It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celente on Russia Today - "Cover up, not Recovery"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hi Guys,
My latest email from Trends Research.

KINGSTON NY, 15 September 2009 --Today commemorates the first anniversary of the greatest bankruptcy in American history, the collapse of Lehman Brothers, quickly followed by the biggest drop in stock prices since the Great Depression and a near-global market meltdown.
In December 2007, the Trends Journal predicted that an "Economic 9/11" would strike America in 2008. "Just as the Twin Towers collapsed from the top down, so too will the US economy ... when the high-stakes speculators, banks, brokerages and buyout firms that leveraged billions with millions get hit, everything underneath them will turn to rubble," we wrote.
Today also marks the anniversary of the onset of a sequence of major financial failures and subsequent government bailouts, buyouts, rescue packages and stimulus plans that -- in the course of a single year -- have reshaped the American free enterprise system.
Yesterday, President Obama visited Wall Street and admonished its players for the "reckless behavior and unchecked excess at the heart of the crisis." He credited his administration with pulling the country back from the brink. "We can be confident that the storms of the past two years are beginning to break," Obama said.
At the Trends Research Institute we are anything but "confident." What is ballyhooed as 'recovery' is nothing more than a cover-up; papering over historically unprecedented financial losses with historically unprecedented trillions of dollars spun out of thin air, backed by nothing, and producing practically nothing.
And while President Obama asserts that his policies signal a "return to normalcy," the Fed policy of flooding the market with phantom money -- meant to kick off another borrowing and spending spree -- is regarded by the global financial markets as neither normal nor healthy. Gold prices have broken through the $1000 ceiling. The dollar is at a yearly low against key currencies.
This is not the American media, Wall Street or Washington speaking, it's the world ... and the message is unmistakable; it is a global vote of "No Confidence." Gold doesn't lie.
The Autumn Trends Journal will be published at the end of September/early October. For a preview, see Gerald Celente's interview on Russia Today (filmed at The Trends Research Institute)where he discusses the Cover-up that masquerades as Recovery.

[edit on 15/9/2009 by wycky]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Star and flag..... This guy is always right.

Time for anyone who can, to leave the USA.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
Star and flag..... This guy is always right.

Time for anyone who can, to leave the USA.

Where would you go?
I think once the US collapses the rest of the Western world will follow.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yes, didn't you know?
The US is the centre of the world, the capital of the industrialized civilization.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Well it certainly used to have the freeist market, but of course that's been slowly deteriorating over the years. Gotta love RT & Gerald Celente telling them like it is. The last time I checked the Dollar - Euro Exchange is sitting at 1.4677, and gold at 1,006.30 not good folks (unless your one of those lucky people who bought gold back in 2000 when it was 350$ then your golden :up

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
shoe boys

they better be dusting off their hiking boots

thanks again GC

no recovery.....no ####

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It is tricky moving to another country. The first world countries will only allow rich Americans to immigrate. There are not many poor countries which would accept Americans either. Moving to smaller American cities might be a good idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Yes, didn't you know?
The US is the centre of the world, the capital of the industrialized civilization.

Industrialized? With what?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by Skittle
Yes, didn't you know?

Industrialized? With what?

Why BS, what else?

Haven't you watched anything this (or the previous) administration has said about the economy?

Our govt. consistently manufacture and distribute BS every single day!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
star and flag.. great post.. got a little too tied up with all the rrcon and democrat rhetoric goin on some other threads.. very inlightening

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I really like listening to celente..he seesm to know his stuff, and dosnt seem to stonewall or make it obvious about lying, luike how bush would address the public infront of that mic..
does celente have ANY info about when he thinks its all coming down? when should we expect the crash too happen...i dont think i ever heard him give a timeframe, be it a predicition OR an actual time.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What an odd interview.

I've got money that Celente is shagging Anastasia. He's good at hiding it, she isn't.

Incog

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I really like listening to celente..he seesm to know his stuff, and dosnt seem to stonewall or make it obvious about lying, luike how bush would address the public infront of that mic..
does celente have ANY info about when he thinks its all coming down? when should we expect the crash too happen...i dont think i ever heard him give a timeframe, be it a predicition OR an actual time.

No, it's much easier to say things, and then down the line it will eventually happen.

And no, this guy is not always right, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am one of the few on this site that sees it the other way of course.

The "crash" if you want to call it that already happened and the turnaround has begun.

Think about it like this -

12 months ago the market tanked, signaling 6-18 months down the line we were in trouble(well, not like we were not then), .. well it was right, the past 5 months have been hell, each month worst than the next for unemployment (lagging indicator) and a whole host of other lagging indicators.

Now the market is telling us 6-18 months down the line we will be about in the same shape as about 2002-2003 somewhere. Which seems about right IMO, we lost a lot of time, but we will make that up historically speaking, and we already have gained a whole hell of a lot back if you haven't been paying attn.

I am sure if anyone can remember back to the early 70's, it prob. seemed this dire as well, infact technically the crash was worse then than now, but not too many people talk about that, or are even knowledgable on that subject.

I have a prediction, we will hit a new historical high in the market, and also visit DOW 8000 again. I think the new historical high comes first, but either way, you can see how predictions without timeframes are just pretty brutal. But hey, you are always right in the end.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Celente has a tendency to speak in bumper-stickers...he is intelligent but he is no Max Keizer.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well, hasn't he been right on many other situations?

I don't think he's special in any real way, he's just rather intelligent and uses his common sense.

No offence, but with the awareness levels in the U.S. being what they are amongst the public, any person who uses common sense and critical thinking without following the MSM at all will seem like a prophet.

He's simply telling it like it is, and observing what will happen due to predictable government action/inaction.
As he states, there are wild cards, such as incidents that may change the path and order if things, but the result is inevitably the same financially.

A year ago we were all talking about the start of this, and several of us accurately asserted what would likely happen over the following year. Much of it has, although some of us (myself included) thought that it would all happen more quickly.
And all of that discussion was based on very few facts and a lot of common sense.

I have one example for you of how this "recovery" is a sham...
They fully admit that the recovery on the ground will be a lot slower than in the markets (this is because there are two economies, Wall St. and Main St.).
They admit that job losses will continue.
Now, if the public are increasingly struggling, and face higher taxes, with insecure employment, where do they find the money to buy?
Answer: they don't!

How does that affect business?
Answer: More business closures, more unemployment.

How does that affect the economy?
Answer: More government support, less spending, more closures.

And yes, this will continue to spread around the world too. Every nation is now so closely connected financially that it cannot be sustainable through a storm like this. The only response we should have all taken was to be protectionist when it mattered, and support local economy, agriculture and manufacture first.
The only reason they didn't take this route was political. No party wants to be the ones making a difficult choice and explaining it to the public.

We had two roads ahead of us when this began.
1. Make difficult choices, explain it, show the possible ramifications if we didn't act. Yes it would have been tough for a few years, but we would have emerged from it with a new understanding of wealth and a new appreciation for the basics in life. We would have become more self-sufficient.

2. Bail out the banks, corporations and elite. Throw money at them and pay them off. All this did was delay the inevitable. And the inevitable will be far more catastrophic than the first option would have been.

We chose option two, and as a result we simply delayed what is inevitable. But in the process of that delay, we have increased the damage that it will do to the nation (any nation). Instead of spending a month or two panicking, watching banks fail and corporations go under before levelling out and becoming more sensible, we'll be spending years seeing taxes rise, standards of living falling, unemployment spreading, insecurity, possible war, the list is endless.

Our governments were basically given a choice; bail out the wealthy few and see the public suffer for decades to come, or let the wealthy suffer the consequences of their own greed in support of the public. They chose to support the wealthy at our expense.

That's what it comes down to.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hard to not comprehend what he is saying unless you are in a coma. Many do not have the educational background to perceive the depth of this crises. "Cover up" from hell and in the end a NWO all about greed and control. OK you who call the truth "birthers", Obama lovers how foolish you look now. Revolution is an assurance and the blood will flow. Seemingly very few gray areas left, black and white now and this is not a racist statement. It should be clear enough for all to see and yet most do not. Truth has become so diluted and skewed that the blind will remain as such and we who can see this deception from hell have only one option....Faith.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
back up and look at the situation the US is in. Everyone knows how bad things are. You don't have to be an economist to see the problems. If you give each side of the issue a 50/50 chance of being right, then, look at the posibilities of either side of the issue coming to pass.

What chances are there that we are in a real recovery, and the worst is behind us? Again, look at the facts. There has been no real jobs creation in any significant number, by the stimulus package. Where are all these "green jobs" we were told that were going to be created by the governments stimulus of the green movement? Look around your town, around your state, do you see anybody getting along as good as they were a few years back? Does anything the government says ring true with common sense? Do you believe in a jobless recovery? I could go on and on with real world situations, but you get the picture.

Now, what are the chances that the government is blowing smoke up our arse? When do they ever do anything that works? When do the y ever tell the truth? How could anyone look at job loss stats every month overall in the US, and say they look promising, and we have started the recovery? Please---there is not one ounce of common walking around sense in their statements. When something doesn't pass the smell test, it's never proved to be corerect, and the main stream media and the government issued statements stink to high heaven. So look around your world and see who you believe, and what makes real sense to you. Don't take anyones's word for anything, do your own fact checking, and smell test, and see who's really stinking the place up with lies.

i think you'll find that what the government is saying doesn't even make sense with what you see happening around you. Common sense people.......

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
Hard to not comprehend what he is saying unless you are in a coma. Many do not have the educational background to perceive the depth of this crises. "Cover up" from hell and in the end a NWO all about greed and control. OK you who call the truth "birthers", Obama lovers how foolish you look now. Revolution is an assurance and the blood will flow. Seemingly very few gray areas left, black and white now and this is not a racist statement. It should be clear enough for all to see and yet most do not. Truth has become so diluted and skewed that the blind will remain as such and we who can see this deception from hell have only one option....Faith.

No thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
always nice to hear Gereld Celente tell it like it is.. it'll be interesting to see the new journal when that comes out at the end of the month/early october.. see where we are headed..

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That guy has a pretty interesting and realistic perspective.

There's not much of that around at the moment when it comes to US politics and economics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join