It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Declassified Files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have free access to all declassified files through my work at a local college, who pays for the database. I'm not a UFO guy really, but I do enjoy the subject, and so i thought i would browse some of the files. The FOIA is a legal joke, because the government censors everything they release, and theirs nothing that can be done about it. However I have included some copies of papers and reports that are interesting, to be honest though, most of the documents are 30 pages or more, so i might only show one page of it.

img42.imageshack.us...

This is typical of FOIA documents, and I included it as a sad laugh.

img183.imageshack.us...

This is part of a 29 page document that outlines how the air force is to officially deny ufo's, and that there concerned of the psychological damage a flying saucer attack would have on America.

img36.imageshack.us...

This is a document saying that they found a UFO and that it isn't ours, and Russia isn't capable of doing it, so there stumped.

There are alot of these files, but these were three I read that were interesting. I would like to know what people think.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

This is a document saying that they found a UFO and that it isn't ours, and Russia isn't capable of doing it, so there stumped.

They also said that the report had been downgraded because of weather conditions, 11 minute break in the radar blip..and other such things. They also said that the UFO could have been a missile. They gave alternatives to the ufo....no where in the report does it say...they do not know what it is and are stumped.

You believers must enjoy twisting facts around to help the story

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They gave alot of ifs, but no facts, so they didn't actually know. My 2 cents anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Have you seen the 6 pages of FOIA documents here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To be honest, I haven't read all those yet, though I've seen bits and pieces of some of them.

If you have more to add that aren't in those 6 pages, that are relevant to the topics on this forum, I would surely welcome them! I believe others would too. But I suspect the full documents need to be posted in that forum, not just a sample page or two.

That first example you posted really does make for a good but sad laugh, I guess it can be used to prove every conspiracy anyone can dream up with that much blacked out!

By the way, we decided to stop referring to ourselves as "believers" and "skeptics", now we are all referring to ourselves as "truth seekers" like your aptly named avatar says! We are all here seeking the truth, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow...that first document had me rolling in the floor. Why the heck are you gonna declassify something and not give us anything to read!? What's the point?!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I am glad that you posted, and surprised that nobody has thanked your for your contribution to the community. so let me be the first, and I look forward to reading more about some top secret or declassified documents that you have access to.

S+F for just that!

Don't worry about the naysayers... keep posting the declassified documents that you find, you never know when we will stumble upon a gold mine of information.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
oh that first one is just so funny, like what is really the point?
But yeah please keep these comming very interested in this thread

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Very interesting! Star and a Flag for you friend. Please keep them coming.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

They also said that the UFO could have been a missile. They gave alternatives to the ufo....no where in the report does it say...they do not know what it is and are stumped.

They suggested a missile but said they have no evidence of it being one.
A Russian SLBM over Long Island... really ?

Maybe you should look at the declassified DIA report on the 1976 Tehran UFO.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
2000 knots is roughly 2300 mph. That's off the charts fast for 1957.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruggeder

img183.imageshack.us...

This is part of a 29 page document that outlines how the air force is to officially deny ufo's, and that there concerned of the psychological damage a flying saucer attack would have on America.

Cool documents. This one says the Air Force "officially" denies that flying saucers are US or soviet secret weapons, or ET visitors. That statement in itself begs the question: "What is their "unofficial" position?

As many have suggested, it seems at least plausible that a public belief in UFOs possibly of ET origin might make a good smokescreen to help keep some US secret waeapons secret, I'm amazed the level of secrecy on the F117 was maintained for as long as it was, and I have to say, from certain angles and from a distance, that craft looks how I would expect a flying saucer to look.

The psychological warfare implications are interesting, which raises the possibility of Soviets using that type of warfare on the US, or the US using that type of warfare on others. That makes me think about the project bluebeam claims of NASA putting huge holographic images in the sky and might lend those stories more credibility than they otherwise might have.

img36.imageshack.us...

As someone who has studied radar systems and how they have evolved over the years, the first thing that occurs to me is that radar was still not very sophisticated at that time. And it's interesting that "weather conditions at the time were of the type which have in the past produced false radar pips and electromagnetic interference" but I wouldn't normally expect to see such anomalous pips traveling in a straight line.

If I had to guess what the object was, my first guess would be a meteor. It traveled in a straight line at 50,000 feet at 2000 knots then disappeared. This would seem to be consistent with a meteor observation. Some meteors can enter the earth as shallow angles and therefore are not always on a trajectory aimed at the ground. The disappearance of the signal could then be the result of the meteor either burning up completely or just becoming too small to track. The initial velocities of meteors are much higher at say 100,000 feet, but I don't think it's impossible for a meteor to slow down to 2000 knots by 50,000 feet, is it?

I think we could observe that confusing radar signals are less prevalent today (or let's say since the year 2000) because of the greatly increased sophistication of radar systems. So some of these old cases will have some mystery difficult to duplicate today because of our more advanced radar.

Very interesting documents, thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Would you mind posting the source link for where these docs came from?

I also work at a University from time to time, and would like to check and see if I can gain access in that manner...

Also, if you run across ANY documents from the period between February and December of 1942, sent either to or from FDR, Dr. Vannevar Bush, General Donovan, et al. PLEASE post them here. Even if they are highly redacted.

Recently, in the BOLA thread, much corroborating information has emerged to support the authenticity of the Majestic Documents, and a particular report by the son of Col William Brophy. To verify details within these reports would add much to the case that the Army Air Forces and the Navy recovered 2 disks in that event.

I look forward to reading your posts in this thread, S&F from me!

-WFA

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's another page from a report that was interesting. It says here that "there were quite a few sightings, some might have been balloons that were launched for science", but many weren't, and because he no longer gets called for them he said someone must have "made a political decision for the sightings to go unreported". Sadly, everything that you would want to know is blacked out, but i thought I would include it anyway.

img245.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out, that the second report listed in your original post seems to ignore the Battle of LA event altogether...

The Air Force claims that there is not a single shred of evidence that UFOs are something other than Balloons or reflections, or poorly understood atmospheric phenomenon??? (even in the 1950's this statement is clearly false...)

The Army established clear radar returns, and tracking, from multiple units in the BOLA case. This report ignores that solid evidence altogether, in the Air Force's attempted explanation of 'all UFO events'...

Not uncommon for the Air Force to ignore physical evidence when making such a claim, I just found it interesting and of note...

-WFA

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

There are several documents from general Donovan, if you want to see them all i can send you privately all the documents, if you want them shared I can make a post, but i dont have the time right now, it would have to be tonight, which would be wed night.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I would love that very much! Please post them publicly, I like independent verification

Take your time, and know that I appreciate your willingness to investigate this case! Woo Hoo! Well met Ruggeder!

-WFA

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here is a document that talks about a letter from general Donovan as he interferes in Vietnam policy

img32.imageshack.us...

Here's a document I found interesting, about how America would like to eventual follow the Geneva accords, since we hadn't been the entire war, pursuant to a letter from General Donovan.

img32.imageshack.us...

Here's one that discusses general Donovan letter regarding the Russo-German war.

img441.imageshack.us...

Unfortunately from a quick glance which is what i had time for now didn't have anything linking him to majestic. However I will look into majestic more there and see if theres anything worth posting.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ruggeder

Thanks for trying

Do you happen to have a document there with General Donovan's Signature on it, or perhaps Vannevar Bush's sig?

That might help me to evaluate other documents i come across...

Also, anything at all from February -March of 1942 from any of these individuals may have an important clue within it...

I know that's vague, but if you run across anything from this time period, I'd love to see it

Thanks again!

-WFA

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

"the authenticity of the Majestic Documents" were found to be hoaxed by Phil Klass who said: "My investigation revealed that the Truman signature was a pasted-on photocopy of a genuine signature-including accidental scratch marks-from a memo that Truman wrote to Vannevar Bush on October 1, 1947 (see “New evidence of MJ-12 hoax,” SI 14[2], Winter 1990)." www.csicop.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

"the authenticity of the Majestic Documents" were found to be hoaxed by Phil Klass who said: "My investigation revealed that the Truman signature was a pasted-on photocopy of a genuine signature-including accidental scratch marks-from a memo that Truman wrote to Vannevar Bush on October 1, 1947 (see “New evidence of MJ-12 hoax,” SI 14[2], Winter 1990)." www.csicop.org...

People have found other references to Majestic in other documents that weren't a part of those originals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join