It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student attacked on Belleville West bus, video from St. Louis news site

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

In the full length of the video, you see a black student stand in between the attacker and the victim to protect the white student. The attacker looks like he is calming down so the black student sits down. The attacker then goes after the victim again but before he can get there, a hispanic student stands up, gets in between the attacker and the victim, grabs the attacker by the arm, forces him forward a couple of rows, then pushes him down into a seat where the attacker is bent awkwardly sideways.

Thanks for that, my faith in humanity has risen a little

I know, I think all the people that should've been there, weren't.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think the bigger issue with this incident is what will follow.

It is hard to watch that video or videos like it. But what will happen now, is that kid on the receiving end will likely never recover completely. If he does not act on this in some physical way, he will now most assuredly become racist. Not to mention everyone in his family and/or their friends etc etc etc.

Deny this if you will, but I believe it. I also see a little bite out of the racial harmony pie every time an incident like this occurs. That pie is almost gone.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

That's exactly what I said.

The chances this kid is now a racist is almost 100%.

Now you may question this, but remember, reasoning doesn't communicate with racism.

I fear that the kid will go homocide-murder on the school.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Any chance you have a link to the full length video?

The boy who was attacked responded in the right manner, the attacker was being encouraged by his peers, if the kid had retaliated straight away I believe the attacker's peers would have stepped in to assist.

For those that believe the kid who was attacked didn't stand up for himself, well, it was standing his ground that got him attacked in the first place, he was going to sit there and not be intimidated by the ignorant moron who believed he had the right to occupy both seats.

As for this being a race crime, maybe it was, but I saw a variance of colours in the crowd surrounding the attack, to me this had more to do with peer pressure and the small minded individual who felt he was going to lose face by letting the guy sit next to him.

My hat goes off to the courage this kid showed in not being intimidated to begin with.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
The chances this kid is now a racist is almost 100%.

I disagree, although it is not improbable.

If this had happend to yourself would it turn you against all people who had the same skin colour to that of the person who attacked you, as it seems to me that is what you are saying?

You are making way too many assumptions about this kids mental stability.

I'd like to believe he is almost 100% wiser than those that surrounded him, and that he knows full well that the actions of those individuals do not represent all those of a particular skin colour.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Koka]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join