgive me for the long extract.

Before attack: Many put options of hijacked planes' parent companies purchased
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2001
By By Dave Carpenter
The Associated Press

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Board Options Exchange, the world's largest options market, said Tuesday it is investigating reports of unusual trading activity before last week's terrorist attacks in New York and Washington.

The statement comes amid widespread international efforts by investigators and regulators to determine whether terrorists tried to profit from stock and option trading ahead of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

In the days before the attacks, unusually high numbers of put options were purchased for the stocks of AMR Corp. and UAL Corp., the parent companies of American Airlines and United Airlines, which each had two planes hijacked. There was no such trend involving other carriers.

A put option is a contract that gives a holder the right to sell an asset at a specified price before a certain date.

On Sept. 6-7, when there was no significant news or stock price movement involving United, the Chicago exchange handled 4,744 put options for UAL stock, compared with just 396 call options -- essentially bets that the price will rise. On Sept. 10, an uneventful day for American, the volume was 748 calls and 4,516 puts, based on a check of option trading records.

On Monday, the first day of trading following the attacks, shares of AMR fell 39 percent, and UAL stock plunged 42 percent. Other airline shares also were sharply lower and most rebounded modestly Tuesday.

"I saw put-call numbers higher than I've ever seen in 10 years of following the markets, particularly the options markets," John Kinnucan, a principal of Broadband Research, an independent telecommunications research firm, told the San Francisco Chronicle. "When one sees this type of activity, the first thing one does is ask oneself, 'What is the explanation? What are people worried about?' "

According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, the SEC said it had received information from various U.S. agencies Friday about possible trading by terrorists in industries affected by the bombing, including insurance and the airlines, and also about possible put-option or futures-index trading.

On Monday, Germany's stock market regulator said it was looking into claims of suspicious short-selling just before the Sept. 11 attacks. Washington and several other governments have identified Osama bin Laden as a prime suspect.

The Chicago exchange, which often investigates reports of suspicious trading linked to possible advance knowledge of takeovers or mergers, declined to elaborate on the investigation.

"As is usual, CBOE is conducting an investigation of trading prior to the news event," said chief spokeswoman Lynne Howard, who declined further comment.

Spokesmen for the Securities and Exchange Commission also refused comment.

The SEC has received information from other U.S. regulators about possible suspicious trading earlier this month in put options, according to a government source.

The Chicago exchange trades options on the stocks of about 1,400 companies along with 38 stock-based indexes, including the Dow Jones industrial average, the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq 100.

All nose-dived in the aftermath of the attacks, which would have meant substantial profits for anyone who had bet on their decline by buying put options or through short-selling. Short-sellers borrow stock and sell it in anticipation of buying it back later at a lower price.

Another link suggested insider trading and foreknowledge too.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
And therein lies the greatest tragedy at least in terms of the collapse of WTC7, as well as the specific area of the pentagon that was hit... a lot of the record keeping, relevant law enforcement, and ONI apparatus that would have been invaluable in uncovering that particularly gruesome insider trading on 9-10 was wiped from the earth. I recall that there was some effort made to recover some of that specific data from a lot of hard drives and servers etc. recovered from WTC 7 using blue lasers in a German lab but we never heard much about that later. I guess cleaning out the basement vaults and making a killing on airline stock options the day before was a pretty good haul for someone with, well let's say, an uncanny sense of timing.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I've no doubt you know far more than me on the subject

That old paper trail and unusual activities, to me, is most telling. It's also unsettling that *apparently* people who knew what was coming looked on it as a money-maker.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

This was from another thread, I thought you would find it interesting...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Citing client privacy, Henschel declined to say which companies Convar is working for, or provide details about the data retrieved so far. But he said the raw material, up to 40 gigabytes per computer hard drive, is sent immediately by satellite or courier back to New York.
Money trail
Richard Wagner, a data retrieval expert at the company, said illegal transfers of more than $100 million might have been made immediately before and during the disaster.
"There is a suspicion that some people had advance knowledge of the approximate time of the plane crashes in order to move out amounts exceeding $100 million," Wagner said. "They thought that the records of their transactions could not be traced after the main frames were destroyed."
The companies are paying between $20,000 and $30,000 for each computer recovered, Henschel said.
The high recovery costs are one reason why only a limited number of hard drives are being examined.

Henschel said the companies in the United States were working together with the FBI to piece together what happened on September 11 and that he was confident the destination of the dubious transactions would one day be tracked down.
"We have been quite surprised that so many of the hard drives were in good enough shape to retrieve the data," he said.
"The contamination rate is high. The fine dust that was everywhere in the area got pressed under high pressure into the drives. But we've still been able to retrieve 100 percent of the data on most of the drives we've received.
"We're helping them find out what happened to the computers on September 11 as quickly as possible. I'm sure that one day they will know what happened to the money."

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The financial doings always raise an eyebrow. Bookmarked for closer reading.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great thread twitchy.

I have come full circle as regards to 9/11. I am interested again in the subject after the information I have gathered in regards to Syria and the middle east and studying Zionism. Zionism being such a bizarre subject.

What people do not know is that British and American interests in Syria go back to the 50s. And if you include Zionism, then they go back even further.

Why does this link to 9/11? Well, what we are witnessing in the middle-east right now is the balkanization of Muslim countries surrounding Israel. It started after 9/11 with Afghanistan and moved on from there until today with Syria.

I remember reading about the Greater Israel Project after men were arrested on 9/11 celebrating the attacks (rumored to be Israelis). Some of this was reported in the mainstream media on the day of 9/11. I wondered what would Israel possibly have to gain? That led me into researching all things about Israel and how it came to be.

I did not know back then that Israel was an artificial country that expanded through Eastern European immigration at the expense of the local displaced population.

There is a thread here: Another 9/11 smoking gun: The "Dancing Israelis" arrested on 9/11
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I recommend everyone to study Zionism, it would explain many things that are happening in the world.

edit on 4 1 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

It's one of the many reasons I think Dual Citizenship should disqualify you from public office in the US. The who's who list of the Bush Administration, for example, is a particularly disturbing aspect of 9-11 that no one wants to explore or discuss because the inherent 'sensitivity' of the subject.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Bumping this thread for neutronflux's benefit.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: twitchy
Bumping this thread for neutronflux's benefit.

What does any of this thread have to do with there is zero evidence of planted pyrotechnics at the WTC? That the truth movement is full of charlatans?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And therein lies the greatest tragedy at least in terms of the collapse of WTC7, as well as the specific area of the pentagon that was hit..

Care to explain the backup and archiving requirements for the DOD in 2001?

Or how the records located on each military base and post was destroyed.

Or how records of money transfers from the US treasury to the Pentagon.

Or how the accounting records of businesses and contractors were destroyed.

Or how banking records of money transfers from the pentagon to companies and businesses were destroyed?

Or how every copy of contracts between the pentagon and companies/vendors/contractors were destroyed.

Exactly what records were destroyed that could not be recovered?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Let’s follow the logic. You are going to try to get rid of secret paper documents that probably are in some type of fire safe by the least inefficient means which is burning?

residentialwastesystems.com...

Burning is only effective if it’s done properly. Do not be in a hurry, feed the papers slowly and making sure that they are separated for complete burning. A large stack may prevent proper burning or slow down the process.

www.itstactical.com...

The absence of oxygen on the interior pages of a book or large stack of documents acts as insulation and will not allow a complete burn. You’ll wind up with plenty of unburned material and have to repeat the process all over again.

Then why not just shred the few documents that only a few people know of and includ them in the supposed conspiracy

vs

Taking a chance of getting caught for supposed arson of a building where sensitive documents might be protected in safes and include thousands of people that would be needed to cover up the supposed “in side job”? Running the chance of not knowing who would find what during the recover of the documents?
edit on 21-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 21-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to Twitchy
Way to go mate, good thread and thanks for bumping this one. Any more would be much appreciated

edit on 2019pAmerica/Chicago3America/Chicago26America/Chicago19America/Chicago06 by openedeyesandears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears
reply to Twitchy
Way to go mate, good thread and thanks for bumping this one. Any more would be much appreciated

Based on what? Please cite the most credible innuendo provided in this thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Do you think 9/11 is not worthy of investigation anymore, is there nothing to see?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Do you think 9/11 is not worthy of investigation anymore, is there nothing to see?

Based off the fantasies of planted pyrotechnics at the WTC. No.

How the terrorists were allowed in to the States. How they were allowed to stay. Who and how they were funded.

Why was the WTC fire insulation substandard. Why were the Towers Built with minimal concrete to save on costs. Did the mob play a part on how and what parts were supplied. Why were the twin towers built with exemptions from code.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join