It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celente on Russia Today - "Cover up, not Recovery"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

While I do agree that saying the recession is over, is a far cry from what's really happening, I think some of you may need to come to terms with the fact that, A.) There's not going to be a huge collapse and downfall of Western Civilization, B.) Things are looking up, and yes the process is extremely slow thanks to horrible politicians and the huge mistakes made by those in previous positions, C.) That this isn't the end of the world, or the end of everything, and D.) We might just be okay.

As soon as you can realize that, you'll find yourself a lot happier in day to day life, instead of sitting here on ATS all day waiting for "the end." Lighten up.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
Star and flag..... This guy is always right.

Time for anyone who can, to leave the USA.

Don't be an alarmist and don't run. Even if everything Gerald predicts comes true would you really run? I hope not. Where would you go that would be better? "It's always darkest before the dawn." What happens if everyone did that? Nobody stood up for our country in it's time of need. If another 3rd party truly emerges with a real shot at rivaling the stagnant 2 party system don't you want to be there to share in it's joy and to fight alongside it?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

The following are just my opinions from my observations. Gerald has been correct more than those talking heads that got us to this position. I remember how they laughed at him when he first exposed this.

When I read things are, "looking up" I just have to laugh. All bad news these days is spun to the brighter side. Oh look .06% growth compared to the 3.0 percent loss last year, it is still a loss. That just says we are falling a tiny bit slower. If a banker were to jump off a fifty story building, it really would not matter if he fell 1% slower. The crash arrives just the same.

All those people invested in the markets heavily are pushing the, "green shoots" all while knowing that the banks, banksters, and the government are manipulating the market with trades. (look at volume of stocks traded also discussed on ATS).

So why say it is getting better? Because they need Joe the Investor to return to the game because they can't keep feeding the false "market recovery". If we all return to investing in the market, then they can begin removing what they inserted. If we all sit back and watch, the investors will begin to get nervous, and pull out a little at a time, signaling a sell off. If this backfires the government and banks will be left holding the bag. Which hurts us anyway because this means they will have lost OUR money again!

So why won't Joe the investor return to playing their game? Because there are far too many unemployed people, and those of us that are employed are getting squeezed with higher prices for everything. Meanwhile the unemployed just have nothing to spend.

I suspect that the only "people" investing now are Speculators, and bankers that receive million dollar bonuses. What do they really have to lose? They didn't really earn the money. Soon the Government will hit their maximum in "funny money", and then the markets will return to being "Free" and a second correction should take place.

This is all just a confidence game; all they need are the suckers to keep it inflating.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gaslaugh123

This doesn't all fall in Obama's lap. He inherited this mess from Bush2 (GW 2001 - 2008), Clinton, and Bush1 (HW). It's a systemic disease. Your congressman and senators always seem to weigh what's in it for them personally, politically, and financially against what's in it for their constituents and the public as a whole when deciding to vote "Yea" or "Nay" on any legislation or other matter that comes across their desks. It seems they usually, if not always, vote on the side of their personal interests. The merits of any particular legislation seems not to matter, nor the greater good of the public and country. We now all know or should know that they rarely trouble themselvs to read, think about, and comprehend any proposed legislation. Rather, they appear to accept at face value what they're told it means by some lobbyist or interest group who is waving money-on-the-end-of-a-stick or some other personal or political motivation in front of their noses. Yes, I have become cynical and jaded regarding those who warm the seats of Congress, the Senate, and even the courts. My rose colored glases have been ground to dust.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join