It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Fusion Centers to Get Access to Secret DOD Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

State Fusion Centers to Get Access to Secret DOD Data

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org

State and local law enforcement officials will get access to classified Defense Department information relating to terrorism, the Obama administration announced Monday.

The Homeland Security Department will facilitate the ability of certain state and local officials at intelligence fusion centers to access the Defense Department's Secret Internet Protocol Router Network, which is used to send classified data. The access will be given to select fusfusion centers to access the Defense Dept...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.defenselink.mil
[edit on 15-9-2009 by burntheships]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by asala]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is a whole new can of worms...

This is announced in conjunction with The Obama Administration's announced support of renewing sections of the USA Patriot Act that expire later this year, in December 2009.

www.abcnews.go.com...

Fusion centers have been created across the country since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. But they have operated amid controversy. Some privacy and civil liberties groups question whether they are spying on U.S. citizens, while others -- including lawmakers -- say they have been hobbled by a lack of resources, especially with regard to information sharing.

"Increasing the breadth of law enforcement that have access to terrorism-related data will further improve the ability of fusion centers to prevent, detect, deter, and respond to terrorist attacks, and advance the combined missions of DHS and DOD to protect the nation's security," the departments said in a joint statement.

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Oh great, more "secret evidence" to be used against Americans.

I am sorry but when "secret evidence" is used against citizens, we are being pushed further and further into the rise of the Fourth Reich, which is when America become just another dictator run country, and places like Guantanamo become an Auschwitz or Dachau.

Oh wait, they are supposed to be closing Guantanamo, and moving those "terrorists" to Michigan, weren't they? That makes it just a little bit more reassuring.

We are guaranteed a trail by jury in a court of law, if we have done something wrong, which is what this is bypassing completely, and as well the Department of Defense has absolutely no business doing ANYTHING within the country as far as Law Enforcement goes, because that violates Posse Comitatus altogether.

Wikipedia : Posse Comitatus Act

The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

This also violates the Fourth Amendment, and smacks of illegal search and seizure.

Wikipedia :Fourth Amendment :
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

You have nailed several salient points IMHO.

I for one know of several bits of my personal info that are contained in DOD, DHS, FBI, ASR, etc... data files that I really do not want local law enforcement to have access to. Especially with the security and confidentiality issues my locals repeatedly demonstrate.

I have a problem with my former employers having access to sensitive personal data that could cause problems for me and my family and friends.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Thanks for your posted links, further exposing the threat to
The Constitution, and our freedoms afforded by it.

Ron Paul, in 2008 endorsed Chuck Baldwin for President...
His running mate Darrel Castle has this to say about Fusion Centers...

Fusion Centers should be disbanded, Department of Homeland Security states there are 72 funded fusion centers which received $254 million from 2004-2007. When power is centralized and consolidated, corruption is ineviteable.

Terrorist is such a strong word. Who is the real threat? Anymore, the political opposition is demed the threat.

The war on terror, how does that work? We've been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan for 8 years. I mean in WWII we beat Hitler's Germany, Mussolini's Italy and the Japanese Empire in 4 years.

I’m always curious when I’m singled out at the airport or see someone pulled over if the reason they are picked is because the fit somekind of profile or is it random? I think a lot of people want to know the answer.
www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If means and methods are compromised, this will prove to be a disaster for our already shameless ideologues. I wonder, if by some magical means, the American populace were to attempt to compel the government to cease and desist (go with me here) how aggressively do you think they would react?

I'm beginning to see the value of a grass roots movement to observe an random day of citizenship - where no one works, answers a phone, drives anywhere. But it wouldn't work would it
?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

It might...your not alone in your thinking...

Castle responded, “So what I’m hearing from you is because one group was profiled and harrassed, it’s ok to turn the tables and have someone else get screwed? Well, my advice to you is to create the outrage yourself. We are all in this thing together. But all you have to do is call me up, I’ll come create the outrage with you.”

www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I thought "State" and "Federal" were seperate entities?? Guess they are fused in these "Fusion Centers" now... I wonder if this will flow to Local PD or Sheriffs....

Something about this does not seem right at all and it is right on the tip of my brain.... I will spout random things and hopefully you all can help me out....

For State Militia's isn't the National Guard the State Militia or is it State Troopers? Please explain if you know... Cause if the State troopers are... well This seems like a huge conflict of interest.....

"In the 2008 decision of the Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller, the de jure definition of "militia" as used in United States jurisprudence was discussed. The court's opinion made explicit, in its obiter dicta, that the term "militia", as used in colonial times in this originalist decision, included both the federally-organized militia and the citizen-organized militias of the several States: "... the 'militia' in colonial America consisted of a subset of 'the people'—those who were male, able-bodied, and within a certain age range" (7) ... Although the militia consists of all able-bodied men, the federally organized militia may consist of a subset of them"(23)"

"A Well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Sounds like a conflict of interest to me once again...This is not a well -regulated militia if the feds hands are all dippin in....ughh

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Ninth Amendment, U.S. Constitution

I don't know if I am completely off base here...but something is not right...Time to sleep.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Your stink o meter is correct my friend...As MaxMars said, compromised!

..take a look here:

national scandal emerged in Missouri, after their MIAC Fusion Center issued an eight page document which made many false claims. The documents attempted to politicize police and cast suspicion on millions of Americans. The 'Missouri Documents', as they came to be called, listed over 32 characteristics police should watch for as signs or links to domestic terrorists, which could threaten police officers, court officials, and infrastructure targets.

Police were instructed to look for Americans who were concerned about unemployment, taxes, illegal immigration, gangs, border security, abortion, high costs of living, gun restrictions, FEMA, the IRS, The Federal Reserve, and the North American Union/SPP/North American Community. The 'Missouri Documents' also said potential domestic terrorists might like gun shows, short wave radios, combat movies, movies with white male heroes, Tom Clancey Novels, and Presidential Candidates Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin!

The Southern Poverty Law Center was cited as a research source for the 'Missouri Documents'. Furthermore, the attempt of these documents to cast suspicion of violent and life threatening behavior on millions of Americans who are concerned about these issues is consistent with the regularly released political materials of both the SPLC and ADL.

Since the SPLC was listed as a source in the MIAC Missouri Documents, ALIPAC sent a letter of inquiry to the Missouri Governor Jay Nixon on March 20, 2009 asking for more specific sourcing information.

"When many of us read these Missouri Documents we felt that the false connections, pseudo research, and political attacks found in these documents could have been penned by the SPLC and ADL," said William Gheen of ALIPAC. "We were shocked to see credible law enforcement agencies disseminating the same kind of over the top political propaganda distributed by these groups."

www.alipac.us...

The SPLC ...

Source (get ready...) Southern Poverty Law Center!

In case you don't know who this gang is, it is a leftie lawyer named Morris Dees and his radical commie staff in Birmingham, Alabama, who make their millions by "watching" the KKK and other groups, then writing newsletters and selling subscriptions to the gullible. Dees raises money through fear tactics and dumps all his "intelligence reports" on law enforcement, FBI, DOJ, and all news agencies. Dees...was divorced by his first wifeRead his scandalous divorce docs here .
www.nolanchart.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

This is nothing more than criminal action hidden under the guise of "protection" of America.

I sure thought Bush was the only ignorant Fascist who was going to try to manipulate the law and use "secret evidence" against innocent American citizens in order to try to convict us of "secret crimes".

I guess Obama is the same exact man that Bush was as the President, a tyrant.

Well, this is going to become a problem for Washington D.C. because America will not put up with it.

"Terrorism" is such a loose fitting and all encompassing vague definition, and the people should never have protested the closure of Guatanamo, because they protested the incorrect thing, it should have been the lack of ability to have due process.

Wikipedia : Terrorism

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

One form is the use of violence against noncombatants for the purpose of gaining publicity for a group, cause, or individual.

At present, there is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

Now, with the potential of Guantanamo closing, which we know is bogus because closing a facility may in fact only be on paper while keeping it secretly open, legally closed but operating as a "secret detainment facility", they are talking about moving the "terrorists" to Michigan.

Wikitionary : Terrorist

1. One who governs by terrorism or intimidation; originally applied to an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

2. Anyone who uses terror as a weapon in a political struggle, frequently in an attempt to coerce a more powerful opponent, such as a government.

Interesting, one who "governs" by terrorism, and "anyone who uses terror as a weapon, against a "more powerful opponent", as in the American people.

Using terrorism as a weapon sure fits the definition of what the Government does, does it not?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Seems every move the government makes these days to grab more power has in it's central core the premise of taking rights away from the people to protect the people from "terrorists" as they make more and more moves to lable everyone who cries foul a terrorist!

Even the ACLU is concerned about this!

The decision to give fusion centers access to classified intelligence appears to a shift in policy by Homeland Security. In July, Secretary Janet Napolitano “that fusion centers were not intended to have a military presence, and that she was not aware of ones that did,” according to the New York Times.

The centers have been a flashpoint of criticism from civil liberties groups. The American Civil Liberties Union, in particular, has been a vehement critic.

“As fusion centers gain more and more access to Americans’ private information, the information about them being made available to the American public remains woefully inadequate,” Michael Macleod-Ball, Acting Director of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office, said in a statement. “There is a stunning lack of oversight at these fusion centers and, as we’ve seen, these centers are rapidly becoming a breeding ground for overzealous intelligence activities. Opening the door for domestic law enforcement to gain access to classified military intelligence coupled with no guidelines restricting the military’s role in fusion centers is a recipe for disaster.”
rawstory.com...

top topics

join