It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and India tension: NSA summons meeting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

China and India tension: NSA summons meeting

www.ndtv.com

China's soldiers, helicopters and now even fighter jets have been intruding into Indian territory and airspace in the last month. Beijing's new aggressiveness comes even as talks continue to resolve the border issue.

Though, officially both sides are playing down the incidents, NDTV has learnt that the National Security Advisor (NSA) is clearly worried and has called a meeting of the government's highest China policy making group on Thursday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
According to reports in other Indian and Chinese outlets, shots were fired and soldiers were apparently wounded. The Indian government, however, is playing down any incident of hostilities.

Another "incident" is not being talked about by the Indian government. Hearsay and speculation suggests another confrontation, but neither side is willing to talk about it.

This is a story we must monitor.

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
India is an enemy of China
But China is not an enemy of India

At least in my opinion that is

I think these two countries can learn alot from each other and both have a very similar culture as well going back before time almost.

But today China sees India as a growing threat to China's inevitable super-power future.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Some, a significant minority, in the Chinese regime do want to share the title of "Asia's superpower" with another nation.

Indian officials are denying any hostile actions, but locals and the media are suggesting shots were fired and soldiers injured.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
this story reminds me when hitler started the invasion of poland then retreated....there was an incidence though..the nazis blew some bridge but apologized and the world didnt really fuss about it..1 month later they invaded

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If China is planning on War, its game over for the Indian civilization. All China needs is a couple O days till India caves.

Nobody gives a damn about culture/religion/tradition, that's not what this is about!!!

China does'nt see India as a threat, if it did it would think twice before attacking but so far it has attacked whenever it felt like. It knows that India can be easily over thrown and considers India as a thorn by its side...
With Israel and Iran on the other side this most likely looks like WW3

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
China supports Pakistan. Pakistan threatens the US. Showdown using a third party. India is on guard and our ally.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We have two of the largest populations right next door to each other and they are both growing rapidly economically speaking with China taking the lead. Both are nuclear armed and the potential here is very serious.

Both have been making moves into Central Asia. The next great natural resource region to be exploited. Also India has a little known terrorist group operating in the border region. China and India have been nice with each other on the surface. While in reality they are like two overweight passengers confined to adjacent airline seats elbowing each other for the arm rest...

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
If China is planning on War, its game over for the Indian civilization. All China needs is a couple O days till India caves.

Nobody gives a damn about culture/religion/tradition, that's not what this is about!!!

China does'nt see India as a threat, if it did it would think twice before attacking but so far it has attacked whenever it felt like. It knows that India can be easily over thrown and considers India as a thorn by its side...
With Israel and Iran on the other side this most likely looks like WW3

Wow you are giving way too much credit to China and its capabilities. Though I do believe India would lose in a war against China, China wouldn't be able to fight off the U.S., Europe and Japan (and Japan can militarize again very quickly) if this were to ever occur. Which it won't. Besides, India has nukes, which I am sure they will use if they are invaded...

That would take off like 1 billion people if half of India and China's populations were killed in a nuclear war. I guess that would solve a population crisis?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Nah, Whatever...

[edit on 15-9-2009 by CuteAngel]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
call me crazy
but I have been wondering if China sent Maoists into India to terrorize and break india up

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
call me crazy
but I have been wondering if China sent Maoists into India to terrorize and break india up

There is that Group
Thanks I couldn't remember their name but yes...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A decent war between India and China could be pretty good for us.

We should egg them on.. some decent depopulation wouldn't go astray either

Go on India.. Hit em.. HIT EM!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You see China is very shrewd than people give her credit to. She plays North Korea like a puppet on one side, gave Pakistan Plutonium tipped war heads, funds and supports Pakistan occasionally, bought the US deficit and twisted their arm, supports Maoists and asked Nepal to recruit Maoists in their army, forced Srilanka into getting rid of their Tamils so on and so forth and this is only within the last couple of years!
The powerful army of the king of the East and the new children of the NWO!!!
Oh by the way the Indian government is in the stage of denial rite now, it'll be a while till they move to the next stage

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
China has invested heavily in India's allies, especially the Commonwealth and the United States. There is nothing we can do, unless we are willing to risk the chance of China bankrupting us.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel

You see China is very shrewd than people give her credit to. She plays North Korea like a puppet on one side, gave Pakistan Plutonium tipped war heads, funds and supports Pakistan occasionally, bought the US deficit and twisted their arm, supports Maoists and asked Nepal to recruit Maoists in their army, forced Srilanka into getting rid of their Tamils so on and so forth and this is only within the last couple of years!

I disagree shrewd would have been doing all of that without people knowing.
That's been out in the open with everybody watching.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I started a similar thread yesterday:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thing I find most interesteing is the charge that China is building inderground bases along the boarder....reeks of nuclear launch sights....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

China has the upper hand...

They have been building up their infrastructure. This means massive highway programs.

[Based on the US model]

They would be able to ship man and material rapidly towards the region.

A conflict in the region in question would be an infantry ground force and airlift/helicopter war. Tanks would find it very difficult to fight in that region. It's very mountainous and rugged terrain.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No one has the upper hand as its all BS.

Fear factor regards... From the "Joint Theatre".

That's not a flame to you guys but more so to the first class SCUM idiots running the Mil game

The term JOINT THEATRE

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
An incident occurred yesterday. China accuses India of spying on military secrets of the PLA.

There seems to be growing tension between India and China. Beijing on Sunday took exception to the detention of United Arab Emirates air force aircraft at Kolkata airport earlier this week.

It called the incident an attempt by Indian officials "to spy on Chinese military secrets" and said India violated diplomatic rights because the cargo onboard belonged to China.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

NDTV

top topics

<<   2 >>

join