It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Profiling Threat To All Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Political Profiling Threat To All Citizens

www.news-leader.com

Wednesday September the 9th many local citizens, law enforcement officials and myself testified before the MIAC (Missouri Information Analysis Center) Interim Missouri House Committee. Many of us expressed our concern of political profiling by the MIAC Fusion Centers. The report profiled Christians, 2nd Amendment supporters, Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, small government supporters and many other conservative groups as possible extreme militia supporters. To our amazement...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama Supports Extending Patriot Act Business Records Snooping
State Fusion Centers to Get Access to Secret DOD Data

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hitting the news today, we have these two headllines:

State Fusion Centers to Get Access to Secret DOD Data
www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

and

Obama Supports Extending Patriot Act Business Records Snooping
www.businessinsider.com...

Yep...this is change alright! It is called a change in the gaurd.

It is wrong though that these law enforcement officials support profiling law abiding citizens which in turn coerces people from practicing their 1st and 4th Amendment rights.

Beware when thinking about putting that bumper sticker on you car or you to will be on MIAC's list.

www.news-leader.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I carry a protest sign with me every where I go. I use it whenever the mood hits me and does not have to be a sponsored political cause....

Some people have even called it the Hawaiian Good Luck/Peace Sign.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow.

It's about time someone other than people on ATS caught onto the corruption.

The M.I.A.C. Report basically profiles anyone and everyone on ATS, lumping them in with the Militia groups for everything that we as American's have a right to have.

I was just speaking about the M.I.A.C. Report last night on the phone with a friend, and I was telling her about this basically Law Enforcement being given planted false evidence through propaganda ahead of time before arresting innocent Americans.

Yes, it profile's American's, for not having done a damn thing other than stand up for their rights guaranteed to us by the United States Constitution, and I believe it was under the Bush/Cheney Administration that they started this and thought that they would get away with it.

Bush, a stupid patsy, Cheney was probably one of the people directing it, because everything in the M.I.A.C. Report covers almost every topic that is talked about by ATS'ers, whether you agree with the Government, or not.

The M.I.A.C. Report reminds me of the F.B.I.'s Project Megiddo.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Possibly connected to the ease with which some quasi-governmental institutions and agencies have abused their access and influence in our country?

Imagine if they were to monitor ACORN? Could ACORN become a sacrificial component of the control mechanism... perhaps Xe with its newly found vigor and zeal to become intimate with foreign governments? Maybe the Fed? I doubt it.

They'll use their fusion data to harass troublesome citizens who they find irritating.

Sorry..., I'm feeling conspiratorial today ... must be because I just heard of the Rockefeller Co. CEO & President apparent suicide.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Really, seriously, I doubt this thread holds much water at all. The only abuse I see in the Patriot Act being continued is the people that are being watched are the ones who do not want to pay taxes. These potential terrorist are ticked off about their overseas accounts being audited. Those tax dodgers will do anything, write any story and twist it to get people to believe the government wants to persecute poor people to get them to line up behind them. This kind of thread sickining. Shame.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inregardstoo
Really, seriously, I doubt this thread holds much water at all. The only abuse I see in the Patriot Act being continued is the people that are being watched are the ones who do not want to pay taxes. These potential terrorist are ticked off about their overseas accounts being audited. Those tax dodgers will do anything, write any story and twist it to get people to believe the government wants to persecute poor people to get them to line up behind them. This kind of thread sickining. Shame.

Ok...so there are people that WANT to pay taxes? I really have no desire for information to be compiled about ANY of us, but it is, and will continue to be. You cannot disregard history. You can pretend that it is insignificant, if it helps you sleep at night. That is your prerogative.

I find it a little bit alarming and suspect that you would assert that the only people concerned about abuses of power by the our government are those that are trying to evade taxes.

I feel you are doing yourself and your fellow man a tremendous disservice.

What we have witnessed is the dissolution of the rights afforded us by the Constitution. Yes, on paper, we have the RIGHT to a fair and speedy trial and the right of protection from unreasonable searches.

In practice, we have phrases like 'enemy combatant' or 'potential terrorist' or 'intelligence gathering' that eliminate these rights given to the citizens when this nation was founded. The continuance of this is a crime, whether you WANT to pay taxes, or not.

Keep up the good work, BTS.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Really, seriously, I doubt this thread holds much water at all. The only abuse I see in ..... This kind of thread sickining. Shame.

Ok...so there are people that WANT to pay taxes? I ..... The continuance of this is a crime, whether you WANT to pay taxes, or not.

Keep up the good work, BTS.

I'm glad you answered. I was having trouble believing that someone might construe the objection as typical of a criminal.....

Shame, indeed.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes, imagine if they were to track the activites of Congress, The Fed, and the Banking Cartel...maybe the taxpayers could save some money and we could let the SEC go extinct.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Missouri MIAC Documents Scandal Leads to Advisory on SPLC & ADL

ALIPAC is issuing a national advisory to all local, state, and Federal law enforcement agencies and officers, along with all DHS Fusion Centers, a warning against any reliance upon faulty and politicized research issued by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and Anti Defamation League (ADL).

A national scandal emerged in Missouri, after their MIAC Fusion Center issued an eight page document which made many false claims. The documents attempted to politicize police and cast suspicion on millions of Americans. The 'Missouri Documents', as they came to be called, listed over 32 characteristics police should watch for as signs or links to domestic terrorists, which could threaten police officers, court officials, and infrastructure targets.

Police were instructed to look for Americans who were concerned about unemployment, taxes, illegal immigration, gangs, border security, abortion, high costs of living, gun restrictions, FEMA, the IRS, The Federal Reserve, and the North American Union/SPP/North American Community. The 'Missouri Documents' also said potential domestic terrorists might like gun shows, short wave radios, combat movies, movies with white male heroes, Tom Clancey Novels, and Presidential Candidates Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin!
www.alipac.us...

Morris Dee's...not a reliable person in any way...yet he is responsible for
shoddy work passed off as a "report"

SPLC Report: Return of the Militias
www.splcenter.org...

Source (get ready...) Southern Poverty Law Center!

In case you don't know who this gang is, it is a leftie lawyer named Morris Dees and his radical commie staff in Birmingham, Alabama, who make their millions by "watching" the KKK and other groups, then writing newsletters and selling subscriptions to the gullible. Dees raises money through fear tactics and dumps all his "intelligence reports" on law enforcement, FBI, DOJ, and all news agencies
www.nolanchart.com...

The Southern Poverty Law Center was cited as a research source for the 'Missouri Documents'. Furthermore, the attempt of these documents to cast suspicion of violent and life threatening behavior on millions of Americans who are concerned about these issues is consistent with the regularly released political materials of both the SPLC and ADL.

Since the SPLC was listed as a source in the MIAC Missouri Documents, ALIPAC sent a letter of inquiry to the Missouri Governor Jay Nixon on March 20, 2009 asking for more specific sourcing information.

Dee's most recent scandal can be read indepth here:
www.zianet.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I feel profiling is a threat. Many people don't think much about it until they are the ones being profiled. Unfortunately by then, it is too late to do anything about it because the wheels have already been set in motion.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have to be honest (that's not really true) here and say I was 14 when the FBI and CIA started their files on me (that really is true), and I have long known what it is to be persecuted for my personal beliefs.

The reality is though I persecute them for their's too!

It's a quid, pro, quo thing.

My own personal oppinion is what good is it being free on Slave Planet Earth if it doesn't really tick of the slaves!???

The bottom line is cry all you want but you can not have freedom for free.

You have to fight for it every second of every day if you want it. There is always someone who wants to take it away from you, a spouse, a lover, a boss, a sheriff a politician, a despot, a tyrant, a dictator, or a sweet lie of your own choosing or doing.

Crying really is not going to help you and praying is not going to do you any good.

Talk is cheap and my best advice is don't talk the talk if you are not capable, willing and prepared to walk the walk.

If you don't want to be profiled don't do silly things that are going to get you profiled and they are silly if you really don't want to walk the walk that goes with the talk.

I got to see a portion of my Government Files a decade or so ago gathered in one room, I was impressed, and flattered, all that time and effort on little old me's account?

Boxes and boxes, volumes and volumes, I sure would have hated to be the guy who had to pull it, let alone the people who compiled it.

Alas to know me is to love me (that's not really true either), but if you are someone opposed to their will, well they are going to take an interest in you, it's that simple.

So if your not really opposed, and when I mean opposed, prepared to stand in opposition, do yourself a favor, sit down, quiet down, and go to ground, and don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.

I don't care what the discared and highly misconstrued constitution says, you can not have freedom for free on Slave Planet Earth and you aren't willing to fight for it ever second of every day and lay your life on the line for it, you can't have it all.

That's the reality, man up, or bow out, stop complaining, and do some profiling of your own!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Really, seriously, I doubt this thread holds much water at all. The only abuse I see in the Patriot Act being continued is the people that are being watched are the ones who do not want to pay taxes. .

The problems are these: the abuses you DON'T see
(which is most of them)
and the powers given to law enforcement under the idiot, er Patriot
act to do basically whatever they please on suspicion alone.

These are horrendous violations of our Constititional rights and if
you don't like our Constitution you are free to live elsewhere and
see how great it is there. Patriotism isn't waving a flag or going along
with the lynch mob because someone "thinks" they've discovered a
terrorist - it's about standing for our god-given rights
regardless of what anyone else thinks. It seems really unpopular these
days to actually be patriotic rather than LOOK like you are.

top topics

join