It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Is Watching...And Archiving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"The White House is collecting and storing comments and videos placed on its social-networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube without notifying or asking the consent of the site users, a failure that appears to run counter to President Obama's promise of a transparent government and his pledge to protect privacy on the Internet, the Washington Times reported."

Link: FoxNews.com

This has a bit of a stench of "once we take over, we can go back and get them" to it. Between government searching and archiving our discussions, the GPSing of our households and the "turn in your neighbor" scams, things are seeming quite scary these days.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

It's basically a given that some branch of government is going to do this.

But believe it or not, there are folks who don't know/haven't thought about it.

S&F for bringing it to their attention (possibly).

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There's not many PEOPLE fishing through the data. It's all banks of Crays and Big Blues looking for keys.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Do you think they could be monitoring and saving the stuff being said here on ATS ?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fapython

Nah, it's safe here. Don't be so paranoid.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I once heard that, I do believe it was Lockhead, had technology in place that no conversation goes unrecorded. I brought this to attention of a rather intellectual sort, but he seemed to think that it was entirely possible, and likely true.

Really, honestly, nobody should be alarmed about this... but, it's not like it's a cool thing to do.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe I'm off here...but...why would you archive such items and conversations if you weren't planning to do something with it later? And if so, wouldn't you, likely, already have an idea of what you intend to do with the data?

I guess where I'm going, especially considering the track history of this administration and the government in general...wouldn't they more than likely be planning to use this data AGAINST us?

Let alone that they are using our tax dollars to use our words against us.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

And not to mention, the government will use your cell phone as a "bug" (as in, using your cell phone as a microphone). They aren't just listening to your phone calls, they are using your phone while it's in your pocket.

Believe it or not, the government has been eavesdropping on me with my cell phone. You can notice if they are listening to you if your battery drains faster than normal. But hey, if you read some of my posts (or visit a website I made), you can understand why they are listening to me...

But gotta love this government -- spitting on the Constitution. America bless America (because God sure won't be if there is God).

new topics

top topics

join