It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of ATS Should STAY AWAY from MY TOWN. (Go to Denver!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'll surely welcome you to Memphis except it is the allergy capital of the south. If you weren't allergic to something before you will be soon. Also the politics here want to turn Memphis into a third world country.

The rest of the state is as fine as they come.

Oh, except for the Oakridge area. Something about rednecks & nuclear weapons.

"Hey we could make little bomblets to cover a wider area!"
"Yeah! Except we should do something so people will be aware of the area afterward" (responsible redneck)
"I know! We'll put in Tennessee Orange color to define the area!!"

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Might as well come on down South here.

Hell, everyone else is.

Mashed 'taters, fried okra, pork chops, black-eyed peas, and a little corn mash likker cut with kerosene to moderate the flavor.

Ya, But when you come don't try to BS us on how NY is so dam great lol. Bring your best and leave the trash behind.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would like to invite any sort of survivalist, back to the land types of the left, right, up or down persuasion to my adoptive cities of Eugene/Springfield, Oregon. There are already enclaves of just about any group of freaky individualists in place. Right now jobs are really scarce but we have plenty of forests and clean rivers to live off of if things fall apart. Hell we even have a secession movement. FREE CASCADIA!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by KSPigpen

You can't come to Utah either.

We're all weird here.

We'd know if it was a stranger, you wouldn't fit in.

But I'll give you some ammo and hardtack before you go.

Well thats the truth. I could never get around in SLC- darn streets all have Numbers for Names. Makes it hard for a Truck Driver to get around. (And yes I know why they are that way.)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I would like to put you survivalists out in the Australian outback.

Within 3 or 4 days you will either be begging to be let back into the nearest town.....or dead

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I would like to put you survivalists out in the Australian outback.

Within 3 or 4 days you will either be begging to be let back into the nearest town.....or dead

Nope. I heard the only way to get anything sweet out there is to dig up some ants. I like my sweet tea too much. Besides, how are we gonna get there?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Nope. I heard the only way to get anything sweet out there is to dig up some ants.

There's plenty of stuff....you just have to know where to look

I like my sweet tea too much. Besides, how are we gonna get there?

I dont know? Gyrocopter?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
KSPigpen
tis alright, might be best you stayed where you was at anyhows, cause if'n you come down south with that attitude; we'd run you out on the rail real quick

side's I lived close to that area, wouldn't want to go back, ain't nuthin there noways.

The rest of you folks, come on down where it's warm all year round, bring your hard work and a happy smile, we'll make it through all the mess.

edit: reply to didn't work

[edit on 15/9/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Stay away from south east Texas. There are actually plenty of you that I'd be happy to see and meet but it would be worse than "Deliverance" on steroids around here after society collapsed. They got scatterguns and deep fried gizzards in the pine thickets around here.

P.S.

Be very wary of anyone claiming to be a 'Hip Hop Hillbilly'; not dangerous but very annoying.

[edit on 083030p://f09Tuesday by badgerprints]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear
KSPigpen
tis alright, might be best you stayed where you was at anyhows, cause if'n you come down south with that attitude; we'd run you out on the rail real quick

side's I lived close to that area, wouldn't want to go back, ain't nuthin there noways.

The rest of you folks, come on down where it's warm all year round, bring your hard work and a happy smile, we'll make it through all the mess.

edit: reply to didn't work

[edit on 15/9/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

:p You're quite right there pardner. There aint much up here but tumbleweeds and four legged fat chicks with ear tags.

Ize born in the south though, little town westa san antone.

But now I'm gonna get all butt hurt. It's a horse of a difrent color when you tell ME that I can't come down for a spell.

(out of all these replies, there have only been about three that said their place was a good place to go. It seems a lot of us really think we're boned where we're at.)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Well, they certainly can't come to SE New Mexico. The nuts and fruits are welcome around Santa Fe, Taos, and that area.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Straight out of jersey kid!!!
We live survival every day.
From insane drivers, to polluted water, yo political corruption, to proximity to NYC.
Come on in and wallow in our swamp lands. I hear they like to bury former union bosses in em.

The garden state? More like the garden snake.

The pine barons are our best chance, until the fallout chokes us.

Have a nice freekin day yo!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I've been through Utah every so often throughout my life, I understand what you mean. Although, I would certainly fit in. Most people 'round this area, especially the older folks don't give someone like me with many visible tattoos much benefit of the doubt. I(And I get really funny looks when I'm in the community with my clients, who're MR/DD) Some older folks know that tats don't determine the demeanor or behavior of a person. btw - I went to an Indian (subcontinental) wedding in SLC. mmmm... lamb curry + pan, yessss....

In my area, which is a rather large valley on the west coast, I live right in the middle. What with wind patterns, if a blast was outside of this area, we'd get alot of drift. But if it were right here, it would be terrible for the whole valley. Which is a BIG area.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

well bring a smile, hardwork and play nice and you can come out the corner, make sure you bring the floaties though, cause when the water rises, we all gonna have to swim outta here

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Y'alls more than welcome ta come here ta Humboldt County Northern California. We got it all: Biggest trees, Free Thinking (plenty of Hippies!), great food, arguably the perty'est coastline ever, and yup, lots of green...............grass....................ahem.

Cheers

[edit on 22/SeppmTue, 15 Sep 2009 22:12:16 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Hell, everyone else is.

Mashed 'taters, fried okra, pork chops, black-eyed peas, and a little corn mash likker cut with kerosene to moderate the flavor.

That sounds like Sunday-go-ta-meetin' dinner. I'll bring the rhubarb pie.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Hell, everyone else is.

Honey chil,you fergot dem grits.Ya hafem fer brekfust,lunch an supper!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

I'm with ya here! All are welcome here in La La Land... we managed to hold on this long and we do by holding each other up!
I'd rather go down fighting to survive together, rather than to just die alone fighting... period.
... and yes we can be quite strange.

In any case... I'm pretty certain cannibalism will occur here first! So fear not cause I'm sure there will be plenty to eat.

LA is the last place I want to be for cannibalism!! Silicon is chewy and goes right through you!!

Anyhow, I'll be hunkering down right were I am and then making my way through the Deep South, to the 4 state area!! MO, KS, AR, and OK!! Pigpen, if you want to head to the East side of your state, I promise not to eat any of your vittles!!

P.S. Thanks ATS for the new spell checker!!
It only took me about 6 tries to get cannibalism correct!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Straight out of jersey kid!!!
We live survival every day.
From insane drivers, to polluted water, yo political corruption, to proximity to NYC.
Come on in and wallow in our swamp lands. I hear they like to bury former union bosses in em.

The garden state? More like the garden snake.

The pine barons are our best chance, until the fallout chokes us.

What do they call it......"Cancer Alley"? Youz Guyz might be immune to the Nuke fallout by now!!
You might not even notice an attack!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You keep swinging them udders around and I'm going to have to go relieve myself.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join