It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 'Calls Kanye A Jackass' Over MTV Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Obama 'Calls Kanye A Jackass' Over MTV Rant

uk.news.yahoo.com

The US president was apparently commenting on the hip-hop star's widely criticised rant at the MTV Music Video Awards in New York.

West had grabbed a microphone from 19-year-old country singer Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech on Sunday to declare that Beyonce should have won instead.

"Pres Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," Nightline co-anchor Terry Moran wrote on Twitter, where he has more than a million followers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/16/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Personally, I think the Kanye West deal has been blown completely out-of-proportion. Granted, it hasn't been on the news 24/7 like the death of Michael Jackson, but I've still heard way more about it than I should have.

This is Terry Moran's account: twitter.com...

I do not see the comment on there anywhere, so I'm assuming ABC might have removed it. Can anybody confirm this? If it is indeed factual and that is what Obama said, I've lost a little bit more respect for the 43rd President of the United States.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/16/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Come on you really expect him to open the "9/11 conspiracy" can of worms ?

It would be political suicide.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

He can't ignore the issue forever. Eventually, whether he agrees to an interview or downright denies everything and states he refuses to talk about it any longer, he has to say something eventually.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Charlie Sheen should rush the stage of an awards Show...

"Yo Spielberg, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish but 9/11 was an inside job, one of the biggest ones of all time!"

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
speaking his mind - great job obama- just earned a little more repect from me - kanye west IS a jaskass and a total asshat.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

speaking his mind - great job obama- just earned a little more repect from me - kanye west IS a jaskass and a total asshat.

This is the one and only time I must agree with Obama, Jack Ass was kind of a lame term to use, A word beginning with "A" would have been more appropriate...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
For the first time in my adult life, I am proud to have Barack Obama as my president. Kanye is such a... well jack@$$.

Here is the audio of Obama.
Obama calls Kanye a Jack@$$

-E-

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They say even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually and it looks like Obama did just that. That said however he really needs to quit commenting on issues that are not really any of his business, he needs to be doing his job not providing commentary on these nonsense incidents.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
For anybody, like me, who didn't see the "the show", ...

taylor swift kanye west vma 2009 real video

I guess he thinks that it's only his opinion that counts!

JACKASS! Actually RUDE JACKASS!

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Helig, the President also is allowed to have an opinion, 1st Amendment, and Kanye West is a jackass. What he did on that stage was unprofessional, rude, disrespectful, and out of line.

Why is it that some people so hate this president that they want to take away his basic constitutional rights?

[edit on 9/19/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Haha, go Obama! I can't imagine how it must feel to be going around (especially if you are popular) knowing the president called you a jackass!

But then again, the president is human and is definetley entitled to his own opinion, especially one as correct as this one.

new topics

top topics

join