It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are young women becoming more narcissistic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Before the Women's Liberation Movement, married women were mostly encouraged to stay at home and take care of the family and keep the house in order. Men would go out and work and provide for the family from a financial sense, while mothers would provide for the family in an emotional sense. This turned out to be good for the majority of families world wide. Also, importantly, divorce rates were much lower than they are now, families were more stable than they are now, and the behaviour of youths was less rebellious than is now. (I understand other factors may come into these findings, but I feel they ARE directly related to Feminism).

Then came Women's Liberation and things changed. The gibe that women couldn't have a career was shoved down the throats of the general population and further DIVISION amongst people resulted. Women who were living FULFILLING and emotionally rich lives were convinced that there was "something more" and that they SHOULD think about their career opportunities.

So now society is like this: women have equal rights in that they can VOTE and enter politics (I consider these things very positive). Yet, radical Feminists have cemented the idea in teenagers and young women that the most important thing for them to consider is THEIR careers and what they want to do from a professional sense.

This has lead to more selfish mothers, less responsible fathers, hostility between the two, and a generation of angry kids that were not raised properly!

Young women ARE becoming narcissistic, but the blame for this rests mostly on the shoulders of the evil, deceitful, hidden, radical Feminist agenda!

[edit on 16/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

Women finally realized they did not have to take abuse from men. We grew up, men should get over themselves as we are not a mans punching bag.

And yes, women should look towards themselves FIRST before they look to the care of another. If you do not take care of yourself first, you can not truly give care to another.

Feminism is not "evil" in and of itself, it is the attitude people have, yes I agree that it get's taken too far by BOTH sides. Just the same as towards other races when fighting for equality. The biggest problem I see and have run into in my life? Men who can only feel "complete" when they have a woman bowing down at his feet instead of feeling complete within himself.

The breakdown of the family has many reasons, and I don't think it is in and of itself "feminism".

The causes? More women standing up for themselves, and divorcing their husbands when they are abused. That's a GOOD thing.

Also, it is almost impossible to survive on a single income these days, both parents have to work, but still a large portion of men expect their wives to come home, clean, cook, take care of the children and rub his feet and other body parts, even though she has had a long working day as well. In the end, women become fed up.

Another reason for the breakdown of marriages? How about this one, my husband and I are considering divorce after 20+ years of marriage. Why? We can't afford health care for our children, and if we divorce and separate, my children will get health care. Yep, pretty screwed up.

Originally posted by hangedman13
The problem is that woman want it both ways. You can open the door yourself since we are "equal"
Equality means no special treatment. Men and woman are not equal in ability, but everyone should have equal opportunity. Then it gets sorted out by who can or cannot.

Huh?

You mean like when a man reaches a door before me I expect him to hold it open for me? Just like if I reach a door before a man I hold it for him?

How horrible.

Most men just slam the door in a woman's face, and claim "well she wants equality and all that", so I guess I should start slamming the door in men's faces when I reach the door first.

THAT is the true equality that most women are "fighting" for. To think otherwise is a sign of not having grown up, it is a sign of being unable to feel "complete" in and of yourself. If someone cannot be whole without another person being subservient to them, THAT is a sign of narcissism, men have it in abundance.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. They believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings.

Symptoms?

Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

LOL interesting, sounds like most men I know.

I've taught both my children, one girl, one boy, that if they get to the door first, they open it and hold it open for those behind them. Why? Basic courtesy. To me it does not matter if you are a man or a woman, be effin courteous to the people around you.

I don't know why I get sucked into these threads, they usually end up being a bash on women gang up.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
Women finally realized they did not have to take abuse from men. We grew up, men should get over themselves as we are not a mans punching bag.

this is a disgusting suggestion, you say it as if all men beat women. just horrible.

And yes, women should look towards themselves FIRST before they look to the care of another. If you do not take care of yourself first, you can not truly give care to another.

i pity your children. in my book, you always consider the needs of your family, and especially your children, before your own, be you a man or a woman. if you don't understand the need for this then it's pointless to explain it to you.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As a man, I can honestly say I have never hit a woman. I am 23 years old and notice the same freakin thing as others on this thread. My ex who is the mother of my son is a self absorbed person. Cares of nothing outside of what is good for her and her alone. That is why we never got married.

Being a strong woman is one thing. I have no objections to that. But when you are SUCH a strong woman that everyone else becomes inferior to you...that is where the line should be drawn.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazedWomen finally realized they did not have to take abuse from men. We grew up, men should get over themselves as we are not a mans punching bag.

Ah yes, the terrible old Patriarchy.™
I suppose you are referring to the "good old days" for men, as it were. You know, like when men basically gave their lives (literally) and day-in, day-out labor while women stayed home and cooed to infants. When males regularly had to go get slaughtered in brutal battles, till fields and delve mines in backbreaking toil. Getting impaled on the horns of prey during the hunt or (perhaps worse) come back to their families empty-handed. When automatic sacrifice of any and all male lifeblood in favor of women and children was an unquestioned, universal value. Yes, men had a real sweet deal back in the day.

[edit on 9/16/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
As a man, I can honestly say I have never hit a woman. I am 23 years old and notice the same freakin thing as others on this thread. My ex who is the mother of my son is a self absorbed person. Cares of nothing outside of what is good for her and her alone. That is why we never got married.

Being a strong woman is one thing. I have no objections to that. But when you are SUCH a strong woman that everyone else becomes inferior to you...that is where the line should be drawn.

yeah, its like so many moms these days.
take care of their own needs and then, if there is time or energy left over, maybe a little TLC for baby. maybe.

in my eyes, if you can choose your needs over your childs, you are little more than a child yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by amazedWomen finally realized they did not have to take abuse from men. We grew up, men should get over themselves as we are not a mans punching bag.

Ah yes, the terrible old Patriarchy.™
I suppose you are referring to the "good old days" for men, as it were. You know, like when men basically gave their lives (literally) and day-in, day-out labor while women stayed home and cooed to infants. When males regularly had to go get slaughtered in brutal battles, till fields and delve mines in backbreaking toil. Getting impaled on the horns of prey during the hunt or (perhaps worse) come back to their families empty-handed. When automatic sacrifice of any and all male lifeblood in favor of women and children was an unquestioned, universal value. Yes, men had a real sweet deal back in the day.

[edit on 9/16/09 by silent thunder]

LOL
i guess work is glamourized for some women or made to seem necessary. but as i've said in a previous post, ever looked up how much it costs for daycare...thats not even counting PREschool... both parents working i guarantee that in most families the bulk of one of the parents pay from their absolutely necessary job is going to childcare costs...the rest is going to the cost of gas, work attire, starbucks, you name it. maybe if we did go back to women staying home when they choose to have children (nobody is forcing these deadbeat moms) they will see how much easier it is for their fragile emotional state (once again, yes, i'm a woman) maybe i should only speak for myself, but i've seen it all to many times, woman creating drama at work and yet, they don't want to stay home, they would rather have a panic attack from NOTHING every day they go to work than cut back on all our american luxuries (that even the poor people still get to have here) and spend a little more time with your kids...hey, maybe teach them something...like how to act like human beings. maybe that. maybe it wouldn't fix everything, but hey, its worth a try and i guarantee the children would be happier.

to add: i am a bit biased (a lot) as i am a stay at home mom and my boyfriend (we aren't married YET lol) doesn't have some fancy job as a doctor, lawyer, candlestick maker...hes done many jobs, most of which the college educated may look down on (fast food, etc) but even on such a small pay as that (and with two children) we do not go without...in fact i still do get those american luxuries like starbucks and my kids get toys usually when we go to the store which is almost every day. so i don't see how some women claim they CAN'T stay home...but i'm sure its a very convenient excuse for them.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Are young women becoming more narcissistic?

I don't know, but as I get older, they sure are getting cuter.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am one that also has to totally and 100% agree with Dark Ghost. Altoough I have no problem with women working or sticking up for themselves or voting or anything like that, I do believe the emphasis on women working has greatly affected too many households today. God made us(women) to be mothers our job is to raise our children and help them grow up to be good caring strong adults. Now adays, there is no parent at home to take care of thier kids, dad is working and now so is mom so they can have an extra nicew new car in the driveway or a huge house on a hill or fancy tvs or whatever. Now our children suffer and have no one to turn to whn they have a problem. Its sad. I am proud to be a strong hard working stay at home mom, I am proud that my children aren't rotten brats like half the kids at thier school are. I am proud that my kids can come and talk to me when they have a problem weather it be with homework or life.
Now also with these dang tv shows that are on, they are teaching and brainwashing young girls that looks and sexuality are all you need to get whatever you want in life.

www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ah the never ending plight of women. Constantly told we are never good enough and can't amount to anything and constantly bombarded by visions of flawless startlets.

Then when some women actually get a shred of confidence, they are narcissists.

What a mind job.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Sigh. I am sorry you have perceived my posts as being "anti-woman" that are intended to encourage men to gang up against women. This is not my aim, attention or hidden agenda. TBH, I do not know where you have drawn this conclusion that being anti-Feminist means being anti-women.

You are obviously going through a difficult time at the moment and I think you are speaking mostly on emotion. I wish you the best of luck and hope you come out of your current situation stronger and wiser.

[edit on 17/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
ah the never ending plight of women. Constantly told we are never good enough and can't amount to anything and constantly bombarded by visions of flawless startlets.

Then when some women actually get a shred of confidence, they are narcissists.

What a mind job.

Ok I get it now. If women are happy, it is because they have managed to overcome the unrealistic demands placed on them by men. If women are unhappy, it is because men are placing unrealistic demands on them.

If men are happy, it is because they have managed to make women live up to unrealistic demands. If men are unhappy, it is because they cannot accept the realistic qualities of women.

Thanks for sharing that, I was beginning to think you were blaming women for making other women unhappy some of the time.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I know all the girls I meet are.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Some older women can not stand young women and make up stuff about young women. Girls are as bad and as good as they ever have been. Nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

this is a disgusting suggestion, you say it as if all men beat women. just horrible.

i pity your children. in my book, you always consider the needs of your family, and especially your children, before your own, be you a man or a woman. if you don't understand the need for this then it's pointless to explain it to you.

rolls eyes

did you forget that it was not that long ago women were not even seen under the law as being a human being within her own right? She was "owned" by her husband? and many many of them did far more than just "beat" their wife.

So, you mean I should care for others first? Even if that means I am so exhausted, that I cannot do it properly? What if I have cancer? I should ignore that and take care of my husband and children first, then if I have time I should get treatment?

Is that what you do for your children?

So, your saying you never take care of your needs as necessary before you take care of your children? riiigghhttt!

Oh no wait, you mean like when you and your child has to go to the bathroom you let them go first before you do? Of course, their bladders are much smaller. I do the same for my children. But wait, what if I had a really bad bladder infection and was in pain, and my child did not so I ran to the bathroom first, would you still call me a "narcissist" for "taking care of my needs first". Of course you would, as in your eyes a woman should not take care of herself before she takes care of others, she should always and no matter what put everyone else before herself.

Tell me, is that what you do for your children? Because if women are expected to put their children "first" so to speak, so should men, don't ya think?

Explain what your complaint is? For real I mean.

Personally I pity your children. Mine are awesome and happy. Why? Because they have a mom that respects them and herself enough to take care of herself. If I am tired and cranky, and then do not take care of myself, no way can I sit and chat and play with my children and actually pay attention to them with love and care.

The idea is the same as if you are flying and the plane ends up with a hole in it, you put YOUR oxygen on FIRST and then you put the oxygen on your children SECOND. Why? Because if you don't take care of yourself FIRST, you could pass out or die before you get a chance to put the oxygen on your children.

If you don't understand this, then it is pointless to explain it to you.

I agree with mr. toodles in one regard, no one should be inferior nor superior to anyone else.

And silent thunder? You mean the days when everyone worked themselves to an early death? INCLUDING women? LOL if you really think all women did was sit home and "coo" to babies, I think your confused a tiny bit. I sure hope you were being sarcastic with that statement.

Dark Ghost, no, I did not take your post as supposedly "anti woman", I think you like women, I think you like them at home doing what they are told to do. So I see you as anti EQUAL woman and not "anti woman". See the difference?

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Dark Ghost, no, I did not take your post as supposedly "anti woman", I think you like women, I think you like them at home doing what they are told to do. So I see you as anti EQUAL woman and not "anti woman". See the difference?

Harm None
Peace

Firstly, I love and respect women. I do not consider them lesser humans because of their gender. I think you are stereotyping me as "the dominant male that wants his wife to stay at home and be his slave." This is not the case. If I have a daughter, I would want her to be able to vote, enter politics and have her own career if she decided that's what she wanted. When an adult, if she wanted to start a family and be a housewife I would not tell her she should consider her career options instead.

Think of it like this: if there was a male movement that emphasised men should stay at home and do housework and not have a job. They complain about men not having the right to stay at home and be a house husband. Through the generations, each male is presented with the idea that he will be happier and more successful if he stays at home. Pressure is then placed on the wife because she will have to go out and work, otherwise they cannot survive. This will likely lead to problems for their children (if they decide to have children) because they will be missing out on being raised by their mother. When that happens, teenagers and young adults will often be indoctrinated by things such as movies and television. Problems (divorce, broken homes, family breakdowns) will arise.

Can you see the point I am trying to make?

[edit on 23/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Harm None
Peace

Firstly, I love and respect women. I do not consider them lesser humans because of their gender. I think you are stereotyping me as "the dominant male that wants his wife to stay at home and be his slave." This is not the case. If I have a daughter, I would want her to be able to vote, enter politics and have her own career if she decided that's what she wanted. When an adult, if she wanted to start a family and be a housewife I would not tell her she should consider her career options instead.

Think of it like this: if there was a male movement that emphasised men should stay at home and do housework and not have a job. They complain about men not having the right to stay at home and be a house husband. Through the generations, each male is presented with the idea that he will be happier and more successful if he stays at home. Pressure is then placed on the wife because she will have to go out and work, otherwise they cannot survive. This will likely lead to problems for their children (if they decide to have children) because they will be missing out on being raised by their mother. When that happens, teenagers and young adults will often be indoctrinated by things such as movies and television. Problems (divorce, broken homes, family breakdowns) will arise.

Can you see the point I am trying to make?

ahhhh If you have a daughter. Do you even have children?

Hmm, you see the problem with your statement is that many men are choosing to stay home to be with their children while their wives work, and things are working out wonderfully for these families. So, we already have a male movement that men should be respected if they choose to be stay at home dads. Which I completely support. Guess what? I also support women who make this decision. But.... I also support women who choose a career as well as men who choose a career. See how that works? Equal support for the choices of either sex.

I assume, from your posting that you do not respect men who make the choice to be stay at home dads? Well, I suggest that you are being disrespectful to your own sex. It seems possible, that you are also stereotyping men, and putting men into a position where they are the ones not allowed to make the choices for their lives. Saying "men can only be happy if they are in the work field and they cannot be happy being a stay at home dad".

Your being un-equal towards your own sex and boxing them up, telling them they can only do one thing and be happy, which is to have a career outside of the home. Understand, being a stay at home parent is just as much a career.

My husband and I both worked when I became pregnant, then we both worked for a about a year after our child was born, though I worked part time (and made just as much as my husband did, which is a different situation in itself, and WAS contention in our relationship for a while. Being a "man" it irked him that his wife made just as much money as he did, and I only worked part time).

Eventually, we decided we wanted one of us at home with our children, so I stayed home (personally, part of me feels he pushed this because of his inability to handle the fact that I worked part time and still made as much as he did). Eventually we switched places and my husband stayed home. After about a year, he decided he was not stay at home material, so we switched places again.

Now they are older and we both have employment. Though mine is part time. AND the screwed up thing? Now I cannot get employment after being out of the work field for so long that pays anywhere near what I used to make. So of course we have no issues as my husband now makes far more than I do. But I can guarantee if I had stayed in my field of choice, I would be making more money than he is.

At this point, many children are missing out on being raised by their fathers, in truth, as long as children have a loving caring adult who is the main caregiver, they will be happy and healthy. It does not matter if their main caretaker is male or female. What matters is the attitude and love given to the child by the caretaker be that caretaker male or female.

The idea that the perfect caregiver is only possible if it is a woman, is what I consider to be an erroneous idea. That is part of the problem with great fathers not getting custody of their children when a divorce takes place, which many men then grumble about and bash on women about. They hoot and hollar about their x getting custody of the children, ignoring that society, and MEN push this taking place by saying "only women can be a great caretaker and children miss out if a man is the caretaker". Do you see the conundrum here?

You want it both ways, a woman at home taking care of you and your children, but if something goes wrong you want the custody of those children.

You can't have it both ways. Either it is in agreement that women are the better parent, so therefore always deserves custody of the children, or it is in agreement that each case should be looked at and wallah in many cases it just might be the father that is the better parent.

In my opinion, the biggest problem, is men who cannot stand the issue of women having just as much of a right to be in the work field as they do. For some reason, many men seem to feel "less of a man", when they have a woman who is just as capable as they are around. When men and women should feel "complete" in who they are and what choices they make without the sexism that inundates our society. Sexism, going both ways, is in my opinion, is a damaging issue to children and adults. Sexism towards women ie stay at home barefoot and pregnant. Sexism towards men ie you better NOT stay home barefoot and pregnant

I support my children in any choice they make, just as long as they are healthy and happy. I don't push them either direction, to work or to be a stay at home parent. I "push" them in the direction of satisfaction and happiness. If that means my daughter goes to university to be a dr.(or whatever) and my son chooses to be a stay at home parent, WONDERFUL. If my daughter chooses to be a stay at home parent and my son chooses to go to university to be a dr.(or whatever) WONDERFUL. JUST AS LONG AS THEY ARE HAPPY! And just as long as they have made the decision with full knowledge of what is available to them in this world, and what is right for their particular family.

Again, the problem is telling people, that because of their sex, they will be happier doing one thing or the other, instead of taking each individual and and creating an environment, where either choice they make is respected.

That...... is the true equality that this world needs to be healthy. That.... is the feminism push that I am a part of. Just as in my posting which was ignored, where I stated "if I get to a door before a man I hold it for him, I also expect that if a man gets to a door before I do that he will hold it for me". It is respect of each of us being an individual human being while removing the idea that each sex is only good for certain things because of their sex.

And again, I did not say you did not like women. With your postings in this thread and others, I view you as someone who is actually, fairly sexist though. Men should work, women should stay home. Men should marry women and women should marry men and no variances are possible for happiness and healthiness.

When in truth, everyone would be happier if every family was respected for the individual choices they make for their particular family.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

ahhhh If you have a daughter. Do you even have children?

I do not have children. The "if" was used in the conditional sense to describe a future event that might take place.

I assume, from your posting that you do not respect men who make the choice to be stay at home dads? Well, I suggest that you are being disrespectful to your own sex. It seems possible, that you are also stereotyping men, and putting men into a position where they are the ones not allowed to make the choices for their lives. Saying "men can only be happy if they are in the work field and they cannot be happy being a stay at home dad".

I was making an analogy to the Feminist movement. Sorry that you did not realise and understand that. I think you need to re-read my post.

Your being un-equal towards your own sex and boxing them up, telling them they can only do one thing and be happy, which is to have a career outside of the home. Understand, being a stay at home parent is just as much a career.

I am not being unequal to my own sex because that example I gave was an analogy. Again, sorry that you did not understand that.

My husband and I both worked when I became pregnant, then we both worked for a about a year after our child was born, though I worked part time (and made just as much as my husband did, which is a different situation in itself, and WAS contention in our relationship for a while. Being a "man" it irked him that his wife made just as much money as he did, and I only worked part time).

You mean the delusion you had of your husband being against you working because you are a "woman". So, because you made as much money as him, because you worked, and because you are a female this angered him? Sounds like typical Feminist rubbish.

Eventually, we decided we wanted one of us at home with our children, so I stayed home (personally, part of me feels he pushed this because of his inability to handle the fact that I worked part time and still made as much as he did). Eventually we switched places and my husband stayed home. After about a year, he decided he was not stay at home material, so we switched places again.

Do you even realise the way you are denigrating your husband? You are blaming him for all your own problems and playing the victim card. Sorry, but you are.

[...]

Now they are older and we both have employment. Though mine is part time. AND the screwed up thing? Now I cannot get employment after being out of the work field for so long that pays anywhere near what I used to make. So of course we have no issues as my husband now makes far more than I do. But I can guarantee if I had stayed in my field of choice, I would be making more money than he is.

I think I see the problem. You have a lot of resentment for your husband because you are worried he thinks you are not able to work and make more money than him. The world really does revolve around you, does it not?

[...]

The idea that the perfect caregiver is only possible if it is a woman, is what I consider to be an erroneous idea. That is part of the problem with great fathers not getting custody of their children when a divorce takes place, which many men then grumble about and bash on women about. They hoot and hollar about their x getting custody of the children, ignoring that society, and MEN push this taking place by saying "only women can be a great caretaker and children miss out if a man is the caretaker". Do you see the conundrum here?

When in doubt, blame men.

You want it both ways, a woman at home taking care of you and your children, but if something goes wrong you want the custody of those children.

You can't have it both ways. Either it is in agreement that women are the better parent, so therefore always deserves custody of the children, or it is in agreement that each case should be looked at and wallah in many cases it just might be the father that is the better parent.

Nobody wants it both ways except radical Feminists.

In my opinion, the biggest problem, is men who cannot stand the issue of women having just as much of a right to be in the work field as they do. For some reason, many men seem to feel "less of a man", when they have a woman who is just as capable as they are around.

I think this might all be inside your head. Why would men have an issue with women in the workplace? Do you think most men resent women who work?

[...]

With your postings in this thread and others, I view you as someone who is actually, fairly sexist though. Men should work, women should stay home. Men should marry women and women should marry men and no variances are possible for happiness and healthiness.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion...but anyway.

I have no desire to keep debating with you. You have been thoroughly brainwashed by Feminist propaganda. You think the world revolves around you and your desires. You think men have a resentment for women who want to work. You expect to have it both ways and cry when men want the same.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't think it's just women. I think it's society in general - fueled by Facebook, MySpace, endless blogs and other forms of media.

When discussing anyone of note, the media is sure to describe their appearance, their fame, their money, their power, etc.

Everyone is consumed with the face they portray to the world and is obsessed with tweaking and marketing their image (brand), which naturally encourages narcissism and too much self-reverence.

IMO, of course.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I do not have children. The "if" was used in the conditional sense to describe a future event that might take place.

Meaning you really have no real world experience in the situation.

I have no desire to keep debating with you. You have been thoroughly brainwashed by Feminist propaganda. You think the world revolves around you and your desires. You think men have a resentment for women who want to work. You expect to have it both ways and cry when men want the same.

uuuhhmmm? You are aware that I said "men and women should have the right to be respected for their choices and be treated equally in this"? uhhmm so how is that me "crying" when men want the same thing? It really sounds like you are the one "crying" that I want men and women to be equal to make the choices for their particular family and to be respected for that.

Though you answered my posting so quickly it is obvious that you did not spend one moment actually reading and thinking about what I wrote.

Meaning you want to continue to be close minded and not think about the things I said. Even though it is obvious from everything I said, that I feel everyone should have the same rights to choices no matter what sex they happen to be born as.

Ignorance is not an excuse for stupidity.

It is very sad to me, that people refuse to see that everyone should have equal opportunity, be it work in the home, or work outside the home.

I personally believe that instead of being honest, you are refusing to look at the true equality that I and many others search for in life.

While not answering any questions I asked of you. And yes, you ARE being unequal towards your own sex, because your analogy, is not just an analogy, it is something that IS taking place and happening. Men are choosing to be stay at home parents, so your "analogy" is happening. Answer my question about it. How do you feel about men choosing to be stay at home parents?

I think it is great, I think it is great if either sex chooses this option, I also think it is great if either sex chooses to work outside the home.

Please stop projecting your delusions onto me. You are assuming that I am playing some strange idea of a victim card as a woman, when I see both sexes as being put into a box and not allowed to step out of it. The victim here? Both sexes.

Are you aware, that your replies to me are denigrating towards me and women in general? I would bet you either don't see that, or you do and you think it is funny, which is a narcissist attitude.

So, you are saying that women should always get custody of children if a divorce takes place?

Originally posted by amazedThe idea that the perfect caregiver is only possible if it is a woman, is what I consider to be an erroneous idea. That is part of the problem with great fathers not getting custody of their children when a divorce takes place, which many men then grumble about and bash on women about. They hoot and hollar about their x getting custody of the children, ignoring that society, and MEN push this taking place by saying "only women can be a great caretaker and children miss out if a man is the caretaker". Do you see the conundrum here?

When in doubt, blame men.

ROFL... ok do you not see what you just did? ROFL ROFL Let me quote what YOU said in regards to this. Perhaps it will assist you.

You said

if there was a male movement that emphasised men should stay at home and do housework and not have a job............ This will likely lead to problems for their children (if they decide to have children) because they will be missing out on being raised by their mother.

Meaning? You feel women are the better parent, and that if men choose to be stay at home parents, the children will be damaged. Meaning? You feel women should always get custody of children if a divorce were to take place. Meaning you are being sexist towards men.

Not me, I think everyone should have the same opportunities and be respected for those choices. Meaning? If you and your wife have children, and decide that your wife will be a stay at home parent, YAY. If you and your wife decide that you will be a stay at home parent, YAY.

Originally posted by amazedYou want it both ways, a woman at home taking care of you and your children, but if something goes wrong you want the custody of those children.

Originally posted by amazedYou can't have it both ways. Either it is in agreement that women are the better parent, so therefore always deserves custody of the children, or it is in agreement that each case should be looked at and wallah in many cases it just might be the father that is the better parent.

Nobody wants it both ways except radical Feminists.

So, how do YOU think it should be dealt with? I assume, women should be stay at home parents, and never divorce? ahhh yes that corrects the problem of equality doesn't it?

You completely ignored what I said, nice job. I said "both men and women should have equal rights" you said only radical feminist want it both ways.

So, are you saying men should not have the right to custody of their children if they are the better parent?

Wow, I do, I feel if a man is the better parent he should get custody. Seems to be that you are propagating the agenda that men are not equal to women in this regard, while I see the truth in that men and women can be great parents and deserve the same rights and respect.

What am I saying? Both sexes should have the right depending on their family to choose what is best for them. I don't think you should have the right to tell another family what is best for them, and I don't think I have the right to tell a family what is best for them.

But I see your point, you don't want equality, you don't want custody of your (possible) children if you ever divorce, and you don't want your wife working outside the home. If your wife feels the exact same way, then I sincerely hope it works for you. I also hope, that if you ever have children and divorce, that you remember your beliefs here, and not blame your wife when she gets custody of the children and you have to pay child support to her instead of the other way around. I assume in your mind, that makes me a radical feminist. So be it.

Edited for clairty..........

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
good,flaged
i dont have problems with women having rights and being good,but alot of them are narcisitstic egoistic pieces of...slime

atleast there are still nice shy girls,theyr so nice^^
all the confident onces can go die in an alley

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join