It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature Found?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I bet its some kind of a fetus. They usually look really weird until they mature, heck we even have a tail in our early stages of development!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Looks like a bear fetus.
I'm still shocked, that the kids "saw something strange" so they threw rocks at it, and killed it. That is more disturbing than the "thing".

Humanity really is screwed. Aren't we?.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

My question: if they beat it to death, why are there no visible wounds or bruising.?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i found an english version that shows the carcus a few days later. what do ya think?

www.metro.co.uk...

MrWebby666

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Cerro Azul animal is a blend of sloth traits (claws, pelvic bone) and non-typical traits, so it’s most probably not a sloth but a sloth crossbreed. There are substantial differences from a regular sloth:

- Certainly the “pencil” thin arms of the Cerro Azul being ("2." of www.abovetopsecret.com...).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9e84f3855ab.jpg[/atsimg]

- Rather certainly its nose. Sloths (at least seem to) have dark noses, somehow similar to dogs'. No way such a nose could change its dark color just by dwelling in water for a relatively short time (the original close ups of the Cerro Azul being's head depict no advanced decomposition). Regular sloth:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7a2b6d63546.jpg[/atsimg]

- Rather certainly its (genuinely?) naked skin (unless someone finds a really convincing explanation for any allegedly lost fur). Drowned bodies usually DON'T lose their hair/fur ("4." of www.abovetopsecret.com...). Photo of a bloated drowned dog, still has its fur:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4ac943798d8.jpg[/atsimg]

- Possibly the chest (suspiciously narrow especially in comparison with regular three toed sloths). This VIDEO shows the find has three toes/claws. Three toed sloths do not have the very narrow chest of the two toed sloths. Something doesn't add up.

- Possibly the size. The Cerro Azul animal seems pretty big for a three toed sloth (en.wikipedia.org...: "Three-toed sloths are about the size of a small dog or large cats, with the head and body having a combined length of around 45 centimeters, and the animal having a weight of 3.5-4.5 kg (or between 7 and 10 lbs). Unlike the two-toed sloths, they also have a short (6-7 cm) tail, and they have three clawed toes on all front feet of their limbs.") Why no data about the size, or footage allowing a comparison?

- Finally the said insufficient footage. Why not a single still/video close up of the skull and the chest of the latter carcass - although a whole crew was present?? They did provide numerous skull close ups in this case (hoax): “Alien caught in rat trap? " (for instance: translate.google.com...). Why no more close ups of the Cerro Azul animal especially in view of the public attention it received?

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

This is exactly what I was leading to say, only I couldn't remember the name of the place the monster was from. They do have a strikingly similar appearance.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Comparison with a three toed sloth (sloth image from scienceblogs.com...)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23d1825efbe4.png[/atsimg]

yellow: eye shape
green: nostril shape
red: no nose hump
blue: nose color
white: no fur

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If this thing is real then I would say it is an ET. In Sheldan Nidle's book "Your Galactic Neighbors" there are drawings of some ETs. The amphibian Species from the Beta Canceri star system looks like this. It's a man sized frog like sentient being.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWebby666
i found an english version that shows the carcus a few days later. what do ya think?

www.metro.co.uk...

MrWebby666

Good link. I was looking for a picture of the full body!!

My god, everything about this story is so annoying and unsettling and definitely fishy:

1. There is only ONE picture of it before it's completely picked apart.

Why would you only take one picture of something so strange looking? Were there more pictures taken but only one released by the media? The only thing they've done with it is rotate it and zoom in on certain parts as if to make it seem like they took more pictures.

However, the picture of its half-eaten remains lends credibility to the fact that it's NOT a fabrication.

2. The story doesn't add up with the picture and begs a few questions. Like some of you said already, if they beat it to DEATH with rocks, why is it completely unscathed?

And why would the creature be moving TOWARD the people from a CAVE where it's safe? Animals are normally afraid of humans unless the humans are intruding on their territory. Since the creature "clambered over the rocks", it was far away and the children weren't intruding on anything. There is no logical reason for the animal to run out of a safe area and attack a group of people (where it's clearly outnumbered).

It sounds like the kids made up the story to either 1) justify killing the animal or 2) make it sound sensational. I just don't buy the monster chasing after the innocent kids and the kids retaliating in self-defense.

So far, I think the best explanation would be a mutated sloth, but even that seems a far stretch. :/

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The creature doesn´t look like it has anithing to attack the kids, so it may be that the kids looked at it and wanted to kill it, makes you think of the rise of violence doesn´t it?

It kinda looks like a mutated sloth, but i may be wrong.

And if it is a mutated sloth then we are in serious trouble, if the contamination of the enviroment does this to a sloth imagine how may mutated creatures are out there.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Bildeberg]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I think the sloth hypothesis is the most logical, but that doesn't make me unthink that that thing is damn scary to look at.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepSea

What about the kind of split lip? The eyebrows also seem a little off.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
To any one still thinking this isnt a sloth... seeing as this was dredged up

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9e84f3855ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Check out the end of the 'hand' on the upper limb in the upper left image... you can see the sloths big long claws coming out of the tip. Drowned, swollen mange ridden sloth carcass... nothing more nothing less. Poor bugger.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join