It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High level freemason on Australian news just now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Any one from Melbourne catch the Channel 10 news just now? There was a story about Dan Brown's new book, but what was most interesting was the part where the reporter was in the lodge speaking with one of the grand masons. The guy even showed the reporter how to do the secret handshake.

He said he likes to teach people how to live, not die. Whatever that means..

Also there was a skull and bones inside of a box on a wall that he closed - I didn't know masonic lodges had those. What does it mean?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I doubt he showed him the actual true grip of a mason.....

As far as the skull and bones go. Masonry was around before the skull and bones society and others like it, and has been using the skull and bones symbol since it's earliest beginnings. It was even a more common symbol on Masonic rings in the 1800's.

The use has several meanings but ultimately it is a reminder of your mortality. To remind you that your time here is very finate. Therefore to be diligent, not wasteful of that time. It is a reminder of what is important because the materialism of this world will be useless after we go home to our lord. The Skull and bones was also used in this fashion on Churches before the masons frequently during the middle ages, you will find it in stone relief through out all of Europe on Cathedrals.

It also has been used interchangably when put in the proper postition with the Chi Ro......which if you know that symbols history....you know all you need about it. If there is a semi secret it may be that it is ultimately a Chi Ro symbol.

Last of course, it was also a symbol used by the Templar Navy....it's said that the Jolly Roger was stolen from the Templar fleets for pirates after they disolved because the idea it might be a Templar ship struck fear into would be attackers.

The Elitest Skull And Bones of Yale.....did nothing short of rip off an older symbol for their own use. However it is not theirs.....I would imagine they also use it however as a symbol or reminder of lifes limited time, and to therefore hurry to make their mark.

The Marked difference is that masonic groups may use it as a reminder of how we are bound for a greater desitination upon our death, S&B groups seems to use it to justify hurried grasps for power and materialism...an irony...given it's meaning is quite the opposite to a mason.

Either way short and to the point, you are mortal there is no escaping death, so hold your time here as precious to accomplish your goals. For the Mason this means building yourself....because you are a temple of God.....to the elitest group it means frivilous worldly power which to my mind is meaningless in death.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There are many degrees and grades of Freemasonry. If a man wishes to learn the 'secrets' of Freemasonry he must become a Freemason. That said, apart from the signs,tokens and grips,( secrets of Freemasonry) there is nothng secret about Freemasonry that can not be discusssed with a non Freemason
Gerard

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I saw it, and it was not shown only in Melbourne, but nationally.
I saw it the nine network btw.

Whether Masons are up to no good or not, I don't know.
But if they are, he did a good job of trying to sell the Masons as a fraternity for middle aged men, or a type of 'mens book club'.

It will have worked on the masses of sheep though who are more concerned with their mortgage payments and keeping their kids clothed(nothing wrong with that).

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've been searching around for that interview, couldn't find it but I did notice this piece which is apparently a teaser for Dan Brown's new book.

Personally I think his writing is over hyped, but that's just me.

Link

new topics

top topics

join