It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAmerica2012
Why do so many people who hate conspiracies and conspiracy theorists hang out here and trash people and threads using insults and bad sources and most of the time no sources. These people act as if they know it all when all the evidence proves them ignorant or dead wrong.

It seems that in today's world that is all that is needed - Commentaries! No one needs facts or to check their facts - it is a New-Conservative way to demean and tie people up in verbal conflicts so that individuals who have points to make based on theories or investigations get bogged down in trivial bantering that clouds the real issues and then everyone loses sight on what was really being discussed. The classic smoke screen. The real problem is giving airtime to these mostly bags of dry air.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Probably for the same reason why athiests hang out on christian threads.

They have nothing better to do then bitch and moan to people who have different opinions then they do. I think it's a Pride thing or they are afraid their beliefs will be challenged, if not shattered.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadoMan

I agree 100% with your theory.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

I'm probably able to be called guilty of this.

I'll put it simply, since most people's egos are unable to process it otherwise.

I love conspiracy theories. I think a number of them really touch on some real issues.

On the other hand, that also means I have a fine nose for the ones that are crap, poorly thought out, illogical, poorly reasoned, and so on, so what happens to those, 99% I dismiss with maybe a good hearted chuckle. that special 1% that are so horridly bad.. yes, I admit, I'll heckle them. It's fun and most of the time, I think its well deserved.

What, are we supposed to coddle these people? you know, maybe if there was more negative reinforcement like that, we'd have less of the crackpots and more actual real research. Yes, I have no problem saying somethign is crap if that's what it is. I'm not sorry if it hurts your feelings, nor will I apologize for it.

Simple truth is, you put it up here, amongst your peers, and thus it will get peer reviewed and critiqued.. I'm sorry if your ego made you believe you had fans here, or that 1 round of applause makes you credible, but it doesn't. If you can't handle the criticism, stay home.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by CoffinFeeder]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Its funny that most of the people who believe in a 9/11 conspiracy theory - the theories that basically it was not islamic terrorists that flew airplanes into the towers of the WTC - seem to always, somewhere in their posts, get back to President George Bush. Always Bush seems to be the culprit. Never mind there have been terrorist attacks against America going back to the Carter administration, but only G.W. Bush has a conspiracy for some reason.

To me, there is the answer as to why so many skeptics want to come here. To show that the politics of the conspiracy theory people is quite plain for all to see.

Dont believe me? then look about 3 or 4 posts above (Shadoman) and note the use of New-Conservative in a reply post. In other words, if you believe in a conspiracy by the Bush administration you must be a good liberal? and if you talk about the LACK of real, solid, credible, non-theoretical evidence about 9/11, you must be a conservative kook???

[edit on 21/9/09 by TrailGator]

[edit on 21/9/09 by TrailGator]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for asking.

I hang out here to get a good laugh.

I’ll believe in a 9/11 conspiracy theory when the conspiracy theorists tie Bill & Hillary Clinton to the first attack on the NYC World Trade Center in 1993…surely they must have had a hand in planning that attempt (as well as the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing as well as the airplane crash killing Commerce Secretary Ron Brown in 1996 as well as Vince Foster’s death in 1993).

Well, much to my dismay they didn’t have a hand in those atrocities and please stop calling me Shirley.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think it works both ways. I am saddened to see so many people with an opposing opinion a "paid government employee." That is not helping the movement. I have questions about 9/11. I don't think the government planned it I just think we handled it horribly bad and am disgusted and embarassed that we continue to let Bin Laden send messeges.

Unfortunately I have been called a government informent via U2U because I have an opinion.

Both sides need to stop and respect each others right to voice an opinion or you can't call yourself an American and say you care about our freedoms.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
One the biggest smoking guns of 911 is the cover up. The cover up is taking place in the news media and on forums like this one.

I find that the debunkers are swaying more people towards the "inside job" and "Israel played a part" in 911 group.

Good job. Keep up the ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join